• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Indiana Governor Signs Bill Allowing Citizens To Use Deadly Force Against Police

LAM

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Republican Governor Mitch Daniels has signed
Senate Enrolled Act 1 into law in Indiana. The new
law allows citizens to use deadly force against
police officers they think are illegally entering their
homes. Earlier this month, Addicting Info reported
that the bill had passed the Senate. Republicans
say the bill is designed to keep police safe, but
Democrats say the bill will lead to the wanton killing
of police officers.
Rep. Craig Fry, a Democrat, says the bill ???is going
to cause people to die and it???s too late after
somebody dies for a jury to sort it out. Somebody???s
going to die, whether it???s a police officer or an
individual who thinks a police officer is entering their home unlawfully. People are going to die.???
Fry???s colleague, Democratic Rep. Linda Lawson, a former police captain, says the bill would create
an ???open season on law enforcement,??? and it is opposed by ???1,250 state police officers and 14,000
men and women in blue, brown and green.???
The new law reverses a state Supreme Court ruling that homeowners do not have the right to use
force against law enforcement officials who they believe are illegally entering their homes.
According to the Evansville Courier Press, an Evansville resident fought a police officer who
followed him into his house during a domestic dispute call. ???The state Supreme Court found that
officers sometimes enter homes without warrants for reasons protected by the law, such as
pursuing suspects or preventing the destruction of evidence. In these situations, we find it unwise to
allow a homeowner to adjudge the legality of police conduct in the heat of the moment,??? the court
said. ???As we decline to recognize a right to resist unlawful police entry into a home, we decline to
recognize a right to batter a police officer as a part of that resistance.???
While announcing his decision to sign the bill into law, Governor Daniels tried to claim that the law
doesn???t declare an open season on police officers.
???Today is an important day to say: Indiana???s outstanding law enforcement officers put their lives on
the line every day to protect all Hoosiers. The right thing to do is cooperate with them in every way
possible. This law is not an invitation to use violence or force against law enforcement officers. In
fact, it restricts when an individual can use force, specifically deadly force, on an officer, so don???t try
anything. Chances are overwhelming you will be breaking the law and wind up in far worse trouble
as a result.???
But Governor Daniels is merely attempting to put political spin on a bad bill. Indeed, Daniels admits
that he nearly vetoed it precisely because the bill could be grossly misinterpreted and could lead to
killings of police and citizens. This law is basically a loophole for citizens to kill police officers and
claim self-defense. There are many people out there who think no police officers have the right to
enter homes or property, even if there is a warrant.
As the state Supreme Court said, sometimes police officers have to enter homes to prevent the
destruction of evidence or to prevent someone from grabbing a weapon in their home to use
against police or someone else. Sometimes police must pursue suspects in their homes. But this
bill reverses that ruling and gives those suspects the legal authority to slay police officers. It???s the
equivalent of Florida???s ???Stand Your Ground??? law that led to the killing of Trayvon Martin. In that
incident, George Zimmerman believed he had the legal right to gun down a kid for walking through
the neighborhood simply for being a young African American male strolling around the community at
night. Zimmerman, believing the innocent boy to be a threat, followed him and then shot him to
death. Because of the Florida law, Zimmerman remains a free man because he can claim selfdefense.
This Indiana law will allow people to do the same thing to police officers on their property
and in their homes. It makes the already dangerous job of law enforcement even more dangerous
and will ultimately lead to the legal murder of police officers who are just trying to do their job.

Indiana Governor Signs Bill Allowing Citizens To Use Deadly Force Against Police Officers Into Law | Addicting Info

Typical. Our Government taking a good idea way too far and making it awful. There are some bad cops out there for sure. Law that gives the right to a citizen to present evidence of a law enforcement officer's prior misconduct, unlawful and threatening entrance into your home, or threatening acts toward you, forcing you to protect yourself may have been worked into something positive though.

As I read about this bill though it is way way too much. Shooting cops is 99.9999% of the time unlawful.

