• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Body Fat % Pics??

200+

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So what body fat % do most of you guys run at when bulking? And what does 10% 15% 20% look like? I have never been concerned about my body fat until I turned 30-something and started to eat a lot more. Right not I'm on a bulk and my body fat is increasing and it's starting to bother me. I have been monitoring my diet but it seems low at 3000 to 3500 cals a day. I want to cut back, but don't want to lose gains. So, what's a good % for a bulk run. I suppose there are a lot of factors involved... :coffee:

I would never go over 15% to hard to come back once you have gone to high

I bet anyone in here who says anything about bf, has no real clue what 15% looks like. I would guess I am 15-16% in my avatar.

I bet anyone in here who says anything about bf, has no real clue what 15% looks like. I would guess I am 15-16% in my avatar.

Bro I think your less than 16% bf. If you check out my pic Im 16%bf. You def have me beat.

Below 10%: Visible abs, striations, vasculatity, grainy appearance
@ 10%: Visible abs, some striations.
Above 15%: usually no visible abs.
above 20%: obliques flare out past your hips.
above 25%: You may not be able to see your penis
above 30%: no sign of penis or feet, struggles to breathe
above 35%: owns a power scooter, eats at golden corral, owns flannels

I was in the same boat, wasn't sure how far to go or how much fat was ok. In the end, I decided that as long as I can still see a 4-pack in the right light, I'm good. Right now I'm just maintaining, and starting in April I'll be dieting back down and hopefully be in single digit fat percentage for July.

x2

Almost all of the time people are way off when they say what their bodyfat is, and very few of them even bother to test it...they just bro science it with a random guess.

15% is very fit, especially for guys over 35.

10% is ripped.

8% is sliced, less then 1% of the members here will ever get this low.

5% is world class shredded

3% or less is a lie, it is also dead.

Where you at?
x2

Almost all of the time people are way off when they say what their bodyfat is, and very few of them even bother to test it...they just bro science it with a random guess.

15% is very fit, especially for guys over 35.

10% is ripped.

8% is sliced, less then 1% of the members here will ever get this low.

5% is world class shredded

3% or less is a lie, it is also dead.

IML Gear Cream!
On celebrity apprentice Lou Ferrigno (who looks way better than Arnold nowadays, even tho I'm an Arnold fan) said he was 320 lbs. 2% bodyfat in the 70's.

I was surprised that either:
A. it is possible to have 2% bodyfat
B. he doesn't know what hes talking about

I believe in my avi I am 15-16%, but I have a digital bodyfat scale that probably isn't accurate at all.

Where you at?
Not sure, my gym does not even have the equipment to test body fat.

I am probably around 17% my goal is to be no more then 15% in the winter, and try to get around 12% for summer.

My bf never gets above 12-15% no matter how hard I try. But my gut gets distended the heavier I get.

I'll take a crack at a Los response.
" when I lean out I'm at about 4% wifey says I look really sexy and she wants to slap my pony! Off season I sit around 25-35% but I'm the second strongest man alive."
Lol had to I'm sorry:coffee:
No cue KOS response followed by bigbenji nipping away.

I refreshed a bunch of old pics from another thread on a different forum a while ago...

In the book "SLICED" (by Bill Reynolds & Negrita Jayde), the states of muscularity are objectified as follows (I'll summarize each):

1. Full house = Over or near 20% bodyfat with no visible muscle definition and only a hint of separation between major muscle groups if those groups are very large. Basically a person in this state could be confused for a football linebacker. If you're higher than this bodyfat percentage, you'd be considered overweight/obese.

Here are some examples of the Full House state:

Tankus:
joseph029.jpg

CrazyMike:
dscf0333.jpg

2. Hard = Some muscle separation appears between delts and upper arm. Abs are still not visible. Approximately 15% bodyfat.

Here's a picture of Railz in the Hard state:
4a.jpg

3. Cut = More muscle separation appears particularly in the chest and back, outline of the abs begins to appear slightly. Approximate bodyfat level = 12%

Here's are 2 examples of Abdominator in the Cut state:
skip-0803-fdb.jpg

skip-0803-rlx.jpg

4. Defined = Muscle separations get deeper in the arms, chest, legs and back, and abs appear when flexed. Approx. bodyfat level = 10%

Here's an example of Abdominator in the Defined state:
skip-110203-rlx-serious3.jpg

5. Ripped = Abs are clearly visible all the time, vascularity in arms is prominent, chest and back separation is obvious, and face is starting to appear more angular. Condition can be held indefinitely. Approximate bodyfat level = 7-9%

Here are some examples of the Ripped state:

Railz:
railz-511-mms.jpg

Abdominator:
skip_110203_st.jpg

6. Shredded = Striations appear in large muscle groups when they are flexed. You look small in clothes, but look fantastic when you're not. Vascularity appears in lower abdomen and in the legs. Condition can be held for several days with careful dieting. Competitive bodybuilders often aim for this state for competition day. Approximate bodyfat level = 5-7%

Here are some example of the Shredded state:

ShaneG85:
mostmuscular1.jpg

Freaker:
frontdoublebi.jpg

Abdominator:
skip-backstage-mm.jpg

7. Sliced = Muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. Bodyfat levels are close to 3% and subcutaneous water levels are near 0. Condition can only be held for a few hours at a time. Not a healthy condition to stay in due to lower water level.

Here's an example of someone in the Sliced state:
very-vascular-bb.jpg

Anywho, perhaps you can use this guide to determine how far you're progressing. If/when you decide to cut, make sure you give yourself 12-16 weeks to do it. It won't happen overnight, but the results can be striking when you get into the final 2-3 weeks.

^Is Shane 16 and Huge? I mean I am kind of scared of that kid. Please don't tell me he plays football. That's not even fair. Creatine my ass LOL. Not literally obviously

Well going by the guide im at number 3 atm, my goal is to get to 4 and maintain that.

Awesome pics Ezskanken! That is what I was looking for. I am around 15% then...
That 3% is crazy.

IML Gear Cream!
Ezskanken the very last pic "sliced" is withouth a doubt one of the ugliest physiques I have ever witnessed!!!

I honestly don't know how old these pictures are. I had to hunt them down one by one as older threads the pics were deleted/lost due to how old it was.

Maybe we can make a BF% picture chart with current IML members :thinking:

This pic is of me 233lbs at 16% bf. Cutting right now and its tough. Stay as low as possible bro especially if you plan on competing. Its just a good habit to get into. Some guys over eat when they dont have to.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...jmphone083.jpg

You look great bro. You look around 13 14% in that pic. 16% do you hold more weight on different parts of your body? You look great upper body,

Great description with pics. Seriously about that last pic, poor guy was screwed from the beginning.

WoW thats some awesome looks. Very low body fat look i would only go there if i competed. 12% probley would be my area i would like to get in one day.

You look great bro. You look around 13 14% in that pic. 16% do you hold more weight on different parts of your body? You look great upper body,
:hmmm:

He looks closer to 18%

If he really is 16% he is holding gallons of water.

Back