• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

We all know what SERMS are, but what about SARMS?

MrSaturatedFat

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
sarmslogo.jpg

http://www.sarmsinfo.com/

Selective androgen receptor modulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chart-sarms.gif

This image is off the site where their sold.

Comparison to testosterone

Currently used androgens for male hormone replacement therapy are typically injectable or skin delivery formulations of testosterone or testosterone esters. Injectable forms of testosterone esters (such as testosterone enanthate, propionate, or cypionate) produce undesirable fluctuations in testosterone blood levels, with overly high levels shortly after injection and overly low afterward. Skin patches do provide a better blood level profile of testosterone, but skin irritation and daily application still limit their usefulness. Oral androgens are not currently used due to concerns about liver toxicity.

SARMs provide the opportunity to design molecules that can be delivered orally, but that selectively target the androgen receptors in different tissues differently. The goal of research in this area is to allow a customized response: Tissues that are the target of the therapy will respond as they would to testosterone; other tissues where undesirable side-effects are produced will not.

None of the SARMs yet developed are truly selective for anabolic effects in muscle or bone tissues without producing any androgenic effects in tissues such as the prostate gland, however several non-steroidal androgens show a ratio of anabolic to androgenic effects of greater than 3:1 and up to as much as 10:1, compared to testosterone, which has a ratio of 1:1.[2][3][4]

This suggests that, while SARMs are likely to show some virilizing effects when used at high doses (e.g., use by bodybuilders), at lower therapeutic doses they may well be effectively selective for anabolic effects, which will be important if SARMs are to have clinical application in the treatment of osteoporosis in women. One substantial advantage of even the first-generation SARMs developed to date is that they are all orally active without causing liver damage, whereas most anabolic steroids are not active orally and must be injected, and those anabolic steroids that are orally active tend to cause dose-dependent liver damage, which can become life-threatening with excessive use. Research is continuing into more potent and selective SARMs, as well as optimising characteristics such as oral bioavailability and increased half-life in vivo, and seeing as the first tissue-selective SARMs were only demonstrated in 2003, the compounds tested so far represent only the first generation of SARMs and future development may produce more selective agents compared to those available at present.[5][6][7]
[edit]Selectivity in men
For example, if the target is bone growth in elderly men with osteopenia or osteoporosis, but with no overt signs of hypogonadism, a SARM targeting bone and muscle tissue but with lesser activity on the prostate or testes would be more desirable.[8]

--Are SARMS are superior to test? It comes in 10mg/ml Oral Liquid. Has anyone ever heard of these?

Last edited:
For most of my friends testosterone destroys acne! I went from having like 40 pimples on the body to like...2 in 3 weeks on test. Skin gets really oily though. And as for virilization...that doesn't sound like an undesirable effect to me! Anyone have first hand experience with these?

I just noticed that on your website this morning! Any idea when it'll be available?

Yep I'm interested as well. Like I said on another board, IML puts out solid products so this one should be damn good.

(No I will mention the name of the board....)

For most of my friends testosterone destroys acne! I went from having like 40 pimples on the body to like...2 in 3 weeks on test. Skin gets really oily though. And as for virilization...that doesn't sound like an undesirable effect to me! Anyone have first hand experience with these?

You and your friends are mutants

These sarms really work? so id be able to have full hpta function and still have results like im on at least 250/wk?

Are SARMS really available now? It sounds like the ultimate form of AAS if it's simply stimulating muscular growth through an oral with no liver toxicity and no androgenicity

IML Gear Cream!

What??? I don't even? That's impossible?

Yea I don't quite understand it either. My face gets really really oily. So much so that I wash it and within minutes it's oily again. In spite of that though, actual pimples just vanish. My buddy just got on cycle 3 weeks ago he's doing test and anadrol and his skin got beyond clear. One thing that does give me acne is clomid though. Nolva doesn't, but a PCT with clomid brings it on bad.

Ok I've done a little more research on SARMs.

From what I'm reading, SARMS could be the new PCT. The numerous logs I've read through online all say about the same thing; SARMs wont give you the raw size and strength that injectable AAS will. But they will keep you highly anabolic, with very little to zero androgenic sides, along with very little to zero liver toxicity.(The shutdown of your HTPA still seems to be inconclusive) Seemingly, being the perfect 'bridge' between heavy AAS cycles. Another plus is there are no shots. Its an oral liquid consumed at approx 1 ml per dose. But of course, there are no long term studies. Someone even compared it to being just as big as the 1952 invention of Dbol, hah.

We will just have to wait and see logs from our own Imag members when the store acquires IronMagLabs Bodybuilding Supplements & Prohormones: Osta Rx

GTx, Inc. Announces Positive Clinical Results and Development Plans for Ostarine

PRNewswire-FirstCall
Sept. 7 05

GTx, The Men's Health Biotech Company, announced today that results from its Phase I clinical trials for ostarine, its second selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), were consistent with anabolic activity without evidence of unwanted androgenic side effects on prostate and skin sebaceous glands. GTx intends to begin a Phase II clinical trial of ostarine for the treatment of muscle wasting associated with burns during the fourth quarter of 2005.

