• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

depression

Swolen22

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im on test/deca/dbol and been feeling depressed a lot more than usual..

Is this expected to happen?

Anyone know how I can help this?

Results?

First, are you getting the results you expected? I recently ran across some fake gear and was lucky it wasn't something worse than fake.

Second, those drugs have a profound effect on your mood/mind, and no two people will respond psychologically the same to like drugs.

Three, go see a mental health professional and get assessed. There are a lot of great anti-depressants on the market, and the anti-anxiety drugs available are a miracle if you're depressed, because depression and anxiety are two different sides of the same coin.

Just don't let your mental health care team know you're using gear unless it is by prescription. Even if it were though, I think the first thing a psychologist or psychiatrist would tell you if he/she knew you were using AAS would be to insist you get off of the AAS before they would let you begin your anti-depressant protocol.

Additionally, the conversations with your health care professionals are protected to a point; if you were ever arrested for using illegal steroids, and the arresting officer discovered you were seeing a mental health care professional, they would subpoena those records and they would get them.

Im on test/deca/dbol and been feeling depressed a lot more than usual..

Is this expected to happen?

Anyone know how I can help this?

I am on the same cycle (except the dbol) and feel the same every once in a while. I've been on the cycle for 3 weeks and 2 or 3 times I got really depressed for a few hours but not constantly. Is this the same for you? How far into your cycle are you?

He needs to disclose the medications he is on. You don't mess around with anti-depressants, especially MAOI's. A tyramine-induced, severe hypertensive crises caused by eating the wrong foods are using the wrong supplements could be fatal. Also some anti-depressants, while a major tool in fighting depression, don't work over night. This isn't like Xanax where you see results immediately.

Also, they have a shit ton of side effects including weight gain and increased risk of suicidal tendencies and ideations.

I'm not arguing, in fact I agree with most of your post. It's just that when it comes to meds especially anti-depressants, the patient has to SERIOUSLY exhaust every other option.

Last edited:
I heard that deca,npp (nandrolone) can make you depressed.

Not saying it's for sure related, but I had some depression towards the end of my test/deca cycle. I feel awesome pretty much all the time on just test though, and I've had some level of depression most of my life. Dbol makes me feel great too, if it continues maybe just drop the deca and see how you feel, or try upping your AI as estrogen could be the problem. Could it also be the fact that on cycle you're probably devoting alot of your time/thoughts to training/eating and missing out on life a bit? Maybe go drink with some buddies and try and meet some girls, that usually makes me feel better lol

Running any other medications? Past depression in your family?

There are lots of factors that can play into this.

definitely see a Doc please. if those bases are covered, and this is just for me so again i say see a doctor, but after you've done that, Arimidex brings me back in balance. BUT like the other posts here, there are many factors to consider first. See Professional, not us juggheads

IML Gear Cream!
He needs to disclose the medications he is on. You don't mess around with anti-depressants, especially MAOI's. A tyramine-induced, severe hypertensive crises caused by eating the wrong foods are using the wrong supplements could be fatal. Also some anti-depressants, while a major tool in fighting depression, don't work over night. This isn't like Xanax where you see results immediately.

Also, they have a shit ton of side effects including weight gain and increased risk of suicidal tendencies and ideations.

I'm not arguing, in fact I agree with most of your post. It's just that when it comes to meds especially anti-depressants, the patient has to SERIOUSLY exhaust every other option.

I would really be interested in the mental health provider's response if he discloses he is on AAS. I hinted about my AAS use to a physician about 4 years ago, and, when his nurse pissed me off he threatened to put what we talked about in my permanent record.

I agree, Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) can be lethal if you eat the wrong food while taking them, but MAOIs are traditionally used to treat atypical depression, and because of the threat of lethal interactions with foods such as chocolate or licorice, they are mostly used as a treatment of last resort.

Personal history of depression? What about family history?

I've tried effexor, wellbutrin, and cymbalta and none seemed to help my depression as much as test. I feel pretty good now and it doesn't kill my sex drive like the other meds ;)

I agree, Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) can be lethal if you eat the wrong food while taking them, but MAOIs are traditionally used to treat atypical depression, and because of the threat of lethal interactions with foods such as chocolate or licorice, they are mostly used as a treatment of last resort.

True, I am giving the worst case scenario here.

The depression he is suffering or is subjectively reporting, is possibly caused by his gear usage. However, family history hasn't been provided or has a thorough assessment been performed by a trained professional. Like I said, I wasn't arguing with you....

Last edited:
I have no history of depression. I'm a very laid back guy and after the past 3 pins I get depressed a day or two after. It lasts a few hours then subsides. I'm thinking this is the deca causing this. Would it be ok to just stop the deca (125mg e3d)? I'm worried about the depression getting worse.

Are you taking any AI's? With that cycle you should be. If not then I would bet your estro levels are way up. That could enplane it. Depression though, is not something to trifle with. Good advice here from everyone but I would say if you feel this way ONLY since you started this cycle it is likely estro. If you have felt this way before see a doc for sure.

True, I am giving the worst case scenario here.//Like I said, I wasn't arguing with you....
That cool my Brother! I've reconsidered my position, and to be absolutely safe I think he should disclose all meds/AAS to a mental health care professional. I was just giving my opinion, and you know what is said of opinions...

Are you taking any AI's? With that cycle you should be. If not then I would bet your estro levels are way up. That could enplane it. Depression though, is not something to trifle with. Good advice here from everyone but I would say if you feel this way ONLY since you started this cycle it is likely estro. If you have felt this way before see a doc for sure.

Yes I'm taking .5mg arimidex EOD. Should I increase to .5 ED?

I'm thinking I should just stop it, I'm already at a low dose and this is my first cycle so I should be on just test E. To the OP, does your depression come randomly, consistently, or at certain times after you pin like me?

IML Gear Cream!
I take aromasin 25mg/day for estro but i could get blood work done to be sure. I am in my 4th week of the cycle and I would guess it most likely the deca causing depression but I do not want to stop bc I am getting great results so far. I have ran just test in the past and felt unbelievable. Maybe I should just go out and get my mind off things. I have no history of depression but I do have some things in life now that are getting me down. Deca could add to it. Im just gonna man up and not let it get to me this time but will be reluctant to use deca too much in the future. Also my libido is down slightly. I recently just started aas so I am learning how I react to certain drugs differently.

I take aromasin 25mg/day for estro but i could get blood work done to be sure. I am in my 4th week of the cycle and I would guess it most likely the deca causing depression but I do not want to stop bc I am getting great results so far. I have ran just test in the past and felt unbelievable. Maybe I should just go out and get my mind off things. I have no history of depression but I do have some things in life now that are getting me down. Deca could add to it. Im just gonna man up and not let it get to me this time but will be reluctant to use deca too much in the future. Also my libido is down slightly. I recently just started aas so I am learning how I react to certain drugs differently.

Test is King of the AAS's for a reason...

Back