• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

We have a cure for DOMS!

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Heart disease drug reduces racial prejudice: Study
Heart disease drug reduces racial prejudice: Study | Impact Lab
Propranolol

The common heart disease drug, Propranolol, may have the unusual side-effect of combating racism, a new study suggests.

Volunteers given the beta-blocker, used to lower heart rates, scored lower on a standard psychological test of ???implicit??? racist attitudes.

They appeared to be less racially prejudiced at a subconscious level than another group treated with a ???dummy??? placebo pill.

Scientists believe the discovery can be explained by the fact that racism is fundamentally founded on fear.

Propranolol acts both on nerve circuits that govern automatic functions such as heart rate, and the part of the brain involved in fear and emotional responses. The drug is also used to treat anxiety and panic.

Experimental psychologist Dr Sylvia Terbeck, from Oxford University, who led the study published in the journal Psychopharmacology, said: ???We wanted to study the neurobiology of prejudice.

???Our results offer new evidence about the processes in the brain that shape implicit racial bias.

???Implicit racial bias can occur even in people with a sincere belief in equality. Given the key role that such implicit attitudes appear to play in discrimination against other ethnic groups, and the widespread use of propranolol for medical purposes, our findings are also of considerable ethical interest.???

Two groups of 18 white participants took part in the study. Each volunteer was asked to undertake a ???racial Implicit Association Test??? (IAT) one to two hours after taking propranolol or the placebo.

The test involved 140 mini trials where they categorised positive and negative words such as ???sunshine??? or ???sad???, and pictures of black and white individuals, on a computer screen.

Differences in the time taken to carry out the tasks provided the basis of the result.

The researchers found it took the placebo volunteers longer to associate a black face with a positive word than it took to link a white face with a positive word.

This was taken as proof they were biased towards being racist at a subconscious level.

However, the time lag disappeared in the group who had taken the beta-blocker.

Professor Terbeck told Mail Online: ???We think this test reveals what a person feels. It looks at the automatic emotional attitude.

???We found those who took the placebo had a negative racial emotional bias.???

Another test showed propranolol had no effect on ???explicit??? racial prejudice ??? which was what volunteers ???truly thought???

Volunteers were asked about their warmth of feeling towards various races and religions on a scale of one to 10, this did not significantly alter between the two groups.

The scientists wrote: ???The main finding of our study is that propranolol significantly reduced implicit but not explicit racial bias.???

Professor Terbeck said the study did not reveal what the origins of implicit racism were.

???It???s a very complex attitude so we can???t really speculate on whether a primitive fear of the unfamiliar is involved or the role of upbringing and society on a person???s subconscious,??? she said.

However, the researchers believe the study it raises important ethical and philosophical questions.

Co-author Professor Julian Savulescu, from Oxford University???s Faculty of Philosophy, said: ???Such research raises the tantalising possibility that our unconscious racial attitudes could be modulated using drugs, a possibility that requires careful ethical analysis.

???Biological research aiming to make people morally better has a dark history. And propranolol is not a pill to cure racism. But given that many people are already using drugs like propranolol which have ???moral??? side effects, we at least need to better understand what these effects are.???

But Dr Chris Chambers, from the University of Cardiff???s School of Psychology, said the results should be viewed with ???extreme caution???.

He said: ???We don???t know whether the drug influenced racial attitudes only or whether it altered implicit brain systems more generally.

???And we can???t rule out the possibility that the effects were due to the drug incidentally reducing heart rate. So although interesting, in my view these preliminary results are a long way from suggesting that propranolol specifically influences racial attitudes.???

Propranolol.jpg

Well if you take enough of it, your BP will bottom out so you won't even be able to think.

Either that or the side effects will make you feel like utter crap and you won't give a damn to begin with.

Holy shit. Could it be? Pretty soon they will find a substance that will increase racisim. Wait, we have alcohol already.

We also have two eyes. That's enough for me.

IML Gear Cream!
You guys are some really funny racists!

It's called reality.

it's called watching/following news sources that feed you the propaganda that suits your personal bias. poverty, mental health and crime are all interrelated.

it's called watching/following news sources that feed you the propaganda that suits your personal bias. poverty, mental health and crime are all interrelated.
I read from numerous news sources from multiple countries. I've also studied extensively on the subject. Not to mention all the anecdotal evidence.

