• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Plateau in body weight?

thedaperdan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have the hardgainer skinny genetics and ive worked my ass off to get to where i am today (5'11 162lbs) is it possible that i physically cant gain unless i start gearing up?

No, not unless you have low test levels or have contracted Aids. I know you don't want to hear it, but the problem is your diet and possibly training methods.

Post a pic, let's see what we're working with here.

There's not a chance in hell you've plateau'd at 162lbs. Not a chance in hell....

Like Hench said, your diet and training is probably wrong. I wouldn't even tell a 12 year old girl she's plateau'd at that weight...

Post your diet and training, in a structured way we can actually read.

I am the same. 5'11" was 130lbs at 20yrs old. Ive been up to 180 naturally - when i was younger. Could have gained more if I would have ate better. Been as heavy as 210lbs on gear, which for my frame, just didnt feel right.

End goal for me is a lean 200lbs.

I used to think the same thing. I would eat alot but wouldnt get any bigger or heavier. I completely changed my eating schedule and diet. I also changed my training to something like Dorian Yates does (train heavy to failure). I put on about 20lbs in 8-9months because of this. Not all ov it was muscle but I am cool with that.:winkfinger: Look at your diet carefully.....

i don't know how many times i've posted this but here it is again.

If you can't gain weight and are under 200lbs you simply not eating enough.

I went from 150lbs to 215lbs (i'm also 5' 11") naturally in 2 years before i even thought about using gear.

You will absolutely gain a decent amount of fat bulking without gear, even if your diet is perfect, but it's just something you have to do if you want to do this correctly. You will thank me later.

Im no rookie at weight training been lifting since 14...22 now so i almost know for a fact it cant be my weight training...although low test levels could be it...ive taken novadex xt(test booster) in highschool and it really fucked me up wit acne and ive always thought it messed up my test levels

heres basically what my diet is right now
meal #1- protein smoothie(1%milk, whey, whole grains, fiber, greek yogurt, mixed
berries or peanut or almond butter)
1 Chicken breast or 2 eggs
meal #2- (pre workout meal) Bowl of oatmeal with cranberries, almonds and/or
cashews topped with a little maple syrup (i also take a scoop of MP
Assault before i head to the gym)
meal #3- (post workout) protein shake and peanut butter and jelly sandwich (dont
really have that big of an appetite after the gym)
meal #4- Whatever my parents make for dinner...always very good health wise
meal #5- Protein shake before bed

Take multivitamin/multimineral twice a day(morning and night)
Amino Acids
BCAAS and glutamine already mixed in whey
24oz of water consistently thoughout the day
Only thing i would think i need to improve on is my calorie intake

i will also post a couple pics tomorrow.. front back legs ect.

Im no rookie at weight training been lifting since 14...22 now so i almost know for a fact it cant be my weight training...although low test levels could be it...ive taken novadex xt(test booster) in highschool and it really fucked me up wit acne and ive always thought it messed up my test levels

meal #1- protein smoothie(1%milk, whey, whole grains, fiber, greek yogurt, mixed
meal #3- (post workout) protein shake and peanut butter and jelly sandwich (dont

Amino Acids
I am not a diet guy but I would start by eating more food and dropping a shake. Your really not eating alot through out the day bro.

yeah the shakes are just convenient...thats just the base of my diet though i usually snack between meals so theres always food in my stomach throughout the day...i should also probably get my test levels checked as well

IML Gear Cream!

Amino Acids

Diet...

Diet...

Diet...

Your diet is way off bro...

There is so much info on the correct way to bulk. Not to be a dick, but your diet is shit...

At least it's not fast food, but your post workout should not have fats...

It should be Whey and dextrose or Maltodextrine or 50/50...

Have a solid meal after your post workout shake 1 hour later...

Your last meal is only a shake... My guess is that shake is Whey, you don't want whey before bed...

You need some Casien protein before bed... Get some cottage cheese and eat 2 servings before bed and add your p. butter here...

meal 4... Whatever your parents make? :hmmm:... Bro you need to know what you are eating every meal to know the macros...

You are relying to much on shakes. Shakes will not get you big... You need solid food...

Whey protein is only a must post workout with a high GI carb like dex or malto...

research clean bulking and get your diet together...

You need a complex carbs...

Brown rice
Yams
Wheat bread,tortillas
Beans
Oats

You will not grow without a shit load of these^^^

Proteins...

