• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cardio after workout

manickanuck

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey looking for some help here. I'm looking to cut some fat without losing too much muscle. I'm not in a hurry and need to lose 20 lbs in a month, just want to burn the fat at a decent pace. I workout 5 days a week usually kinda like this

Day 1 Legs
Day 2 Chest
Day 3 Back
Day 4 off
Day 5 Shoulders
Day 6 Arms
Day 7 off

I just started throwing in ab crunches EOD.
I've cut down on carbs and eat pretty decent, high protein, most carbs in the am before my workout and low in fats.
How much cardio and when should I throw it in? After my workout good?
Thanks in advance

You're not in a hurry and need to lose 20 lbs in a month? lol

Anyways, reduce diet 10-20% below maintenance and cardio 30 mins a day 6-7x a week (at least 300 calories burned). And you need go get a good amount of protein across the entie day too. That'll get drop you 6-7 lbs a month easy.

Just keep in mind the diet needs to be completely spot on for the above to work.

Maybe if you had given your stats we could give you more personalized advice.

20 pounds of fat @ 3500 calories per pound = 70,000 calories.
30 days in a month.
70,000 divided by 30 = 2,333 calories per day deficit.

You *will* lose muscle if you diet that hard, unless you are holding a total of about 70 lbs of fat right now.

You *could* eat like you've been eating, and do 3 hours of walking/slow jogging on a treadmill 7 days a week, or 4 hours after each workout.

You are in a hurry, you just don't realize it, I think.

Losing 2-3 lbs of weight a week is about the most I'd recommend, unless you're very obese.

i think you all misunderstood what he was saying...he isnt in a hurry needing to lose 20 lbs in a month.....so he is NOT wanting to lose 20 (like the person in a hurry)

You're not in a hurry and need to lose 20 lbs in a month? lol

Anyways, reduce diet 10-20% below maintenance and cardio 30 mins a day 6-7x a week (at least 300 calories burned). And you need go get a good amount of protein across the entie day too. That'll get drop you 6-7 lbs a month easy.

Just keep in mind the diet needs to be completely spot on for the above to work.

Maybe if you had given your stats we could give you more personalized advice.

I said Its not like i'm in a hurry. Depends how you read it I guess. Anyway losing 20lbs would be way too much lol

Okay now that this is cleard up lol here's my stats
5'8 31 years, 205 lbs 17% bf.
No way in hell am I running a 2333 calorie deficit lmao.

It is good that you are not in a hurry, that's the way to do it: slowly.
This is my way of dieting to lose weight and could be different than what people do:
unlike what some would do; go on a super intensive crash diet from day 1 ..then getting burned out and tired of it quickly from the stress...
you start by phase 1: reducing your carbs and calories slightly for a month, then the next month you raise a bit your level of dieting, by that time you are used to phase 1 and it is not hard....and slowly but surely you make your diet more and more intensive..this process must take about 4-6 months...
and believe me you will not lose any muscle like that ..on the contrary ..you will reach a point where your weight will not go down anymore a but your waist size will.
now cardio:
3 days a week of cardio: choose any 3 days as follows:
on days where you don't have legs you can throw in some 20-30 mns of treadmill bike, elliptical you can vary 15mns treadmill then 5 mns elliptical then 5 bike etc...after a workout.
on a day you are off you can do 30-45 mns
on the day you have legs you can do 20 mns before your leg workout.
then after a month or 2 increase your cardio time by 5 mns from original time

IML Gear Cream!
I have been doing insanity after my workouts. I don't do it after leg day. It's working very well.

It's a series of DVD workouts. Like P90X but insanity is just cardio. High intensity cardio. I'll post a YouTube clip.

Works well for him lulz

awesome. finally some good advice thank you
you re welcome...the key here is to go on a routine that is not stressful until it becomes a natural lifestyle and also not lose any muscle mass and strength while losing fat, on the contrary as you are losing fat you still have the energy to increase the intensity of your lifting.
as for the cardio training part you can vary it as i mentioned: treadmill, outdoor jogging, elliptical, biking, ..any dvd that suits you will also do..
also one thing i forgot to mention: if your diet is for example is at a phase where it is lets say 2000 cal a day and in a given day you just ate slightly more than usual or you enjoyed a desert that you really wanted..something unexpected..then if for that day you are doing cardio, increase your cardio by 10 mns over the usual time..if you are not doing cardio that day then do it....then the next day return to your normal diet and normal training routine: in short , treat an unexpected diet mistake by an increase in your training ( return a blow by a blow!) but try as much as possible not to have such events.

Losing 2-3 lbs of weight a week is about the most I'd recommend, unless you're very obese.

^^^this. Look into PSMF dieting, also recommend early AM fasted cardio sessions involving 30 min max HIIT

^^^this. Look into PSMF dieting, also recommend early AM fasted cardio sessions involving 30 min max HIIT

^^since you haven't been doing any cardio, this is they way I would direct you also. If however you get exhausted in a fasted state, try a balanced protein/carb meal prior and see how your body responds. I prefer Fasted LISS and fueled HIIT but everyone is different and I had to experiment to get to my conclusion for me.

Post lifting cardio can work too, but just do LISS. some like to have a scoop of whey in between the two to help spare muscle. It's somewhat trial and error getting started, and the only wrong way to do it is to not start!

Back