• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

routine help please

klc9100

HI-Tech Redneck
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i've never asked for routine help before. i'm 43 and stuck in my old-school work-out regiment. i've googled all kinds of work-outs, but i can't find anything i feel good about.

here's the deal: i'm 5'7 / 208lbs / 14%-15% bf. i will be starting a cutting cycle (gear) on 3/1. i will be restricting calories by about 700 a day. i want to totally shock my system by changing my routine too.

i get up early and hit the gym before work. i have about 75 min everyday, mon thru fri. i plan on about 20 min of cardio every day. i do my ab/core work at home at night.

that gives me approx 55 min, 5 days per week, to hit the major muscle groups. the only thing i'm somewhat limited on is leg work. i blew my right knee up (acl) playing highschool football and then tore my mcl and miniscus up in the same knee about 9 yrs later just being stupid. it's still weak and limits me.

if any of you gurus have time to help a brother out, i'm willing to consider about anything.

thanks in advance. i know a bunch of yall are great at this sort of thing.

Simplicity is the best brother. I would suggest something like this
Monday: Bench + Biceps
Tuesday: Back
Wed: Rest + cardio
Thursday: Shoulders + Triceps
Friday: Legs

Throw in cardio wherever, after weights of course.

If you want to go into more detail let me know.

Wed: Rest + cardio
Thursday: Shoulders + Triceps
Friday: Legs

Throw in cardio wherever, after weights of course.

If you want to go into more detail let me know.

thanks bro. hell yeah, give me all the details you're willing to. i want to completely change everything i've been doing.

Alright, but you gotta put some foot work in too bro
first take a look at my log its in my signature. Let me know a few of the workouts that you would be interested in and we will put together a plan for you around those workouts.

Biceps & Back

Training the biceps on Monday and the back on Tuesday, doesn't make sense.

The biceps are the weakest link on back day. Thus, pre-exhausting them on Monday before back day on Tuesday is senseless.

Better to perform them on the same day.

Kenny Croxdale

i would swap biceps and triceps days for reasons kenny mentioned. like i do triceps with chest instead of biceps.

I disagree partly
Triceps should not be worked same day as chest
Several reasons
Chiefly :
Your triceps get fatigued when doing bench... You will be able to do less weight and less reps after doing s chest routine. So let them heal then isolate them a few days later and work them properly. This way your triceps essentially get worked twice a week
But to move maximum weight its best to not work them when they are fatigued

Will discuss more if needed when I'm home
Typing on my phone is rough

I'm running a Max-ot style of training b/c im restricted as far as time in the gym, but this is what i run
One way to setup the 5 day split could be as follows:
Monday – Legs
Tuesday – Shoulders and traps
Wednesday – Arms and abs
Thursday – Rest day
Friday – Back
Saturday – Chest
Sunday – Rest day

I disagree partly
Several reasons
Chiefly :
Your triceps get fatigued when doing bench... You will be able to do less weight and less reps after doing s chest routine. So let them heal then isolate them a few days later and work them properly. This way your triceps essentially get worked twice a week
i have no problem with that you can do chest triceps together then add few isolated sets only for triceps and get them some rest in the next few days OR
if you do them another day than chest you will be doing them twice which is ok with me but you need 3 days in between like you mentioned. However what i don't like in your routine is the back right after biceps. doing biceps one day and then the next day back is not a good idea

IML Gear Cream!
I disagree partly
Several reasons
Chiefly :

i've always done it this way too. same concept as back/biceps. i don't like doing them on the same day.

If you dislike doing the Chest + Bicep combo then I would recommend the following:
Do biceps on back day. Hopefully you like doing weighted pullups or chinups or whatever you want to call them :) DO them with palms facing you

This will work your biceps, back, and lats. Then do the rest of your back and polish it up with some bicep isolation exercises.

try myo reps, its a pretty cool system and cuts down gym time quite a lot, science behind it is pretty solid, i've had very good success with it anyway!

myo-reps explained

M Back/Tris
T-Shoulders/Legs
Th-Chest/Biceps
S-Squat, Deads, pushups

That's my current routine. I do 2 miles on the elliptical or treadmill at least 3 days a week. Currently trying to cut. Started at 215, now 206 1/2 on my way to 190lbs.

Back