• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Arizona Could Criminalize Internet Trolling

[SIL]

AG'S DEMIGOD
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Arizona marches to the beat of its own drummer. But if that drummer gets upset and starts hollering on the Internet, he might get tossed in the clink.
After spending years targeting illegal aliens, the Grand Canyon State is turning its sights on obnoxious Internet users (commonly called 'trolls'). A new update to the state's telecommunications harassment bill could make the practice of harassing people online illegal.

Arizona House Bill 2549 has already passed both of the state's legislative bodies and is currently sitting on the desk of Governor Jan Brewer. While there's a lot in there that doesn't concern trolling, here's the line that has people worried:

It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person.

Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor and face up to 6 months in jail. If electronic devices are used to stalk someone, the charges then become a Class 3 felony, with penalties ranging from a minimum sentence of two and a half years in jail for non-dangerous offenders with no prior record to 25 years.

At the heart of the bill is an anti-bullying agenda. Cyber-bullying has been on the rise in recent years and has been in the news lately. A 2010 report in The New York Times found that one of out five middle-school students said they had been victims of cyberbullying.

Despite its good intentions, the Arizona law is already being called "overly broad" by critics. By using vague terms like "annoy" and "offend," it could easily encompass Internet forums or even comments like the ones found at the end of this story.

Free speech groups say they don't believe the law would ever stand up to court scrutiny if Gov. Brewer does, in fact, sign it. And many have pointed out the flaws in the bill to the governor herself.

"Government may criminalize speech that rises to the level of harassment and many states have laws that do so, but this legislation takes a law meant to address irritating phone calls and applies it to communication on web sites, blogs, listserves and other Internet communication," Media Coalition wrote in a letter last week.

Yes please. But I'm happy where I'm at, ive reached what i wanted to now its only waiting game with smile in my face ;) just wondering is any1 in same situation and want bit of support ..

Arizona ... U mad brah ?

xlarge.jpg

war on terror, now war on trolling, wtf, u americans love a fight huh?

isnt siluha australian? u get arrested here if u stop trolling!

so Prince having created AG, would be like a pusher and double the penalty? death?

You have to be shitting me!!!!!!!!!!! Our goverment seems to have way to much time on their fucking hands.. This country is becoming full of pussies. Everyone wants to be hand held and cradled.. How have people become so affected by what others say. Everyone is offended now a days... Fuck Arizona there is not shit there anyway... Just wait unless I am already mistaken people are going to get jail time for farting in public....

IML Gear Cream!
Its the state government bro, not the nation as a whole. We do have stuff here... the Grand Canyon, Tombstone, illegal immigrants, illegal aliens, non US citizens, see where I'm doing with this? Lol. I agree though... America has become pussified. Thanks to the person in the oval office. Shhh... donor say his name! You might disappear forever and ever cause our government can secretly kidnap you and never tell you why! Its how he is gonna win this election...

Its the state government bro, not the nation as a whole. We do have stuff here... the Grand Canyon, Tombstone, illegal immigrants, illegal aliens, non US citizens, see where I'm doing with this? Lol. I agree though... America has become pussified. Thanks to the person in the oval office. Shhh... donor say his name! You might disappear forever and ever cause our government can secretly kidnap you and never tell you why! Its how he is gonna win this election...

No bro I know it is the state government. But I was implying the gov as a whole. I know AZ has some cool stuff I am from next door to your east. Same BS there as well.. I was watching this deal the other day or may have been reading something on it. But it was about laws in the US and how Americans think they are obeying the laws here, but that in fact we are breaking laws everyday because of people in placing new laws all the time that are not publicly noted for us all to see.. Some of us were talking about moving to the land down under when we get out of the military. They seem to have some pretty laid back laws over there. Or even canada from what I hear is you can have AAS for personal consumption without being penalized but you can't buy it.

All I know is this country needs to wake the fuck up and stop with this nonsense. Rules are good to a point but to many rules are just bullshit.. Like the fact that one single rock of cocaine can get you life in prison. Come the fuck on man seriously. I get it the shit is bad. But LIFE........ There has to be a limit. I see it as abuse of power... Wish I was a billionaire I would buy me a small island and just do what ever the fuck I wanted....

No bro I know it is the state government. But I was implying the gov as a whole. I know AZ has some cool stuff I am from next door to your east. Same BS there as well.. I was watching this deal the other day or may have been reading something on it. But it was about laws in the US and how Americans think they are obeying the laws here, but that in fact we are breaking laws everyday because of people in placing new laws all the time that are not publicly noted for us all to see.. Some of us were talking about moving to the land down under when we get out of the military. They seem to have some pretty laid back laws over there. Or even canada from what I hear is you can have AAS for personal consumption without being penalized but you can't buy it.

All I know is this country needs to wake the fuck up and stop with this nonsense. Rules are good to a point but to many rules are just bullshit.. Like the fact that one single rock of cocaine can get you life in prison. Come the fuck on man seriously. I get it the shit is bad. But LIFE........ There has to be a limit. I see it as abuse of power... Wish I was a billionaire I would buy me a small island and just do what ever the fuck I wanted....

I think I love you! No homo bro! I've been saying this exact same thing for YEARS and nobody has listened! Haha. Can I come live on your island? I have lots of guns and ammo so we can hold it for a long time if necessary!

I think I love you! No homo bro! I've been saying this exact same thing for YEARS and nobody has listened! Haha. Can I come live on your island? I have lots of guns and ammo so we can hold it for a long time if necessary!

I am going to do some research there was a brit who bought and old oil rig off shore somewhere and these pirates tried to over take his shit. Little did they know this guy had M2 ( 50cal machine guns ) mounted to it that dude open fire on those fucks and killed one I think. Then they tried to bring a law suite against him. But it was dropped because it wasn't in inter coastal waters. haha Sounds like that could be a good idea as well....

Back