"We are excited with the outcome of our Phase I clinical trials of ostarine. Now that ostarine is poised to enter Phase II clinical trials, it becomes our lead SARM compound," said Mitchell Steiner, MD, chief executive officer of GTx.

"Results from our recently completed multiple-ascending dose clinical trial have allowed us to pick doses of ostarine to advance into Phase II clinical trials. We have also zeroed in on developing ostarine for muscle wasting associated with an acute condition, burns, for which we believe ostarine fills an unmet medical need and which may provide us with an efficient path to market.

We remain excited by other, broader market possibilities for ostarine, such as muscle wasting associated with andropause, and we intend to initiate a second Phase II clinical trial of ostarine for this indication in the first half of 2006."

About Ostarine

Ostarine is a non-steroidal, oral SARM, all rights to which are held by GTx. GTx believes that ostarine has the potential to treat muscle wasting associated with chronic conditions, such as end-stage renal disease, frailty and andropause, as well as muscle wasting associated with acute conditions, such as burns.

Ostarine is the second SARM that GTx has brought from discovery into clinical trials. GTx also discovered andarine, a SARM that GTx and its collaborator, Johnson & Johnson's subsidiary, Ortho Biotech Products L.P., are developing to treat cancer cachexia.

Planned Phase II Clinical Trials for Ostarine

GTx plans to initiate Phase II clinical trials of ostarine first for muscle wasting associated with burns because acute indications have a relatively expeditious and defined clinical development and regulatory pathway. Burn patients are hypermetabolic and lose significant lean body weight, which adversely affects their healing and recovery.

GTx expects to begin its Phase II clinical trial of ostarine for muscle wasting associated with burns in the fourth quarter of 2005. Studies have already established proof-of-concept for the use of anabolic agents in the treatment of burns. Because ostarine has a long half life (24 hours) and provides levels of circulating androgens unattainable with anabolic steroidal agents, GTx believes that this selective, potent, non-steroidal anabolic agent would be an important step forward in the treatment of burn patients.

"We believe that the treatment of burn patients represents an excellent first path for GTx to pursue for ostarine," said Dr. Steiner. "A powerful anabolic agent without unwanted steroidal side effects could help speed the recovery of burn victims. For GTx, the treatment of burn patients offers a relatively expeditious route to market for its lead SARM."

GTx plans to continue clinical development of ostarine for chronic muscle wasting due to low testosterone in aging men (a condition also known as andropause). Between 30 and 60 years of age, men on average gain a pound of fat and lose a half pound of muscle, and muscle loss accelerates after age 60. This loss of muscle mass can lead to frailty and loss of independence. GTx plans to initiate Phase II clinical testing for the treatment of andropause during the first half of 2006.

About Ostarine's Phase I Multiple Ascending Dose Clinical Trial Results

The Phase I multiple-ascending dose clinical trial evaluated the safety, tolerability and specific pharmacodynamic characteristics of ostarine in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study in 48 healthy male volunteers, 18-45 years of age, and 12 elderly males with truncal obesity, who averaged 68 years of age.

Safety and pharmacodynamic measurements were taken at the beginning of the study and after 14 days of daily oral dosing. These measurements included routine blood chemistry and hematology, sex hormones and gonadotropins, serum prostate specific antigen, metabolic markers of bone and muscle, cutaneous sebum analysis and DEXA scanning for body composition.

Ostarine is designed to have anabolic building activity without unwanted androgenic side effects on prostate and skin sebaceous glands. Overall, clinical laboratory values and hormonal effects determined from the study were consistent with anabolic activity. Comparisons of DEXA assessments from the beginning of the study to DEXA assessments after 14 days showed positive changes in body composition, with lean body mass and fat mass in study patients moving in a direction consistent with anabolic activity.

Based on other tests, ostarine did not appear to have unwanted side effects on the prostate or the skin. GTx believes that these observations support the potential ability of ostarine to selectively modulate androgen receptors in a tissue-specific manner.

There were no drug-related serious adverse events related to ostarine in the clinical trial. Doses that were found to be safe in this study were selected to enter Phase II testing later this year.

GTX Inc. Starts Ostarine Mid-Stage Trial

AP
May 15, 2006
Chron.com

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Biotech company GTX Zoek Inc. said Monday it has initiated a mid-stage trial of ostarine Zoek for the treatment of osteoporosis.

Neo-androgeen

The trial will evaluate the drug's safety and its ability to build muscle and promote bone in 120 elderly men and postmenopausal women.

