• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

UPDATE: Cruise Ship Victims Mull $14K Compensation Deal

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
YouTube Video

Passengers aboard a cruise ship that ran aground off the coast of Italy say the crew failed to give instructions on how to evacuate and delayed lowering the lifeboats until the ship was listing too heavily. (Jan. 14)

Last edited:
:coffee:

so either they choked or were not properly trained. could have been worst, sometimes the crew abandons the passengers.

Even better part:
Some media reports described confusion during the evacuation process, after an emergency drill scheduled for that night was postponed until the following evening.
So, those crew members may have thought it was just the postponed drill. Something so simply could have saved those few lives.

Pretty sure the cap'n is gonna fry for this. They have released audio of the Italian cost guard yelling at this mofo to get back on board because there were still people on the boat after he got off.

Come join the funfair of carnival cruise lines, where you'll cruise and enjoy yourself with soo many activities and live entertainment, and all the food you'll ever want.

But don't eat too much, cause you'll end up catching a cramp, because you're gonna end up swimming for your life!

That is way too close too the shore, this guy must've been drunk or something...

His excuse was the fact that the rocks weren't on his radar.

IML Gear Cream!
Funny things was i came back from a Cruise in Egypt and saw this.....How the fuck you go 4 mile off on a ship with the top speed of 16mph ? Captain should be imprisoned for life in a 2x2 cell !

That is way too close too the shore, this guy must've been drunk or something...

I heard this morning that those rocks are visible through those shallow waters on google maps, they even have names for 'em. :mooh:

I read that the Captain was on a test and tren cycle, seems he went into a rage and crashed the ship because of a bad workout.

More proof steroids kill.

223927-120117-costa.jpg

Average height of Cruiseship, 230 feet.
Depth of Rocky Ledge below the surface, 65 feet.
Chance to swim off that rich buffet food, Priceless.

:winkfinger:

His excuse was the fact that the rocks weren't on his radar.

All he had to do was look out of the pilothouse windows on the starboard side and see those jagged rocks on the shore. Any sailor knows that if the shore is riddled with rocks like that the sea floor for several hundred yards out is likely to look just like that....

the Captain was waving to a friend on shore when he run a rock, and he and the 2nd in command were one of the first 2 off.....aravadirchi(helpme with this spelling)

All he had to do was look out of the pilothouse windows on the starboard side and see those jagged rocks on the shore. Any sailor knows that if the shore is riddled with rocks like that the sea floor for several hundred yards out is likely to look just like that....
Yea, logic says that.. I was just quoting what he reported as the excuse.

Iv'e been fed up listening to people say, try a cruise you'll love it, you must try a cruise, go on a cruise their great.

Not saying much now are they!

Hell if you are gonna beach on rocks, 300m from the shore ain't bad, but still people died and life rafts not dropping properly, what would have happened middle of night in darkness 50-60 mile from anywhere in artic waters,

Staying on a floating tin restaurant stuffing your face all day is not for me

IML Gear Cream!
A recording of Francesco Schettino, the captain of the Costa Concordia, being ordered by the coastguard to return to the stricken ship Link to this video
De Falco: "This is De Falco speaking from Livorno. Am I speaking with the commander?"
Schettino: "Yes. Good evening, Cmdr De Falco."
De Falco: "Please tell me your name."
Schettino: "I'm Cmdr Schettino, commander."
De Falco: "Schettino? Listen Schettino. There are people trapped on board. Now you go with your boat under the prow on the starboard side. There is a pilot ladder. You will climb that ladder and go on board. You go on board and then you will tell me how many people there are. Is that clear? I'm recording this conversation, Cmdr Schettino ???"
Schettino: "Commander, let me tell you one thing ???"
De Falco: "Speak up! Put your hand in front of the microphone and speak more loudly, is that clear?"
Schettino: "In this moment, the boat is tipping ???"
De Falco: "I understand that, listen, there are people that are coming down the pilot ladder of the prow. You go up that pilot ladder, get on that ship and tell me how many people are still on board. And what they need. Is that clear? You need to tell me if there are children, women or people in need of assistance. And tell me the exact number of each of these categories. Is that clear? Listen Schettino, that you saved yourself from the sea, but I am going to ??? really do something bad to you ??? I am going to make you pay for this. Go on board, (expletive)!"
Schettino: "Commander, please ???"
De Falco: "No, please. You now get up and go on board. They are telling me that on board there are still ???"
Schettino: "I am here with the rescue boats, I am here, I am not going anywhere, I am here ???"
De Falco: "What are you doing, commander?"
Schettino: "I am here to co-ordinate the rescue ???"
De Falco: "What are you co-ordinating there? Go on board! Co-ordinate the rescue from aboard the ship. Are you refusing?"
Schettino: "No, I am not refusing."
De Falco: "Are you refusing to go aboard, commander? Can you tell me the reason why you are not going?"
Schettino: "I am not going because the other lifeboat is stopped."
De Falco: "You go aboard. It is an order. Don't make any more excuses. You have declared 'abandon ship'. Now I am in charge. You go on board! Is that clear? Do you hear me? Go, and call me when you are aboard. My air rescue crew is there."
Schettino: "Where are your rescuers?"
De Falco: "My air rescue is on the prow. Go. There are already bodies, Schettino."
Schettino: "How many bodies are there?"
De Falco: "I don't know. I have heard of one. You are the one who has to tell me how many there are. Christ!"
Schettino: "But do you realise it is dark and here we can't see anything ???"
De Falco: "And so what? You want to go home, Schettino? It is dark and you want to go home? Get on that prow of the boat using the pilot ladder and tell me what can be done, how many people there are and what their needs are. Now!"
Schettino: "??? I am with my second in command."
De Falco: "So both of you go up then ??? You and your second go on board now. Is that clear?"
Schettino: "Commander, I want to go on board, but it is simply that the other boat here ??? there are other rescuers. It has stopped and is waiting ???"
De Falco: "It has been an hour that you have been telling me the same thing. Now, go on board. Go on board! And then tell me immediately how many people there are there."
Schettino: "OK, commander."
De Falco: "Go, immediately!"

He needs to be keelhauled, on a freighter from bow to stern....But first he should be flogged with a fire hose cut into 9 even strips each frayed at the tips...

Cruise Ship Victims Mull $14K Compensation Deal

Cruise Ship Victims Mull $14K Compensation Deal
YouTube Video

How much is it worth to suffer through a terrifying cruise ship grounding? Italian ship operator Costa Crociere put the figure at more than 14-thousand dollars, looking to cut a deal with as many passengers as possible. (Jan. 27)

I have no clue what kind of tort system they use in Italy but I'm sure it's nothing like the US. if you are in an auto accident and almost get hurt and only suffer mental anguish you might get a tiny settlement depending on your representation.

regardless, given the history of passing far to close to that island this incident was inevitable. in 2011 the maps are pretty up to date along with having devices that accurately measure the water depth really no excuse for this in calm seas. it definitely happens on large ships though. I was TAD on an Aegis cruiser in the Navy and had to help change out the pit sword once because the old one was torn off in shallow water.

the crabs are movin in.

Their captains and their ships fucking suck. There have been quite a few Canaveral Cruise disasters lately.

Fuel Removal Under Way on Capsized Italian Ship

YouTube Video

Authorities in Italy say pumping operations have begun to remove some of the 500,000 gallons of fuel aboard the cruise ship that ran aground off Tuscany. (Feb. 12)

Back