Eggs
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Salmon
Tuna
Top sirloin
Eye of round
Turkey tenderloin or lean ground
Cottage cheese

And add healthy fats

Nuts
P. Butter
Extra virgin olive oil

Add Fresh green veggies to a few meals...

You can gain 1-2lb a week from clean bulking and lifting heavy... Some will be fat, but that's all part of bulking...

Last edited:
Haha i dont think there is such thing as plateu man. Eat more and you will gain more.
I always thought i could never gain weight and always tell people how im a "hard gainer" and i will never gain weight.

Then i actually started counting my calories and took 1-2K over maintenance and steadily gained lots of pounds.

ANyways... Eat.. eat eat.

Weren't any of you listening to this man?!!! It absolutley can't be his weight training, and his diet is so well typed! It's got to be low test levels.
Might as well just buy the biggest cycle your parents can afford and start juicing man. Or, I've got an idea... you're 22 and don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, so maybe you should pay the **** attention to what the people you're asking advice from have to say.
What is it with kids these days?

yeah the shakes are just convenient...thats just the base of my diet though i usually snack between meals so theres always food in my stomach throughout the day...i should also probably get my test levels checked as well

test level checked... :roflmao:

Bro do you wake up with a hard on?...

If you do you are fine...

It's your diet... You can't grow without a calorie surplus... Just google clean bulk and read all you can.

It's really simple man. A gallon of milk a day. Just add that to what ever your eating now. You will gain. I went from 130 to 205 in under 3 years natty that way. I'm little under 5'10. It's all about the food man.

I have the hardgainer skinny genetics and ive worked my ass off to get to where i am today (5'11 162lbs) is it possible that i physically cant gain unless i start gearing up?

increase your cals by 10% a week until weight gain occurs. make sure you are consuming close to 30% of your cals from fats for optimal natural test production. get the rest of your cals from proteins and fats.

everybody gains weight with a high enough caloric excess in the diet. don't skip any meals try to eat regularly, insulin naturally suppresses cortisol which increases when the body is in the fasted state. you want to keep cortisol levels low.

you are fine at 162 lbs there is no need to worry ..better be skinny than fat. About gearing up: there are no reasons to do so unless you are a professional living out of lifting weights, i don't see the reason why you should take any AAS
If you are older than 23 you can start lifting heavier but with descent reps (8-15 reps each set), some people are hard gainers but with age they will pick up some muscle mass.
your food must be of good quality not any junk, again you must be healthy not fat. Anything you gain by ingesting lots of food will be useless fat you should eat as much as you need not more not less. i am totally against just wolfing crap, your natural apetite is a good indicator, as you work out your body will ask for food, let this food be of a good quality protein, and carbs etc..
it is a good idea to load with some carbs 1 hour before the gym

increase your cals by 10% a week until weight gain occurs. make sure you are consuming close to 30% of your cals from fats for optimal natural test production. get the rest of your cals from proteins and fats.

everybody gains weight with a high enough caloric excess in the diet. don't skip any meals try to eat regularly, insulin naturally suppresses cortisol which increases when the body is in the fasted state. you want to keep cortisol levels low.

:hmmm:

Did you mean the rest of your cals from protein and carbs...

no you half to gear up to gain jk bro These dudes know what there talking about so eat eat eat every 2 to 3 hours whey protein shakes only before after work out and casien protein before bed with food you will gain i promise your only in the gym 1 to 2 hrs 4 days a week or so 90% is diet thats what alot of people don't understand and just think they need juice it does help but you still have alot to learn about diet

i went from 150lbs to 170 in 3 months eating 8 x a day then when i juiced i got up to 190lbs like i said and everyone else diet eat eat eat

your still young your matab is high still so you have to eat eat till u can eat no more lol no kidding man oatmeal, sweet potatoes, chicken, fish, peanut butter , steak, veggies fruit , beats, pasta, brown rice ,
get some creatine too 5lbs in 1 week there in loading phaze or kre akalyn is even better kind of creatine use both fuck it i do
and your after workout shake and waxy miaze to it its carbs sine you can't eat after working out i can't either but i can hold that down then 1 hr later eat a meal

Last edited:
Weren't any of you listening to this man?!!! It absolutley can't be his weight training, and his diet is so well typed! It's got to be low test levels.
Might as well just buy the biggest cycle your parents can afford and start juicing man. Or, I've got an idea... you're 22 and don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, so maybe you should pay the **** attention to what the people you're asking advice from have to say.
What is it with kids these days?

first of all u dont have to be a dick, and yes i KNOW its not my training i know what the fuck im doing, ive never been much of a nutritionist buddy if ur not gonna help dont comment simple as that cool guy.. thats why im here to take advice but now i know not to take any from u...go back to posting little 8th graders advice on bodybuilding.com :jerkit:

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
test level checked... :roflmao:

Bro do you wake up with a hard on?...

