• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Q & A with IFBB Pro Tracy Bodner (aka IslandGirl)

LATS!

attachment.php

Yeah! lol Love training back! Thanks Prince.

Hi tracy, my girlfriend wanted to ask about your general split & when you do cardio. She is confused on what to follow to achieve a mixture of bikini/figure physique. Are there exercises she should avoid?

Also I say a mixture because she aims towards bikini now but I'm pretty sure once she's got there she'll soon enough want to improve :daydream:

Hi tracy, my girlfriend wanted to ask about your general split & when you do cardio. She is confused on what to follow to achieve a mixture of bikini/figure physique. Are there exercises she should avoid?

Also I say a mixture because she aims towards bikini now but I'm pretty sure once she's got there she'll soon enough want to improve :daydream:

Hi MrKeenan. Thanks for stopping by.

IMO, if her goal is to build muscle, there wouldn't be any exercises I would avoid completely unless it's something that is hurting her or giving her pain. Whether I was training for figure, bodybuilding or physique, I did all the exercises my husband did.

I train many bikini girls and they do everything I do. We all have the same goal which is to build quality muscle.

Are you specifically asking me what my training split is? Right now it is:

Shoulders/Abs
Quads/Hams and Calves
Bicep/Triceps/Abs
Back/Calves

I try to switch my bodyparts up every now and then. Sometimes I'll split legs and do Quads and pair that with a small bodypart and do Hams and pair that with a small bodypart. There is no right or wrong way to do it. What is she currently doing now?

When I do cardio? Not sure if you are specifically asking when I do cardio or in general? For me, right now I am in contest mode and currently my plan has be doing 10 sessions of cardio per week. 5 Am/fasted cardio at 45 mins and 5 Pm cardio, usually after weight training at 30 mins.

I would be more than willing to help her out. Is she a member here?

Hi MrKeenan. Thanks for stopping by.

IMO, if her goal is to build muscle, there wouldn't be any exercises I would avoid completely unless it's something that is hurting her or giving her pain. Whether I was training for figure, bodybuilding or physique, I did all the exercises my husband did.

I train many bikini girls and they do everything I do. We all have the same goal which is to build quality muscle.

Are you specifically asking me what my training split is? Right now it is:

Shoulders/Abs
Quads/Hams and Calves
Bicep/Triceps/Abs
Back/Calves

I try to switch my bodyparts up every now and then. Sometimes I'll split legs and do Quads and pair that with a small bodypart and do Hams and pair that with a small bodypart. There is no right or wrong way to do it. What is she currently doing now?

When I do cardio? Not sure if you are specifically asking when I do cardio or in general? For me, right now I am in contest mode and currently my plan has be doing 10 sessions of cardio per week. 5 Am/fasted cardio at 45 mins and 5 Pm cardio, usually after weight training at 30 mins.

I would be more than willing to help her out. Is she a member here?

Thanks for outlining what you do, I was just asking so she could take a few ideas as I didn't know whether her split would be any different.

Also, I got her to join here yesterday and to write a journal for extra motivation. She has outlined all her diet and her current split as well as a bit more info.. http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/online-journals/155335-ambers-journey-9stone-126lbs.html

Hi Tracy - wondered your thoughts on Physique mandatory posing - I know its not well-defined, but I see a difference between the way many of the girls have chosen to interpret the poses, compared to the existing poses that the international Figure girls do, albeit in heels. Do you think there is anything to draw from the international style vs. what looks like more FBB-style posing? I think a good example is the elbows raised higher on the dbl bi poses.

This is a little esoteric, but I do notice it, as an experienced BB. Did you draw any inspiration from the international forms in your own posing?

I couldn't find any quick examples of what I'm talking about, so I grabbed this pic of a friend of mine who competes in the INBA in Australia:

2qs6kgz.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Tracy,

I'm not trying to get you to divulge any diet secrets you may have (unless you want to share lol) but if you had to pick one thing to always remember or adhere to when running a pre-contest diet, what would it be? I am currently preparing for my first contest in 8 weeks.

Hi Tracy - wondered your thoughts on Physique mandatory posing - I know its not well-defined, but I see a difference between the way many of the girls have chosen to interpret the poses, compared to the existing poses that the international Figure girls do, albeit in heels. Do you think there is anything to draw from the international style vs. what looks like more FBB-style posing? I think a good example is the elbows raised higher on the dbl bi poses.

This is a little esoteric, but I do notice it, as an experienced BB. Did you draw any inspiration from the international forms in your own posing?