In the rare case that you really were forced to defend yourself, you should have the right to show why you believed the officer was wrong. In many states you do not normally have this right. It takes pre-trial hearings, good attorneys and some luck to get the judge to allow you to even bring in the officers records about complaints.

Typical government BS once again.

ok, so they are executing a warrant, 1326 they are supposed to raid, i live at 1236, i can waste all the cops and get away with it
smart law lmao

You guys are grossly misinterpreting this bill. It is simply designed to reverse the court case mentioned in the article. That's exactly how our democracy works---the courts make a ruling, if the people don't like it, then they can pass a law. Nowhere does this bill create open hunting season on police officers. Give me a break.

ok, so they are executing a warrant, 1326 they are supposed to raid, i live at 1236, i can waste all the cops and get away with it
smart law lmao

Yeah, that's exactly what the law says. Did you even read it? Ignorant.

smart law lmao

If they are executing a warrant then they are legally entering the home, even if the paper says a different address they are going to announce they have a warrant, but technically if the warrant says one address and they busy into the wrong house and get shot this bill would make it legal for the homeowner to do so. A bill like this could probably help keep accidents like that from happening, because they'll be sure to double check every detail.

Think about it, if you are a law abiding citizen, you don't expect a team of LEO's to bust into your home, so if they do make a mistake and you, out of fear, blast a cop, you won't be a criminal because of their mistake...

You guys are grossly misinterpreting this bill. It is simply designed to reverse the court case mentioned in the article. That's exactly how our democracy works---the courts make a ruling, if the people don't like it, then they can pass a law. Nowhere does this bill create open hunting season on police officers. Give me a break.

Quit making sense. It's less fun.

I remember one night when I was 12 the cops were staging to run a warrant on a house down the street from mine at 11pm. I was laying in bed when I heard something outside of my window, i opened the shutters and saw a man in black with a helmet, mask and rifle with his back to me, luckily earlier that week we had seem a dry cleaners truck parked illegally the whole week right in front of my house, I told my friends I bet they're cops staking out someones house, my other friend thought it was a perv waiting to kidnap one of us kids, so being 10-12 yo kids we walked up and knocked on the window and a mustached guy, in a shirt and tie opens the back door and who smelled like shit flashes his badge and tells us exactly which house they are watching and that the guys who live there are coke dealers. So when I saw this man in black with a gun I wasn't shocked, then I saw the SWAT on his back...

It's a a good law, we are becoming a police state and a badge does not mean they can take away the right of self defense.

SWAT team fired 71 shots in raid

Arizona Police Under Scrutiny After Opening Fire On And Killing Marine In His Home | Fox News

A off duty cop having road rage pulls his gun on a family and gets shot. Man spends thousands for defending his family.
Grand jury indicts man who shot undercover cop | StarTribune.com
Twin Cities Carry Forum Archive • View topic - Posted: 911 transcripts of Martin Treptow shooting incident

Yeah, that's exactly what the law says. Did you even read it? Ignorant.

what i read is if they are not legally in ur house, u can shoot them

raiding the wrong house might be an accident, BUT, its still the wrong house and they legally have no right to be there, having said that, if someone over reacted and shot a few, this new law gives lawyers an angle,
law is precedents, one asshole will use this and get away with it, then .............

IML Gear Cream!
It's a a good law, we are becoming a police state and a badge does not mean they can take away the right of self defense.

SWAT team fired 71 shots in raid

Arizona Police Under Scrutiny After Opening Fire On And Killing Marine In His Home | Fox News

A off duty cop having road rage pulls his gun on a family and gets shot. Man spends thousands for defending his family.
Grand jury indicts man who shot undercover cop | StarTribune.com
Twin Cities Carry Forum Archive • View topic - Posted: 911 transcripts of Martin Treptow shooting incident

You forgot the Maryland Mayor who police traced a package if devil weed being delivered to and waited for him to except the delivery, then busted into his house shooting his 2 labradors excessively, one in the back while it was running away. Turned out the weed was part of a trafficking scheme where the perps would send the package to unsuspecting homes with a no signature needed and wait for the delivery driver to leave and then grab it off of the porch.