If you do you are fine...

It's your diet... You can't grow without a calorie surplus... Just google clean bulk and read all you can.

if thats the rule of thumb then i should be good :ohyeah:

Diet...

Diet...

Diet...

There is so much info on the correct way to bulk. Not to be a dick, but your diet is shit...

Your last meal is only a shake... My guess is that shake is Whey, you don't want whey before bed...

You need some Casien protein before bed... Get some cottage cheese and eat 2 servings before bed and add your p. butter here...

meal 4... Whatever your parents make? :hmmm:... Bro you need to know what you are eating every meal to know the macros...

You are relying to much on shakes. Shakes will not get you big... You need solid food...

Whey protein is only a must post workout with a high GI carb like dex or malto...

Brown rice
Yams
Wheat bread,tortillas
Beans
Oats

Proteins...

Eggs
Salmon
Tuna
Top sirloin
Eye of round
Cottage cheese

And add healthy fats

Nuts
P. Butter
Extra virgin olive oil

You can gain 1-2lb a week from clean bulking and lifting heavy... Some will be fat, but that's all part of bulking...

really helpful thanks man...good thing ur not like those other guys who rather make fun than to help...smh

Diet...

Diet...

Diet...

Brown rice
Yams
Wheat bread,tortillas
Beans
Oats

Proteins...

Eggs
Salmon
Tuna
Top sirloin
Eye of round
Cottage cheese

And add healthy fats

Nuts
P. Butter
Extra virgin olive oil

Didnt you know bodybuilding is all drugs, tell this little kid to up the dose!

no you half to gear up to gain jk bro These dudes know what there talking about so eat eat eat every 2 to 3 hours whey protein shakes only before after work out and casien protein before bed with food you will gain i promise your only in the gym 1 to 2 hrs 4 days a week or so 90% is diet thats what alot of people don't understand and just think they need juice it does help but you still have alot to learn about diet

i went from 150lbs to 170 in 3 months eating 8 x a day then when i juiced i got up to 190lbs like i said and everyone else diet eat eat eat

your still young your matab is high still so you have to eat eat till u can eat no more lol no kidding man oatmeal, sweet potatoes, chicken, fish, peanut butter , steak, veggies fruit , beats, pasta, brown rice ,
get some creatine too 5lbs in 1 week there in loading phaze or kre akalyn is even better kind of creatine use both fuck it i do
and your after workout shake and waxy miaze to it its carbs sine you can't eat after working out i can't either but i can hold that down then 1 hr later eat a meal

good tips..appreciate it, and yeah i have a fast matab so i should probably rock the food baby all day every day lol

It's really simple man. A gallon of milk a day. Just add that to what ever your eating now. You will gain. I went from 130 to 205 in under 3 years natty that way. I'm little under 5'10. It's all about the food man.

good idea ill definitely incorporate that into my diet

YOU ARE AS BIG AS YOUR DRUG DOSAGES!!!! NOW THATS THE TRUTH LOL!!!! JK :winkfinger: alittle....

thata boy:winkfinger:

I thought some would have said that before I did LMAO!!! Someone had to tell the unspoke of truth to what it takes to be a mutant.:mooh: But hey guys on a serious note, I started at 125lbs at 5"6 in high school and I use to hate being the little guy( but trust I still had the game, swagga, and what it need to get them females jocking the kid LOL ) so I know how you feel by wanting some size. As everyone else has said Diet is key bro, no other way to put it. Yes you need AAS to pass your genetic weight capacity, but food is what gets you there. Here it is in something you may understand ( Not Trying To be A Dick ) only way to be a 200lb man is to eat like a 200lb man, so if you want to be a 225lb man you will have to eat like a 225lb man and so on, do you get it now???

Back