I couldn't find any quick examples of what I'm talking about, so I grabbed this pic of a friend of mine who competes in the INBA in Australia:

2qs6kgz.jpg

Hi Sassy.

I actually never ventured out to research other organizations and their interpretations of mandatory poses.

I just tweaked what I already knew of bb'ing poses and added a flair to it or a feminine touch.

Your goal in posing should be to present your physique in the best possible way so my suggestion is to practice different ways, leg positioning, angle of body etc... to flatter your physique.

How is prep/downsizing coming along?

Hey Tracy,

I'm not trying to get you to divulge any diet secrets you may have (unless you want to share lol) but if you had to pick one thing to always remember or adhere to when running a pre-contest diet, what would it be? I am currently preparing for my first contest in 8 weeks.

My one most important 'always remember' when prepping for a show is not a secret, but I cannot stress enough follow your plan and never deviate unless your coach makes the changes. Be true to yourself.

What show are you doing? How do you feel?

Hi Sassy.

I actually never ventured out to research other organizations and their interpretations of mandatory poses.

I just tweaked what I already knew of bb'ing poses and added a flair to it or a feminine touch.

Your goal in posing should be to present your physique in the best possible way so my suggestion is to practice different ways, leg positioning, angle of body etc... to flatter your physique.

How is prep/downsizing coming along?

I personally find nothing more agonizing than watching someone do awkward, contrived or just bad posing. I agree totally, but I find it interesting looking at the different interpretations of what is "good" (or often "feminine") posing, and sometimes the lack of guidance on specific posing can produce really painful execution of some of the mandatories.

Prep will 'officially' start in the next week or two, but I'm getting my regular training & diet routine established this week. Wohoo! Depending on the target I can reasonably hit, I'm somewhere between 18-24 weeks out. This time around, diet / conditioning will be the goal over size. Whole new & different focus.

My one most important 'always remember' when prepping for a show is not a secret, but I cannot stress enough follow your plan and never deviate unless your coach makes the changes. Be true to yourself.

What show are you doing? How do you feel?

It's a small local show, nothing big and pretty entry-level from what I can tell. Perfect for me! I feel great other than the lethargy from running this cyclical low-carb diet. I guess the biggest downside to it is that it sometimes affects my training performance, but it's not all the time. Thanks for the feedback Tracy! YGPM

-TGWT

I personally find nothing more agonizing than watching someone do awkward, contrived or just bad posing. I agree totally, but I find it interesting looking at the different interpretations of what is "good" (or often "feminine") posing, and sometimes the lack of guidance on specific posing can produce really painful execution of some of the mandatories.

Prep will 'officially' start in the next week or two, but I'm getting my regular training & diet routine established this week. Wohoo! Depending on the target I can reasonably hit, I'm somewhere between 18-24 weeks out. This time around, diet / conditioning will be the goal over size. Whole new & different focus.

Oh yes! Practicing your mandotories are such huge part of competing. To execute your poses, hold them long enough for the judges to judge you and to try and make transitions as smooth as you can. I see this all the time. It is very painful and sometimes such a bummer, because you can have such an amazing physique, but if you don't know how to display your physique on stage...that can sometimes be the deciding factor between 1st and 2nd.

Yes, training for physique will be a new ball game for you huh? Are you liking the mindset of it all? A new challenge perhaps? We always love a challenge. I bet you are going to do well! You always pay attention to the details so I believe you are in a great spot right now.

IML Gear Cream!
It's a small local show, nothing big and pretty entry-level from what I can tell. Perfect for me! I feel great other than the lethargy from running this cyclical low-carb diet. I guess the biggest downside to it is that it sometimes affects my training performance, but it's not all the time. Thanks for the feedback Tracy! YGPM

-TGWT

Ahhhh.....I hear ya' about the low carbs. It does suck sometimes. I guess I'm lucky as my carbs don't drop that low, but I do get the strength decrease and that affects the mind. Gotta just remember, it usually comes with the territory.

Have you picked out your music yet for your routine? What about trunks? If you need to pick up a pair, let me know. I know of a great person that makes great trunks.

Ahhhh.....I hear ya' about the low carbs. It does suck sometimes. I guess I'm lucky as my carbs don't drop that low, but I do get the strength decrease and that affects the mind. Gotta just remember, it usually comes with the territory.

Have you picked out your music yet for your routine? What about trunks? If you need to pick up a pair, let me know. I know of a great person that makes great trunks.

