• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training Critique (Maximize LBM)

BlueJayMuscle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am looking for critique for this approximate 6-8 week program with the purpose of enhancing Lean Body Mass while playing/practicing Rugby at least twice a week.

Stats:
Weight: 195 (I wanna be >200 solid)
Height: 5'11"
bf%: 9.22% (I wanna be like 7 or 8)
Training seriously for 5+ years
Diet currently consists of about 300g of protein and 4.5k-5.3k calories/day

Day 1:
Bench Press 5x12
Incline Bench Press 3x12
Dumbbell Fly 4x12
Dumbbell Bench Press 3x12
Db Overhead Tricep Ext 3x12
Close-Grip Bench Press 4x12
Clap push ups 3x12

Day 2:
Squat 6x12
Leg press 4x12
Leg Extension 2x25
Stiff-leg Deadlift 3x12
Lying leg curl 3x12
Pull ups 3x15

Day 3:
Deadlift 4x10
Bent-over Row 3x10
T-bar Row 3x10
Barbell Curl 4x12
Seated Inclined Curl 4x12
Superset: Seated DB Shoulder Press w/ Lateral Raises 4x12

Day 4:
Inclined Dumbbell press 4x12
Declined Cable Crossover 3x12
Inclined Dumbbell Fly 3x12
Superset: Db Overhead Tricep Ext w/ Dips 4x12

Day 5:
Leg Extension 4x30
Squat 4x15 (30-45 sec rest between sets)
Lying Leg curl 4x12
Donkey Calf Raise 3x12
Seated Calf Raise 2x20

i would move pull ups to day 3 since in day 3 you are doing back and biceps.
and the shoulder presses with raises to day 4 right after chest and before triceps exercises.
Since you are practicing rugby twice a week i would do squats once a week or if you want to do it twice you don't go heavy the second time, you could do calves twice a week 5-6 sets each time. you don't want to kill your legs with all the lifting and running.
going down with body fat too much will increase your risk of tendon and ligament injury especially in sports like rugby,

Last edited:
Young Bro, you are probably a beast. Man, to be young again.......:winkfinger:

I Like the big calories of the diet. I think you need to cut down on the gym time, I would go three days per week. As well, go heavy with mostly compound moves, one or two isolations per week, go heavy. l'd suggest some rest too, but with rugby that ain't gonna happen often.

Lots of push/pull splits to chose from on the board, with a leg day too.

Good luck......

i would move pull ups to day 3 since in day 3 you are doing back and biceps.
and the shoulder presses with raises to day 4 right after chest and before triceps exercises.
Since you are practicing rugby twice a week i would do squats once a week or if you want to do it twice you don't go heavy the second time, you could do calves twice a week 5-6 sets each time. you don't want to kill your legs with all the lifting and running.
going down with body fat too much will increase your risk of tendon and ligament injury especially in sports like rugby,

In regards to the pull ups on day 3 and shoulders on day 4 i like having a few microtears using calisthenics or light weight going into it the next day. Makes me feel MORE fresh if that makes sense.

ill watch for the too low body fat risk also thanks

Young Bro, you are probably a beast. Man, to be young again.......:winkfinger:

I Like the big calories of the diet. I think you need to cut down on the gym time, I would go three days per week. As well, go heavy with mostly compound moves, one or two isolations per week, go heavy. l'd suggest some rest too, but with rugby that ain't gonna happen often.

Lots of push/pull splits to chose from on the board, with a leg day too.

Good luck......

Yeah it is good to be young haha. If this routine gets to be too much with all of the Rugby training I'm gonna drop to 4 days a week being Sunday/Wednesday upper body and Monday/Thursday lower body. Hopefully I can hold my own though.

Thanks for the feedback keep it comin :coffee:

Back