• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Your biggest obstacle to reaching your goals in the sport?

Anabolic5150

Student of the Game
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Chris actually started this on the IML Support forums and I liked it and wanted to carry it here and see what guys and gals had to say.

Here are my obstacles,

Finding the time to focus on training and diet when all I want to do is spend time with my family. Even with my wife working out with me and our baby in the gym daycare 20 feet away, I spend more time checking on the baby, talking to my wife about "life" stuff, just fucking around.

My wife and I eat a very clean diet but we do spend a lot of time with her parents and sisters and food is always a focus even though no one is fat per say. We just enjoy good foods, I am not about to eat chicken and rice while they are having a nice, juicy steak, mashed potatoes and dessert. Guess my "bodybuilding" days are over, just a fitness enthusiast now LOL.

I guess my goals have switched from being a 300 pound bodybuilder to just being a good husband, father, family member and friend. Think I'm doing ok.

Nothing wrong with being a good father and husband.Nothing at all.What I do,and I am both of thoses plus a grandfather,is I have an hour a day.For me it`s 5:am to 6:am and everyone I know knows I train with weights at that time.Now most people are not even awake at that hour so the distractions are few but I have 23 other hours during the day that I try to be the best husband,father and grandfather I can be.I am also not a hardass.If I am planning to train and something has to be done I will train later or ealier.If I am not mistaken you have a new baby and I know how that is.I remember being at work and wanting to go home early to play with my kid.This will pass to some degree as you and your wife get into a routine.And like I said if you choose to scale back your workouts and be the greatest father on earth nothing wrong with that.I currently hold the title of the greatest grandfather on earth so you can`t have that.Good luck

Agree with Cook.. and I know Anabolic is an amazing father and role model of a husband!! I to, try to balance being a father, husband and still train. My wife acutally yells at me if I try to skip out on my training. She knows that it ultimately makes me a happier person, and ultimately a better father and husband because of it.

My biggest obstacle is Joint problems. I can push myself as hard as the next guy.. but lately, my joints are fighting back. Admittedly, I have been pushing harder than ever before over the past few months. After my car accident last March, in which I shattered my wrist.. I wasn't able to train until late december. Once I got back in the gym, there was no holding me back.

5150, I've got a lot of respect for anyone who gives up their time to be with family or help family out. Heck I did it, at the age of 22 I sacrificed a yr and a half of my life to raise my brothers 4 kids while he was going through some shit. It takes a big man to do stuff like that, takes an even bigger man to sacrifice their dreams for family. Nobody can EVER fault you for making this decision! Anyone that does... well, I pity them. While there are probably a few bodybuilders with kids of their own, how much of their kids life do they miss in training, events, shoots, and competitions? I try not to judge others in this area, but a child deserves to have their parents there and involved in their life. I think your making a wise choice sir! Much respect to you!

Sounds like you have a happy marriage anabolic and a great wife..good for you brother..Although i cant say i get along with my wife as well as you do LOL.My 2 year old little boy is my world..So i know where you are comming from with that,best thing that ever happened to me.

My biggest problems are eating clean and eating more .I also tend to gain great progress and then get injured. I work 3rd shift, lift after work , eat and go to bed till it's time to go to work. I need to wake up and eat more.

my biggest obsticle is diet. i never eat as much as i need to and when i do i eat like shit a lot.

also i have trouble pushing myself in the gym sometimes. i find myself mentally stopping when my body has another 2 or 3 reps. also since my injury ive lost some muscle and put on some fat and im having trouble getting the drive to get back in the gym

Anabolic I think wanting to be a great husband & father is a great choice, life is too short to not to enjoy your family to the fullest. I love to train, but my family comes first always.. For me time is always an issue,, so have to try & balance everything the best I can.

Mine is 100% will power to eat right.. I might go carb free for days and then fuck some Oreos up.. If I could give my diet 50% more effort all the time then I could probably be where I'd like to be. I'll start getting abs and get lazy..

my biggest obsticle is diet. i never eat as much as i need to and when i do i eat like shit a lot.

also i have trouble pushing myself in the gym sometimes. i find myself mentally stopping when my body has another 2 or 3 reps. also since my injury ive lost some muscle and put on some fat and im having trouble getting the drive to get back in the gym

This is pretty much me..

IML Gear Cream!
I do love to train, it is very important to me. But as much as I put into it over the years, it really lost a lot when my baby was born. My wife always understood and has supported my bodybuilding, she is incredible in that. I tried to give back to her by taking as much off her plate so she could study, go to classes and advance in her career to the point she is at now.

But my baby, she just wants Dad to hold her, rock her, walk with her, lay on the floor and play with her. She wants me to be here when she cries. I can't do that from they gym. But I know that as she gets older that I will be able to apply more to the gym, guess I just don't know if I want to.

Family is my issue sometimes too. Sooner or later the iron will become an obstacle in life. There will come a time in most bb lives when the body just cant take anymore be it physical or mental. But you know what will always be there in your life till the day you die... FAMILY! I love bb but sometimes you have to think whats more important, yourself or your loved ones. Is the iron going to take care of you when your old and cant lift anymore. I dont think so. Will your children... if you have raised them right... YES! I would die for my children and im sure most of you that have them would too... so ask yourself will you die for Bodybuilding?

