• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Robber tussles with martial-arts expert, gets beaten and shot

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Robber tussles with martial-arts expert, gets beaten and shot

anthony-miranda-butt-whooooped.jpg

Anthony Miranda ((police photo))

December 05, 2011

By Liam Ford, Tribune reporter

A man who tried to rob a mixed martial-arts expert at gunpoint found himself no match for his intended victim this weekend, police said.

Anthony Miranda, 24, faces a charge of discharging a weapon during a robbery in the Southwest Side attack, which left him wounded in the ankle and badly bruised from his confrontation with the 33-year-old man he robbed, police said.

The victim was sitting in his car near Kenneth Avenue and 55th Street about 11:30 p.m. Friday when a man came up to the car and asked him for a light, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli.

The man in the car replied that he didn't have a light, and the other man pulled out a handgun and demanded the driver's valuables, Mirabelli said. The driver handed over his cash, wallet and valuables, and the gunman then ordered him out of the car.

At some point, the older man was able to grab hold of the handgun, and during a struggle, the robber discharged a round, striking himself in the ankle, Mirabelli said.

The victim was able to hold the robber until police arrived. When he turned the robber over to police, the victim told them that he participates in Ultimate Fighting Championships, a mixed-martial arts competition, Mirabelli said.

After being treated at Holy Cross Hospital, Miranda appeared in Cook County Bond Court Sunday and was ordered held in lieu of $350,000 bail.

Miranda, of the 8900 block of Bronx Avenue in Skokie, is on parole in several 2007 residential burglary cases for which he was sentenced to six years in prison. He was released from prison in March 2010.

He previously served time for convictions in two 2005 burglary cases.

From Robber tussles with martial-arts expert, gets beaten and shot - Chicago Tribune

They say it was a UFC guy anyone know who?

No didnt give name or let the media snap pics...

he got off easy, he didn't even have to go to ICU. once disarmed the average untrained street thug that smokes and hasn't exercised since dropping out of school in the 7th grade does not make for a formidable opponent. I suspect it would take the same effort as beating up a girl.

this will be his 3rd strike

If there is no jobs available, then some people are pushed to things that are against the law in order to feed their families. I don't condone breaking the law, but I feel sorry people have to do things like this to take care of their families. So I feel sorry for him and his baby.:(

If there is no jobs available, then some people are pushed to things that are against the law in order to feed their families. I don't condone breaking the law, but I feel sorry people have to do things like this to take care of their families. So I feel sorry for him and his baby.:(

Why would you feel sorry someone like that?
I imagine your opinion would change if you were robbed or burglarized.

Why would you feel sorry someone like that?
I imagine your opinion would change if you were robbed or burglarized.
I will be sorry for myself and him.:(

Karma is a bitch...You may get away once, twice...But sooner or later, karma will take a big chomp out of your ass!

IML Gear Cream!
Karma is a bitch...You may get away once, twice...But sooner or later, karma will take a big chomp out of your ass!

What if youre robbing bad people and doing good things with the money? if karma were real, 2 yr olds wouldnt be getting leukemia and grandmas wouldnt get hit by stray shots.

I will be sorry for myself and him.:(

You have a kind heart but I can't feel sorry for anyone who would harm another person.

I saw my mother get mugged at gun point when I was 9 years old and its something that has scarred her and left a bad impression us me and my other sisters....she also had her chain snatched on the subway.
We had our car broken into countless times, once they stole $800.00 worth of Christmas presents for our kids, it was a bad Christmas for the kids that year.

Now the reality of this is that the majority of these crooks are doing it to feed their drug use.

It's naive of you to think that he's doing it for his kid. You can always get a job at McDonalds.

What if youre robbing bad people and doing good things with the money? if karma were real, 2 yr olds wouldnt be getting leukemia and grandmas wouldnt get hit by stray shots.

I'm not too familiar with any modern day Robin Hoods, but how people treat you is their karma and how you react is yours.

As far as a kid getting leukemia and granny getting hit by stray bullets, that's just the head honcho having a bad sense of humor...

You have a kind heart but I can't feel sorry for anyone who would harm another person.

I saw my mother get mugged at gun point when I was 9 years old and its something that has scarred her and left a bad impression us me and my other sisters....she also had her chain snatched on the subway.
We had our car broken into countless times, once they stole $800.00 worth of Christmas presents for our kids, it was a bad Christmas for the kids that year.

Now the reality of this is that the majority of these crooks are doing it to feed their drug use.

It's naive of you to think that he's doing it for his kid. You can always get a job at McDonalds.
I don't think it is like that black and white, Mino. But I understand why you feel that way.

You guys are misunderstanding the meaning of Karma. Karma doesn't mean some Big Boss up in the sky punishing or rewarding you for your behaviour. Please do some more research before using that word.:D

Why are you defending some punk that thought just because he had a gun, he could get easy money by robbing someone? What if it was a woman he tried to rob, would you still feel sorry for him?

I don't think it is like that black and white, Mino. But I understand why you feel that way.

I don't know,it's black and white to me. I think you're being a bit naieve.
If this clown was just robbing this guy because he was doing what he had to get by(feed his family)) ,he would have quit when the guy gave gave him his cash,wallet and valuables.But he didn't,he also wanted his car.Really?
This guy was just a punk,thug that was very lucky that the guy that did this to him had the discipline to hold back and wait for the cops.

Why are you defending some punk that thought just because he had a gun, he could get easy money by robbing someone? What if it was a woman he tried to rob, would you still feel sorry for him?
Are you saying I have no right to feel sorry for people? Stop being bossy.:gosh:

You guys are misunderstanding the meaning of Karma. Karma doesn't mean some Big Boss up in the sky punishing or rewarding you for your behaviour. Please do some more research before using that word.:D

Nobody said karma is the big boss in the sky punishing you. First, I would have to subscribe to there being a boss in the sky in the first place, which there isn't.

Wait, you did...

Karma = cause and effect = Robbed at gunpoint = Beaten black and blue, there is the cause and there is the effect.
If he beat him as a self defense, it is seems justifiable. If he enjoyed beating beating him up, that is another story. Because of the intentions involved, these two are not the same.

Last edited:
Karma = cause and effect = Robbed at gunpoint = Beaten black and blue, there is the cause and there is the effect.
It is more complex than that.

Nobody said karma is the big boss in the sky punishing you. First, I would have to subscribe to there being a boss in the sky in the first place, which there isn't.

Wait, you did...
Yeah blame it on me.:gosh:

Are you saying I have no right to feel sorry for people? Stop being bossy.:gosh:

you completely ignored my question. But by all means continue feeling sorry for punk ass criminals. I actually feel sorry for you being so naive.

He is a gangbanger, he wasnt loking for a job he was looking to punk a whiteboy and get some easy money. That use to be a nice neighbrohood not so much anymore. The lil bangers are not trying to get jobs there they are all about destroying what was once a beatiful neighbrohood.

I helped a kid I knew get work. He was doing roofing work which isnt easy but he has a kid and I figured he would do what he had to provide. My friend called me to let me know he wasnt coming in, later that nite he was caught breaking into the guys truck and stealing tools.

So is that karma for me? I tried to help out someone who swore he wasnt gonna be banging no more. He pleaded how he needed work he swore he wasnt gonna be on any bulllshit.

Of course not, but it's the most honorable thing to do.
I don't know where you are from but most these guys here are not angels.

If he beat him as a self defense, it is seems justifiable. If he enjoyed beating beating him up, that is another story. Because of the intentions involved, these two are not the same.

We all enjoyed the beating the guy gave him and I wouldn't blame him if he was giddy.
This may make him think twice in the future.

Back