Ostarine, a first-in-class drug, is a selective androgen receptor modulator, or SARM. Zoek In preclinical trials, ostarine distinguished itself from current osteoporosis drugs which only treat bone loss by also increasing muscle.

Mitchell S. Steiner, Zoek chief executive of GTX, said "The clinical data will determine ostarine's novel anabolic effects and tissue selectivity. These data will support further development of ostarine for acute muscle-wasting indications such as cancer, end-stage renal disease, or burn-injury wasting conditions, and for chronic indications such as osteoporosis and age-related frailty."

The company, which has all rights to ostarine, expects to report clinical data in the second half of the year.

GTX develops therapeutics for cancer and serious conditions related to men's health. Shares rose 65 cents, or 7.6 percent, to $9.20 on the Nasdaq.

GTx Announces That Ostarine Achieved Primary Endpoint Of Lean Body Mass And A Secondary Endpoint Of Improved Functional Performance

GTx, Inc.
09 Dec 2006

GTX, the Men's Health Biotech Company, today announced that ostarine, a first-in-class selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), met its primary endpoint in a Phase II proof of concept double blind, randomized, placebo controlled clinical trial in 120 subjects (60 elderly men and 60 postmenopausal women).

Without a prescribed diet or exercise regimen, all subjects treated with ostarine had a dose dependent increase in total lean body mass (muscle), with the 3 mg cohort achieving an increase of 1.3 kg compared to baseline and 1.4 kg compared to placebo (p<0.001) after three months of treatment.

Treatment with ostarine also resulted in a dose dependent improvement in functional performance measured by a stair climb test, with the 3 mg cohort achieving a clinically significant improvement in both speed (p=0.006) and power (p=0.005).

Ostarine continued to demonstrate a favorable safety profile, with no serious adverse events reported. Ostarine also exhibited tissue selectivity with beneficial effects on lean body mass and performance and with no apparent change in measurements for serum PSA (prostate), sebum production (skin and hair), or serum LH (pituitary) compared to placebo.

The Phase II clinical trial evaluated four doses of ostarine (0.1 mg, 0.3 mg, 1 mg, and 3 mg) versus placebo for three months in 60 elderly men (average age 66 years) and 60 postmenopausal women (average age 63 years). The trial was conducted in five clinical sites in the United Kingdom and Germany.

A summary of the topline data is as follows:

-- Among females (n=56), ostarine treatment resulted in a dose dependent increase in LBM with the 3 mg dose having an increase of 1.7 kg compared to baseline and an increase of 1.4 kg compared to placebo (p=0.02).

-- Among males (n=58), treatment with a 1 mg dose of ostarine resulted in a LBM increase of 0.7 kg compared to baseline and an increase of 1.2 kg compared to placebo (p=0.03), and treatment with a 3 mg dose of ostarine resulted in an increase of 1.0 kg compared to baseline and an increase of 1.4 kg compared to placebo (p=0.005).

-- Total tissue percent fat decreased compared to placebo in a dose dependent fashion and achieved statistical significance at the 1 mg dose (p=0.02) and 3 mg dose (p=0.006) of ostarine.

Total fat mass was lower in subjects receiving either the 3 mg or 1 mg ostarine dose, although not at a statistically significant level (p = 0.08 for both doses). For subjects receiving the 3 mg ostarine dose, total fat on average declined 0.6 kg compared to placebo.

The site of fat loss differed among male and female subjects, with males losing fat primarily from the trunk and abdomen, and females losing fat primarily from the thighs and legs.

-- In this short trial, ostarine had no apparent effect on bone mineral density, and bone turnover markers results were mixed. In preclinical in vitro and in vivo models, ostarine demonstrated both anabolic and antiresorptive activity on bone. A longer clinical study is necessary to demonstrate the actual effects of ostarine on bone.

-- Ostarine continued to demonstrate a favorable safety profile, with no serious adverse events reported.

-- At the end of three months, no subject had clinically meaningful levels in liver enzyme tests. However, one female discontinued the study per protocol due to elevated liver enzymes which returned to baseline.

-- Ostarine treatment resulted in a dose dependent decrease in both LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, with the average LDL/HDL ratio for all doses tested remaining in the low cardiovascular risk category.

-- Ostarine treatment resulted in no apparent effect on serum PSA (prostate), sebum production (skin and hair), or serum LH (pituitary).

Are SARMS really available now?

they are via research chem sites, IronMagLabs will be the FIRST legit supplement company to come out with a SARM in capsule form, and like all of our products it will be the real deal! :winkfinger:

I have to say I look foward to trying this stuff out between cycles.

they are via research chem sites, IronMagLabs will be the FIRST legit supplement company to come out with a SARM in capsule form, and like all of our products it will be the real deal! :winkfinger:

I would love to give it a run when it comes out... I await your product eagerly, Prince. Can't wait for a log!

Back