• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Protein shake gas

jimm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Right guys and girls as funny as this is it can be a real problem..

The protein powder I'm using gives me the farts lol I went 2 days without and not a problem despite all the food I'm eating..

I basically want to know what it is in the powder that is causing this ive already heard the old "try water instead of milk" but it's not the milk that's the problem I could drink pints of the stuff and not be constantly dropping nasty farts half an hour later..

I'm not sure wether it's an excess of protein itself of a chemical in the powder I'm using and rather then try out aload of different brands of powder I thought I'd ask here incase one of the gurus knew what chemical may possibly be causing this...

It most likely has to do with gastric emptying.
In other words protein that is not digested before the first 240cm from the throat tends to ferment causing the gas. The protein still gets absorbed but you'll get the associated gas byproduct and discomfort with it.

To speed gastric emptying take your protein with water and at smaller dosages starting at 30gm or more. 30 gm gives you enough leucine to stimulate muscle protein synthesis and if taken on an empty stomach should fully digest before it ferments.
I prefer to take my shakes about an hour before whole food meals that way it is gone or mostly before before whole foods slow gastric emptying. About 40 gm of whey with water is the upper limit for me on an empty stomach before I get gas.

Hi jimm, you're right -- it is kinda funny :)

I'm not sure about chemicals as I'm not one of the gurus but I know that beans are a common source of protein and they are also known for causing flatulence. The powder you're using might contain them... just a wild guess

Beans also contain fiber. Fiber drastically slows gastric emptying (digestion) = gas.

In other words protein that is not digested before the first 240cm from the throat tends to ferment causing the gas. The protein still gets absorbed but you'll get the associated gas byproduct and discomfort with it.

To speed gastric emptying take your protein with water and at smaller dosages starting at 30gm or more. 30 gm gives you enough leucine to stimulate muscle protein synthesis and if taken on an empty stomach should fully digest before it ferments.
I prefer to take my shakes about an hour before whole food meals that way it is gone or mostly before before whole foods slow gastric emptying. About 40 gm of whey with water is the upper limit for me on an empty stomach before I get gas.
Thank you Powermaster!!! :winkfinger:

This is good to know in case I want to avoid the gas sometime, but most of the time I don't mind it since it keeps people away from me at work, which is perfect.

This is good to know in case I want to avoid the gas sometime, but most of the time I don't mind it since it keeps people away from me at work, which is perfect.

Yes at work i don't give a shit I'll drop nasty ones all day and love it...

When your with a nice girl tho can become a issue..

Hi jimm, you're right -- it is kinda funny :)

I'm not sure about chemicals as I'm not one of the gurus but I know that beans are a common source of protein and they are also known for causing flatulence. The powder you're using might contain them... just a wild guess

Lmao beans cause you too fart tell me something i don't know..:roflmao:

Cool so what 1 scoop with water instead of 2 with milk guess il just have to experiment see what works..

Thanks for the info tho

I get gas from cheap whey concentrate, I do not from a good quality protein with isolates. I don't get gas from high quality Casein either. I always mix with 1% milk, no amount gives me gas, but I have not mixed more than 40gms of protein before.

Try a different Potein. I like any ON product.

Most GNC products give me gas.

IML Gear Cream!
^^^yes bro I'm using the cheap stuff.

^^^yes bro I'm using the cheap stuff.

You can get a 10lbs bag of ON whey from BB.com or Ebay for $75. 154 servings for chocolate @ 24g Protein per serving. Usually the cheap stuff is 19-21 gm. The ON whey goes a long way...

rarther than starting a new thread, does anyone know the correct way of taking whey?
I usualy take 1 scoop in the morning and 2 scoops after a workout.

Been told that you need the 1 scoop in the morning to get out of catabolic state and you need 1 scoop before the workout and 1 scoop after.
Also my whey has confused me...it says it has dex allready in it but there are only 6g carbs per scoop, should I add some more simple carbs after my workout?

rarther than starting a new thread, does anyone know the correct way of taking whey?
I usualy take 1 scoop in the morning and 2 scoops after a workout.

Been told that you need the 1 scoop in the morning to get out of catabolic state and you need 1 scoop before the workout and 1 scoop after.
Also my whey has confused me...it says it has dex allready in it but there are only 6g carbs per scoop, should I add some more simple carbs after my workout?

Rather then start new thread ?? GTFO and and start a new thread and don't thread jack my shit mother fucker! :shooter:

Yeah sure...Hah

If you're not getting enough fiber, consider some regular Metamucil or something like that. Possibly look at oats if they aren't in your diet.

Other supps to help support digestion:
- acidophilus or probiotics
- digestive enzymes
- charcoal

If you're not getting enough fiber, consider some regular Metamucil or something like that. Possibly look at oats if they aren't in your diet.

Other supps to help support digestion:
- acidophilus or probiotics
- digestive enzymes
- charcoal

Charcoal sassy?! Really...?

I take pro biotic yoghurts And use oats in my morning shakes! I've not heard of metamucil tho?

^^ewww nasty lol thanks tho I just don't understand charcoal is what I use to light my bbqs!

IML Gear Cream!
all protein powders give me gas. Dymatize gives the least, Isopure is by far the worst. That stuff is the biggest rip off of all time.

Rather then start new thread ?? GTFO and and start a new thread and don't thread jack my shit mother fucker! :shooter:

:roflmao:

This Suraj noob keeps getting blasted every day...

Drink more water! I used to have the same problem myself. I increased my water intake and that fixed the problem for me :winkfinger:

I like smelling my protein farts...

Lmao fuck you guys with your beano!! :roflmao:

I like smelling my protein farts...

I like my own aswell shit who doesn't??..

My girl is not too keen on them tho...

AIR BISCUITS ALL DAY!

Back