No I'm still debating on the music. I don't want it to be too cheesey but I want it to be powerful at the same time. Any suggestions? I guess time would dictate as well. How long do individual routines usually last?

To be honest trunks haven't even crossed my mind. If you could PM me their contact info I would highly appreciate it. Thanks again Tracy.

Ok folks. If you have any questions that involved competition and getting on stage. I am also a NPC Chief Judge and have been one for over 10 years. I'm more than happy to assist in that arena as well.

Hey IslandGirl my first bikini comp is coming up and have a couple questions...What do you do the last week of the show? I don't know weather to keep carb cycling, go way low on carbs and high a day before, or just do low carb and calories the whole week? Also right before you step on stage what is good to eat? I have seen ppl eat candy bars, honey etc to get there veins to pop. I don't know if I should do that, I am afraid it will make me bloated.

Also, when you are judging bikini are the girls suppose to pull there hair out of the way so you can see there back? I see some don't do that and they just stick there butts out. Do you like to see any kind of flexing or is it more of just standing there?
Thank you

No I'm still debating on the music. I don't want it to be too cheesey but I want it to be powerful at the same time. Any suggestions? I guess time would dictate as well. How long do individual routines usually last?

To be honest trunks haven't even crossed my mind. If you could PM me their contact info I would highly appreciate it. Thanks again Tracy.

I would listen to all kinds of music and visualize yourself posing to it. I always can tell when I find the right song. I just feel it in my heart. That may sound cheesey, but it really does just click in your head. I also don't just go on stage and pose. I practice a routine and I perform it.

Length of song all depends on the show. Typical is 60 seconds, but you're going to have to check on the rules for your show.

Here is info to get your suit. Designer is Laura Richards. Tell her you are getting ready for a show and that I referred you. She will help you!

LCRDFM48@AOL.COM

Hey IslandGirl my first bikini comp is coming up and have a couple questions...What do you do the last week of the show? I don't know weather to keep carb cycling, go way low on carbs and high a day before, or just do low carb and calories the whole week? Also right before you step on stage what is good to eat? I have seen ppl eat candy bars, honey etc to get there veins to pop. I don't know if I should do that, I am afraid it will make me bloated.

Also, when you are judging bikini are the girls suppose to pull there hair out of the way so you can see there back? I see some don't do that and they just stick there butts out. Do you like to see any kind of flexing or is it more of just standing there?
Thank you

Last week show prep is all individual. It all depends on how you are looking and what you've been doing all along. A good example is myself. I usually keep everything the same of what I have been doing all 11 weeks. Nothing changes much in my diet. I never cut water out in the end. I just cruise right into my show.

Before 'stage' goodies. Ooooo! My coach tells me to have what I want. What makes me happy. I usually choose 2 things. Dark chocolate raisinets and also lays bbq chips. Those are the 2 things that make me happy and lifts my spirits. You just want to make sure you don't go overboard on the goodies.

For bikini girls, I don't instruct them to move their hair. We're not judging you on your back muscles. And IMO, hair flowing down on your back, looks sexy. No flexing or posing. Just stand there and show off your body and look pretty. Don't forget about hair and make-up. Presentation in huge!

Yes, training for physique will be a new ball game for you huh? Are you liking the mindset of it all? A new challenge perhaps? We always love a challenge. I bet you are going to do well! You always pay attention to the details so I believe you are in a great spot right now.

Hard part is getting back into things & an ongoing problem is lack of "atmosphere" at my gym. There's a handful of guys I see earlier in the night, but I do most of my training on my own, and its getting old. (Waaaah.... LOL!)

Last week show prep is all individual. It all depends on how you are looking and what you've been doing all along. A good example is myself. I usually keep everything the same of what I have been doing all 11 weeks. Nothing changes much in my diet. I never cut water out in the end. I just cruise right into my show.

Before 'stage' goodies. Ooooo! My coach tells me to have what I want. What makes me happy. I usually choose 2 things. Dark chocolate raisinets and also lays bbq chips. Those are the 2 things that make me happy and lifts my spirits. You just want to make sure you don't go overboard on the goodies.

For bikini girls, I don't instruct them to move their hair. We're not judging you on your back muscles. And IMO, hair flowing down on your back, looks sexy. No flexing or posing. Just stand there and show off your body and look pretty. Don't forget about hair and make-up. Presentation in huge!

Oh dang my back is my best feature. Okay thanks for the tips very much appreciated! now I just have to decide what I want for my treat before I step on stage..

Back