I am not a BBer per say but my 2 cents are that my biggest obstacle is frustration. Fighting injuries, old age, and just stuff seems to get to me just when I am making good progress.

I suspect this happens to BBers as well.

I can't imagine what its like to have a family, not being a father. I do have love for all children so that makes up for it :) I may not completely understand giving up sport and goals for family but I know its the right thing to do. Maybe very hard but thumbs up to all of you that put family first!

We just have to hang in there and be best at what we are.

Chris actually started this on the IML Support forums and I liked it and wanted to carry it here and see what guys and gals had to say.

Here are my obstacles,

Finding the time to focus on training and diet when all I want to do is spend time with my family. Even with my wife working out with me and our baby in the gym daycare 20 feet away, I spend more time checking on the baby, talking to my wife about "life" stuff, just fucking around.

My wife and I eat a very clean diet but we do spend a lot of time with her parents and sisters and food is always a focus even though no one is fat per say. We just enjoy good foods, I am not about to eat chicken and rice while they are having a nice, juicy steak, mashed potatoes and dessert. Guess my "bodybuilding" days are over, just a fitness enthusiast now LOL.

I guess my goals have switched from being a 300 pound bodybuilder to just being a good husband, father, family member and friend. Think I'm doing ok.

Props bro. I Know I have regretted time I stole from my family for the gym, but now I know better and my priorities are back the way they should be. Thanks for your courage! You make me a better man overall just knowing you.

Well said Anabolic, I've been doing this for a long time & when younger & before the kids came the sport was my priority, but once u become a dad everything changes.. I'm dedicated & do the most with the time I have, I try to balance as much as I can, but if it comes down to chosing the sport of spending time with the family, I rather spend time with my family.. Kids grow up too fast, so I'm ok with giving it my 100 % when I can.

I was thinking about it yesterday, I remember when the wife and I first started dating and she put up with me taking my cooler of food and protein shakes on dates, to family gatherings, getting up in the middle of the night for a shake and supplements. Bodybuilding was so important to me, and she kept that fire alive. Then when we found out we were gonna have a baby and we decided to get married, her only request was that I put family on the same level as training (she is the best wife ever)

Watching the baby grow in her belly made my desire to train less and my need to spend time with her even more important. I remember her laying on the bathroom floor with morning sickness, I'm standing there with my gym bag all ready to go train and I just set the bag down and laid on the floor with her. Training while my wife is sick, hell no. But in the beginning I may have said that I hope she felt better and gone to train.

When the baby was born, fuck man, training didn't matter at all. I still train, but its different. I don't care about ever being 300 pounds again, I care about being a good husband, father and if I can train on a consistent basis without it affecting my family, so be it.

I'll always train in some way and my focus on it may return to a high level some day. Now, I'd rather lay on the floor with my baby and the dogs or sit on the couch with my wife and watch in amazement the interaction between my daughter and her 105 pound Rottweiler sister then squat or bench or anything at the gym. We take her to the daycare at the gym when we go and she loves it. But I'm that goofy Dad peaking in the window between sets to make sure she is ok. That is whats important.

Here are my obstacles,

about fucking time you grew up!

:)

I'm the same way Anabolic. My training has been inconsistent over the last 4 years since the first kid was born. And I don't really mind. I do feel better when I'm in the gym regularly as that is my stress relief and it helps keep me balanced and keeps anxiety away. But I'll choose family over gym any day. I dread the day when they'll be teenagers and not want to have dad hanging around, and prefer to go off with their friends. I'll make the most out of the time I have now.

4:30am, up giving my little girl her bottle after changing her. She is so peaceful, she doesn't care if I'm 300 pounds, have abs, any of that. She just cares that I am here for her.

I'm gonna give more focus to the gym soon, as bmw said, its good for stress and God knows I have a lot of that. It will just have to be worked into my day somehow. But for now, its bottle time!!

My alcoholism and rec drug abuse. But i do it to challenge myself. Too easy without obstacles.

Anabolic you are an inspiration to us all and are a dear friend to me. My biggest obstacle like many others is diet but my job even more. I am a drill sergeant so I don't always get to when I want to or train on a set schedule due to the retarded hours and training that goes along with it. Sometimes I am the walking dead but come alive when my recruits screw up. Lol. As far as my family no matter what I try to do in this current duty position I always seem to loose time. Only a year left thank God and I am going for freakish looks.

Anabolic you are an inspiration to us all and are a dear friend to me. My biggest obstacle like many others is diet but my job even more. I am a drill sergeant so I don't always get to when I want to or train on a set schedule due to the retarded hours and training that goes along with it. Sometimes I am the walking dead but come alive when my recruits screw up. Lol. As far as my family no matter what I try to do in this current duty position I always seem to loose time. Only a year left thank God and I am going for freakish looks.
salutes you!!

Good stuff in here. It always helps to know there are others who share in your struggles. It can demotivate you and put you in a slump when you feel your failing or not where you should be. Heck at the beginning of the cycle I have felt unstoppable and toward the end didn't feel like I was going anywhere, didn't want look at one more chicken breast<<<that is food, not female>>>lol, hear one more grunt in the gym or smells the hard sweat coming from my body. However I knew others were feeling like I did and needed me to push through to help them push through when it came time to conquer their next castle. Hang in there and push past the I can't and I am done for the day and see that monster grow, grow, grow!!!

lower back problems and time would be my biggest obstacles..

Back