• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Knee pain

Eiserner Hahn

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been having sharp pains in my knees last few months. It's bee. Interfering with my leg days and is pissing me off. Before you ask I squat below parallel. Leg press/ leg extension/curls nor dead lift aggravates it generally only on squat or sometimes when I'm riding my bike. 6'1" tall 240lbs
I've tried additional glucosamine and other joint health supps with no luck. Lowered weight and increased reps on squat allows me to get it done but still leaves pain

Sent from Tebows asshole
using Tapatalk

Try eliminating leg extensions. Those are pretty hard on the knee and squatting may be enough to put it over the edge.

depends on where in the knee you are getting pain. however based on the indicators you've given, seems like an anterior (forward) vector force applied to the joint is giving you pain. Walking upstairs/down stairs provoke it? Does it hurt through the entire range of motion? Is there a "sweet spot" where you get relief during squats? Do you do front squats?
Pain is an indicator of injury/illness. If you tell your doctor, "it hurts when I do this." The first response is always, "ok, so don't do that." So it hurts when you do squats, don't do squats. Sounds stupid? So does causing further injury to yourself. Number one treatment for all musculoskeletal problems starts with rest. Work your quads and posterior chain in ways that aren't painful. Give the knees a chance to heal. Knees are mostly made of what is called innervated but avascular tissues. Meaning they have nerves that will let you know there is pain, but no blood flow to actively promote the healing process. Cartilage and such heals through passive rebuilding and takes WEEKS to heal.
Although, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. I actually saw all of this on an episode of House, or maybe it was Scrubs. I can't remember, I'm so high right now.

depends on where in the knee you are getting pain. however based on the indicators you've given, seems like an anterior (forward) vector force applied to the joint is giving you pain. Walking upstairs/down stairs provoke it? Does it hurt through the entire range of motion? Is there a "sweet spot" where you get relief during squats? Do you do front squats?
Pain is an indicator of injury/illness. If you tell your doctor, "it hurts when I do this." The first response is always, "ok, so don't do that." So it hurts when you do squats, don't do squats. Sounds stupid? So does causing further injury to yourself. Number one treatment for all musculoskeletal problems starts with rest. Work your quads and posterior chain in ways that aren't painful. Give the knees a chance to heal. Knees are mostly made of what is called innervated but avascular tissues. Meaning they have nerves that will let you know there is pain, but no blood flow to actively promote the healing process. Cartilage and such heals through passive rebuilding and takes WEEKS to heal.
Although, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. I actually saw all of this on an episode of House, or maybe it was Scrubs. I can't remember, I'm so high right now.
:roflmao::roflmao:Priceless..

You should start icing at least 3 times a day, look up a rehab routine, the exercises like sitting on the floor with leg extended and doing leg raises, you need to strengthen the other ligaments around the knee

Rehab, stablization, corrective training will all help imformalities in the knee.. Stay away from exercises that set it off..Rehab is how I fixed my ACL/MCL...Trained on pain killers for years and they just made it worse..Rehab brother!:winkfinger:

Back