• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Getting Doctors to Order Bloods

bobdylan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I have done bloods before but only through online places which is $50.00 a pop

I have really good health insurance and am sure I could get about just whatever I want for close to free ...

...what I am wondering is how do you guys go about getting your doctor to order it up?

Do you tell them you are on stuff? - I've heard this can get your insurance pulled if the doctor is a dick

Better luck with a certain sex (m/f) of doctor?

I am moving to a new place so I would be going to a doctor I have no rapport with.

-Thanks for responses

Ask your doctor for paperwork to get your cholesterol checked. You can check off whatever tests you'd like. You have Quest Diagnostics in your area?

Yes. Is it just a lab or is there actually docs to order up the bloods so I can put it through with the insurance?

So I can say it is for my cholesterol but get things like estro, test and hematocrit checked out?

Excuse my ignorance.

Quest is just a lab that performs the tests and provides the results.

Well I still need a doctor to sign off on it so it can go through insurance ... right? ....

That is this is about. I can find a lab no problem - I mean that is how you get online bloods done.

I am an introverted person as it stands and am wondering how to go about getting/talking to a doctor about ordering up blood work.

I just had pre-cycle blood work taken last week. I told my Doc what I was doing, what I wanted tested and why I wanted to know. He was shocked and impressed that I knew so much about AAS (I learned it all from reading here:winkfinger:). He said I have done my homework and good luck to me. I took my first pin yesterday and I go back for bloodwork in 8 weeks to test me while I am "on" too. I say just be honest. I am a grown man and I think my Doc respects the fact that I am not some kid just fucking around with the stuff. Good luck to ya bro.

im sure it would be cheaper having your health insurance pay for the testing but not sure that i would want something like that in my health records. like you were saying, the dr could be a dick and get your policy cancelled. im not sure how that works but i wouldnt risk it to save $50. good luck tho if u do.

Yes. Is it just a lab or is there actually docs to order up the bloods so I can put it through with the insurance?

So I can say it is for my cholesterol but get things like estro, test and hematocrit checked out?

Excuse my ignorance.

Honest questions. Good on you.

Quest is just a lab. Your family doctor will give you paperwork to take to that (or some other) lab.

I'm 49 and asked my doc to have my test level checked. She gave me the paperwork and it had all these other tests listed.

Mine had been checked for test level, but I just checked the box for cholesterol as well.

Don't see why the reverse wouldn't work. My insurance paid for it all. No one questioned the extra checked boxes.

And if you go through Quest then you have about a week after your blood is drawn to have additional tests completed. Just ask your doctor to authorize the tests.

Quest is just a lab that performs the tests and provides the results.

Yup.

Well I still need a doctor to sign off on it so it can go through insurance ... right? ....

That is this is about. I can find a lab no problem - I mean that is how you get online bloods done.

I am an introverted person as it stands and am wondering how to go about getting/talking to a doctor about ordering up blood work.

How old are you if you don't mind my asking?
  • If you're a teenager then I would recommend against any AAS use.
  • If you're a 20something, well, even someone that young may have low T.
  • If you're 30-plus then it seems more than reasonable to ask for those tests to be performed.
There should be no fear in asking your doctor for tests to be completed. You also don't have to go in depth on why.

"I'm tired. My sex drive has dropped significantly. I'm having trouble remembering things." are all reasons to expect your testosterone levels to be questioned and tested.

At nearly 50, I definitely do not have the energy I had as a 20-year-old. And my memory can "skip a beat" now and again, so I mentioned those ailments to my general practitioner.

I just had pre-cycle blood work taken last week. I told my Doc what I was doing, what I wanted tested and why I wanted to know. He was shocked and impressed that I knew so much about AAS (I learned it all from reading here:winkfinger:). He said I have done my homework and good luck to me. I took my first pin yesterday and I go back for bloodwork in 8 weeks to test me while I am "on" too. I say just be honest. I am a grown man and I think my Doc respects the fact that I am not some kid just fucking around with the stuff. Good luck to ya bro.

There's doctor-patient privilege or confidentiality, but there's also common sense.

While it doesn't hurt to ask a doctor to test your testosterone level, it might not be smart to say, "Hey, I'm thinking of doing something illegal!" :thinking:

im sure it would be cheaper having your health insurance pay for the testing but not sure that i would want something like that in my health records. like you were saying, the dr could be a dick and get your policy cancelled. im not sure how that works but i wouldnt risk it to save $50. good luck tho if u do.

If I was a criminal :p then I'd probably save up the fifty bucks, too.

This is why there should be a group like NORML only for AAS and those who wish to use them safely and under a doctor's -- an educated on the subject doctor's -- supervision. Currently you probably have a bunch of people who use these substances without a clue on proper use and PCT.

Laws that might be intended to keep citizens safe (or safer) may actually be making things more hazardous to the health of those same citizens. :paddle:

Last edited:
I am 23.

Thanks for the tips.

What would be a good excuse for having my rbc and hematocrit checked? or should I just hope I can pull the box checking scheme like you?

IML Gear Cream!
I am 23.

Thanks for the tips.

What would be a good excuse for having my rbc and hematocrit checked? or should I just hope I can pull the box checking scheme like you?

Just tell him you want a cbc panel, I believe those tests are in there. For your test levels just tell him your taking a natural test booster and you want to make sure its working.

Back