• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Opinions...BodyBuilding and Fitness, Figure, Bikini & Physique Competitions

Which Female Division do you prefer?

• Fitness

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Figure

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bikini

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Physique

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bodybuilding

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

pjreiff

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Competed in my first BodyBuilding show since the late 80's and can't believe how much has changed. The competitors in the Fitness, Figure, Bikini & Physique divisions far outnumbered the BodyBuilders. Not quite sure what I think of all of this. I'm not taking away from the individuals that competed in what I would consider something other than BodyBuilding as I'm sure they've all put in the time in the gym and managed their nutrition to compete in their respective divisions. Just doesn't feel right to have these included in a BodyBuilding show. Curious what others think about this??

Competed in my first BodyBuilding show since the late 80's and can't believe how much has changed. The competitors in the Fitness, Figure, Bikini & Physique divisions far outnumbered the BodyBuilders. Not quite sure what I think of all of this. I'm not taking away from the individuals that competed in what I would consider something other than BodyBuilding as I'm sure they've all put in the time in the gym and managed their nutrition to compete in their respective divisions. Just doesn't feel right to have these included in a BodyBuilding show. Curious what others think about this??

Female bodybuilding is on its way out, it seems. The IFBB is promoting marketable divisions... or divisions which they state make the federation money. Bob Cicherillo is an IFBB spokesperson who has repeatedly commented negatively about the prospects for FB.

What I think about this? That the IFBB could market FB if they wanted to. But I'm also glad to see the other female divisions offered. More options are always better. And these other divisions certainly seem to be making money for the NPC and IFBB.

Last edited:
It depends on how you want to look at it I suppose. From a fan perspective, I would much rather see a regular pro show with the bodybuilders you see in the mags. From a competition point of view, most people will never get to the level of a top level IFBB pro so the figure and physique divisions give them something to shoot for. Its still very difficult to obtain that level of conditioning but it is much more obtainable for your average Joe. Also, its not very practical to be that big for everyday life. You can't have a normal life at that point, its just not possible. The new divisions make it possible for people with normal lives to compete and have something to shoot for. People may poke fun at it, but bodybuilding isn't nearly as popular as it once was due to the extremes it has been pushed to these days.

33.3% would rather see females compete in bikini? Really people???? this category still perplexes me. :geewhiz:

Back