• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Birth Control & Pre-Comp Diet

Fit Freak

Fit Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm not sure if I have the correct location for this question so feel free to move it if need be.

For women training for a bodybuilding competition what are the implications (+ and -) of cutting out the pill in the last month or two? I am asking b/c a close friend of mine stopped the pill but she seems to have missed her period. It's been about 6-8 weeks I guess. Is this normal given the many changes happening in the body leading up to a BB show? She's 2 weeks out so things are pretty drastic in terms of training, cardio, and diet by now.

She doesn't think she's pregnant...claims no sex....???

Please any comments or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated by me and my friend. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Fit Freak
I'm not sure if I have the correct location for this question so feel free to move it if need be.

For women training for a bodybuilding competition what are the implications (+ and -) of cutting out the pill in the last month or two? I am asking b/c a close friend of mine stopped the pill but she seems to have missed her period. It's been about 6-8 weeks I guess. Is this normal given the many changes happening in the body leading up to a BB show? She's 2 weeks out so things are pretty drastic in terms of training, cardio, and diet by now.

She doesn't think she's pregnant...claims no sex....???

Please any comments or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated by me and my friend. Thanks again.

At BF levels lower than 12%..you get what is called "Athletic Amenorrhea"...so her claims are likely true....and she will miss several more periods as well.

(The downside is if she wishes to have children down the line)

Going off B/C if she doesn't needed.....will lower estrogen dominance, reduce bloat and make her nutritional programs more effective! :D

DP

Thankx DP...timely response is greatly appreciated. I'll let her know your thoughts...hoping it will put her at ease.

:thumb:

Be gentle with telling her that she is fucking up her hormonal system... :D

(it's only temporary, less time spent at that level of BF is better....though not a license to get fat post contest :)lol: )....women tend to look gr8 in the 12-16% range year-round IMO :D )

My partner TG....runs 9.5 to 11.5% 24/365 and she can go 1-3 years w/o a period, get stressed and then have one, it freaks her everytime...one year she had 3, she was pissed....lol

DP

Going on and off the pill is something she does not want to do.

Tell her to call her doc if she is going to do that.

Yeah...she only did it once....but advice well taken...MBC

DP...I couldn't agree more....15% on women looks great:) As for going that long w/o one...that would definately be hard on the head...scary as hell too:scared:

She's also wondering about what you said about having kids in the future....this is the first time it has happened I think...and she doesn't plan to maintain such low BF long-term....are the risks only minor given what she has done?

Hopefully not...it should put her mind at ease knowing the l/t risks are minimal from her actions....she really wants to have children...she's 25 now

Thanks again for the feedback...this board is great...I always seem to get the answers i need...when i need them:thumb:

Your Welcome :D

You or her should read up on amenorrhea, there are drugs to correct severe cases, usually just raising BF levels, food, less stress...and a little time do the trick :D

DP

Originally posted by Dr. Pain

My partner TG....runs 9.5 to 11.5% 24/365 and she can go 1-3 years w/o a period, get stressed and then have one, it freaks her everytime...one year she had 3, she was pissed....lol

DP

Maybe she's menopausal?

1-3 years without a period!!! :eek: Lucky girl! :D

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
Going on and off the pill is something she does not want to do.

Tell her to call her doc if she is going to do that.

I agree. I used to stop/start bc pills on my own all the time and that is why I'm so screwed now!
:rolleyes: :no:

Thanks again....worries have been put to rest. Long live IM:thumb: Commin' through again....

IML Gear Cream!
???

Is there any supplement that a woman can take who is on low dose b/c pills to sort of counteract the extra estrogen?? Like maybe Dhea or some other prohormone?

Back