• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lame Bench Press/Shoulders

klp727

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been working out for 10 years. Over the last few I have not been able to up my bench press or any exercises involving shoulders. What can I do to increase both? I work out with weights 4 days a week.

Chest - Incline 4X10 -12, Flat , 4X10 Decline, 4x10, Flyes, 3X10
Shoulders, Military Press, 4X8-10, Shrugs, 4X6-8, Rows 4X10

how often (if at all) do u switch up your workouts?

You could have muscle imbalance in your shoulders. You have to train each head, anterior, lateral, and posterior, as well as the rotator cuff. If one head is weak, it causes your whole shoulder to suffer and could lead to injuries.

Originally posted by klp727
Chest - Incline 4X10 -12, Flat , 4X10 Decline, 4x10, Flyes, 3X10
Shoulders, Military Press, 4X8-10, Shrugs, 4X6-8, Rows 4X10

First of all how often do you do this work-out? Once per week?

Secondly, do you do flat, incline & decline every work-out?

Thirdly, are these 15 sets 'working sets'? or do they include warm-ups?

Lastly, do you always stay in the 10-12 rep range?

IML Gear Cream!
yes, i do this once per week, and all three angles of benches for each workout. the 15 sets do include warm up sets. sometimes, when going heavy i'll go down to 4 reps... problem is i can never "get used" to the increased weight.. i get stuck at 4 reps forever....

okay, on your chest day, drop the inclines and flyes.

after your warm-up do 5-6 'working sets' using enough weight that you hit failure between 4-6 reps.

do not pyramid, stop the work-out after your working sets.

If you want to gain size/strength you need to use heavy weight, otherwise your muscles have no reason to grow, they need to be overloaded.

keep the work-out simple, use no more than 2 'compound' exercises (bench press, not flyes).

Now how about diet? What are you eating? How many times per day? How much protein are you consuming? How many calories?
No matter how much or well you train if your nutrition is inadequate/poor you will not gain size and strength.

try and eat every 3 -4 hours or so. supplementing with several protein shakes, and at least one weight gainer shake right after my workout. seems as if i'm gaining a little weight around my waist as well though.

Back