This could happen to any of us. We are victims in a senseless war on drugs that no one is going to win, yet both sides continue to murder innocent victims all the time...

everything has been done to create a more violent society in the US, we are constantly regressing.

only a small percentage of the population would ever draw down on LE and fire upon them. the legislation is a ruse to make people think less about the rise of the police state as if they have been empowered in some meaningful way.

This is an awesome step forward. Hopefully it will make cops think harder about no-knock raids. Hell, they may even check twice to make sure they at least have the correct address.

what i read is if they are not legally in ur house, u can shoot them

raiding the wrong house might be an accident, BUT, its still the wrong house and they legally have no right to be there, having said that, if someone over reacted and shot a few, this new law gives lawyers an angle,
law is precedents, one asshole will use this and get away with it, then .............

Did you read the law itself? Yes or no?

everything has been done to create a more violent society in the US, we are constantly regressing.

^ Not This. We are at about a 45 year low in homicide rate and 40 year low in total violent crime rate. Both peaked around 1991 and have pretty steadily decreased since then to about half of what they were.

If they are executing a warrant then they are legally entering the home, even if the paper says a different address they are going to announce they have a warrant, but technically if the warrant says one address and they busy into the wrong house and get shot this bill would make it legal for the homeowner to do so. A bill like this could probably help keep accidents like that from happening, because they'll be sure to double check every detail.

Think about it, if you are a law abiding citizen, you don't expect a team of LEO's to bust into your home, so if they do make a mistake and you, out of fear, blast a cop, you won't be a criminal because of their mistake...

Actually, most warrants are served under a "No Knock" Clause. This prevents destrution of evidence and the possible escape of suspects. AUTHORITY OF FEDERAL JUDGES AND MAGISTRATES TO ISSUE "NO-KNOCK" WARRANTS

I don't see where this law is necessary. If a rogue cop tries to berak into my home to rob or harm me, i'd use deadly force anyway and would most likely be able to make my case in court. Otherwise, if a cop (even an incompetent one), in the process of carrying out his job, mistakenly/unlawfully insists on searching my home, but isn't trying to harm me, why would deadly force be warranted, much less legal? Why use deadly force on a cop just for being incompetent?

I don't see where this law is necessary. If a rogue cop tries to berak into my home to rob or harm me, i'd use deadly force anyway and would most likely be able to make my case in court. Otherwise, if a cop (even an incompetent one), in the process of carrying out his job, mistakenly/unlawfully insists on searching my home, but isn't trying to harm me, why would deadly force be warranted, much less legal? Why use deadly force on a cop just for being incompetent?

of course not, it's not going to have any effect at all one way or the other. the vast majority of no-knock warrants are used by various drug task force agency's, units, etc.

the US fake war on drugs is nothing more than a ruse to constantly increase LE budgets justified by bogus crime stats of high conviction rates of low level dealers at the street level, the easiest fish to catch.

adding to the rise of the police state with "facts" that show the system is working. convictions are high and the prisons are overcrowded.

since '98 the fake war on drugs has cost us tax payers almost 3T USD and who has profited?

the largest banks in the US that all have taken part in money laundering, with corporate status and limited liability protecting the higher ups. those at the bottom of the food chain end up in prison.

the military and prison industrial complexes both benefit from the fake wars

2003 the FRB ships several C-130's to Iraq with ten's of billions of USD. much of that money goes missing, with the FRB refusing to release paperwork as to where it went. just like with the bail-out monies Tim Geithner (a CFR member of course) offers no help by refusing federal requests for documentation.

FRB has contributed to every major economic downturn since the early 1900's, some help they have been all these years. with it's most recent involvement in funding Watergate, Gaddafi (secret loans) all done under the realm of Alan Greenspan (another CFR member). who only knows what was done that we still haven't found out about.

Back