:winkfinger:

I read from numerous news sources from multiple countries. I've also studied extensively on the subject. Not to mention all the anecdotal evidence.

then how do you explain your bias as there is no evidence anywhere that shows race as a factor in crime yet you believe this to be true.

and when you factor in the implications of economic policy such as the low rate of unionization in the US. which has the greatest negative impact on workers in the lowest income quintile in the low wage states which coincidentally have the highest populations of blacks in the US.

the same "right to work for less" wage legislation that was written by ALEC, the same people that write the legislation that gets US for profit prisons filled to capacity with non-violent offenders.

how's it feel to get played like a fiddle DOM's?

Last edited:
then how do you explain your bias as there is no evidence anywhere that shows race as a factor in crime yet you believe this to be true.

No evidence? The facts are abundant. The crime statistics show it. Crime by race shows it. Crime by country where the majority is a given race shows it. I have linked to fact upon fact up on fact. The basic statistic that blacks and Latinos comprise 28% of the nation's population but are accountable for 65% of all crime screams it.

and when you factor in the implications of economic policy such as the low rate of unionization in the US. which has the greatest negative impact on workers in the lowest income quintile in the low wage states which coincidentally have the highest populations of blacks in the US.

So the lack of unions accounts for the enormous disparity of crime by race? Really?

how's it feel to get played like a fiddle DOM's?

Understanding the facts and deciding my beliefs and outlook on it means that I've been played? Do you hate the facts so much you need to delve into such nonsense?

i for one would personally keep DOMS the way he is. im sure his BP is just fine because he exercises. I've met the guy. he is one of my favorite people here on IM. right along with Mino, LW, and Kelju

IML Gear Cream!
No evidence? The facts are abundant. The crime statistics show it. Crime by race shows it. Crime by country where the majority is a given race shows it. I have linked to fact upon fact up on fact. The basic statistic that blacks and Latinos comprise 28% of the nation's population but are accountable for 65% of all crime screams it.

So the lack of unions accounts for the enormous disparity of crime by race? Really?

Understanding the facts and deciding my beliefs and outlook on it means that I've been played? Do you hate the facts so much you need to delve into such nonsense?

How do you explain the areas where there are very few blacks or mexicans and still a whole lot of crime like where my mom lives in Missourri the crystal meth capitol of the US? Is it maybe because a lot if those people are poor white trash? Is there maybe a link between minorities being mostly poor also? Nah it has to be genetics, that's it!

How do you explain the areas where there are very few blacks or mexicans and still a whole lot of crime like where my mom lives in Missourri the crystal meth capitol of the US? Is it maybe because a lot if those people are poor white trash? Is there maybe a link between minorities being mostly poor also? Nah it has to be genetics, that's it!
Even among specific fiscal strata, the percentage of crime is still not proportional.

But do keep trying...

Heart disease isn't robbing liquor stores, putting graffiti all over everything, and generally fucking the country up.

I'll go with the uzi.
:coffee:
black-cat-gif.gif

Doms owns a another thread, why am I not surprised?

Oh Doms doesn't need any curing:thinking:

It prolly has a lot to do also with the disintegration of black families and the fact that about 70% of black kids are born to unwed mothers. Much of this can be attributed to the giant welfare state that has been created since the civil rights movement of the 1960s. In poor minority communities, the family has basically been replaced by govt handouts. It basically discourages young (colored) women from getting married and their kids grow up in surrounded by generations of people who've never worked and their choice, as they see it, is either a lifestyle of dependency of criminality. I don't see how more labor unions is going to help people who have no work skills or work ethic, nor any role models to emulate other than gangbangers.

racial-profiling-starts-early.jpg

take any bunch of young guys, any race, late teens to early 20s, give them no money, nothing to do, nowhere to go
sooner of later they will get into shit!
give young guys some hope, a way to move forward, not many will sit around on their asses, there isnt that many people in the world who DONT WANT a better life

But there is alot who just gave up! Not many people in this world who cant be stood up and put on the right track!

I don't see how more labor unions is going to help people who have no work skills or work ethic, nor any role models to emulate other than gangbangers.

Texas became a right to work state in 1993 since then their violent crime rate has been cut almost in half. That exceeds the national rate of decrease.

It prolly has a lot to do also with the disintegration of black families and the fact that about 70% of black kids are born to unwed mothers.

A widely held theory is that the legalization of abortion is what caused the sharp reduction in crime since the 70's. It makes sense that removing incentives to pop out babies would further reduce the crime rate.

A widely held theory is that the legalization of abortion is what caused the sharp reduction in crime since the 70's.

Werd. When applied in the right areas, abortion can provide some benefits for society. Perhaps that's why Obama and the dems in general are so pro-abortion. After all, the dems historically have been the more racist of the two parties. They've just learned to use the race card successfully for political gain.

like-i-give-a-fuck-1305831608-3448.gif

Back