• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

JB44 Guide to Cutting for Dummies (that means you)

IML Gear Cream!
Let's keep the OP's thread on track. He's here to discuss diet.

Bro you look great and your diet phylosophies are solid! And as far as genetics go if you dont work hard and eat right whatever genetics you do have will never shine! I believe everyone has some type of good genetic trait about them be it their legs, back, chest, arms, ect.... If I train with someone I dont tell them they have poor genetics. I only point out the good. Negativity doesnt build a good body or a good state of mind. Just like laziness and poor diet doesnt. Thanks for sharing my friend.

Ya I kinda wanted to keep it on topic and maybe do a q&a plus get input from other knowledgeable memebers

Bro you look great and your diet phylosophies are solid! And as far as genetics go if you dont work hard and eat right whatever genetics you do have will never shine! I believe everyone has some type of good genetic trait about them be it their legs, back, chest, arms, ect.... If I train with someone I dont tell them they have poor genetics. I only point out the good. Negativity doesnt build a good body or a good state of mind. Just like laziness and poor diet doesnt. Thanks for sharing my friend.

Thanks man, good post

Been dieting for about a week, small clean meals keeping carbs low and its crazy how my body adapts. Tried to have my cheat meal tonight for mothers day and could hardly eat anything lol got full so quick

You really sound silly

245 and lean? Above average genetics

6 ft 4 and big and lean? Way above average genetics

really young...lean...big....tall...way above average genetics

nothing about the boy is average....give me a break

Show of hands, insult or no insult? :thinking:

:sorry:

Just kidding about the title haha

Here is something I wrote up kind of my basics to dieting, not everything is set in stone but if you are not losing weight see how many things on this list you are guilty of.

Some basics I follow when cutting
-drink water only, crystal light sugar free stuff is ok, diet soda once in a while is not going to kill you
-no dairy
-no alcohol
-no fast food
-no eating out
-no sweets, candy, soda
-cook everything yourself
-no processed/pre packaged foods
-eat foods that come out of the earth, regular/sweet potatoes, oats, veggies, fruits (not in excess)
-cook with calorie free pam spray
-whey protein is ok, bcaa's are better (nutraplanet has bulk 1kg for $25)
-eat lots of LEAN meats - chicken breast, tilapia, lean beef 93%, lean ground turkey 93%, egg whites (yolk or 2 ok)
-find a way to eat veggies and salads you can actually enjoy and eat a shitload of them to fill up
-read the labels on everything, be aware of what you are eating before you eat it
-weight your meals and write down macros/calories to track them
-weight on a scale can be deceiving, take measurements every week or 2 and go by mirror

Eca stack is awesome, bronkaid from walgreens with caffine 3 times a day is great but it WILL NOT make up for a shitty diet

Cardio do the stair climber, it is the most effective 20-30 mins after workout. 30-45 mins on days you just want to do cardio. You should be drenched in sweat, it is extremely difficult and mentally tough to keep going but it burns a shitload of calories. But it WILL NOT make up for a shitty diet

Stick to the diet at least 90% of the time, if u eat perfect 100% of the time you will burn out. Do not have a cheat DAY.. once a week have a cheat MEAL. Be aware if you are going to have a cheat meal and reduce calories in other meals that day to try to even out calories for the day

If you drink alcohol be aware it slows down fat metabolism and a higher percentage of the food you eat while drunk will be stored as fat because you body is busy metabolizing the alcohol. Alcohol doesn't make people fat usually its the food they eat while drunk that does. You wanna drink, cut your food calories that day big time.

Cutting cycle
50-100mg test prop ed
50-100mg mast prop ed
50-100mg tren ace ed (advanced bbers go higher)
as much hgh as you can afford ed (optional but highly recommended)

This cycle will help dramatically but again these all WILL NOT make up for a shitty diet

It takes a lot of will power to make these lifestyle changes but I promise once you do it for a while it will become normal.

As I just want to add that I'm not one of those people who have been skinny their entire life. If I don't diet and workout I get fat, simple as that. I have been over 20%+ bf and I hated it. I don't have the best genetics to stay lean but I have will power and drive to be consistent with my foods and working out.

This is what dedication in diet and a nice cutting cycle will turn the average genetic person into this...

402543227.jpg

I cannot tell you what it is like to go to the beach or pool and take off your shirt being under 10% with some quality muscle... EVERYONE cannot help but look it is a indescribable feeling

I will put up a part 2 going into more detail about macros/calories per day and what to aim for based on your body

Feel free to comment, criticize or correct anything you feel like

:clapping: Awesome post and great results, JB.

I like it, just a couple things:

I don't think the stair master is any more effective than other cardio machines if the intensity is equal, I prefer to tell clients to do whatever you like the best because it's more likely that you'll continue to do it.

I know to burn fat you just need to do something that will elevate your heart rate to a certain amount for an extended amount of time. I just see way to many people sitting on an exercise bike barely pedaling watching tv or on a treadmill chatting away on the cell phone not even breaking a sweat thinking they are "doing cardio". I like the stairmaster, it is challenging if you don't keep up.. your ass can fall off. I work up the biggest sweat on here, literally puddles on it by the time I'm done.

Cardio doesn't have to be done at any particular time, I actually prefer cardio first or separate, but that's just preference.

I don't mind a light warm up cardio before a workout but I feel like if I go hard on cardio first I fear that my workout suffers. I also remember reading something about cardio after a workout has a better chance of dipping into the body's fat stores for energy but it could have just been "bro science" Separate is awesome but I find its more convenient when you are already at the gym to "get err done"

I agree on the cheat meal vs cheat day, but I'll sometimes have a cheat evening w a good dinner, dessert and maybe a couple drinks. Again, this is just preference, not an absolute.

agreed, I have a tendency to go all out also :ohyeah:

I personally don't drink milk, but I see no problem w some lowfat/nonfat milk or yogurt as long as macros are within range.

I keep going back and forth including it in my diet or not and honestly don't notice any differences but if you reach a plateau in fat loss it is something to take out to help

I like your practical approach instead of the usual "carbs are the devil" mentality that I see way too much.

everything in moderation my friend

One thing that I try to stress is that there are few absolutes in health, and we can find good health and success in a variety of ways.

yessir just gotta find something that works for you and most importantly something you can keep doing, slow and steady always wins the race

Great post, my comments above in bold

You're actually correct about the bike example. Weight bearing exercise will burn more cals than non wt bearing. So, a stair master or treadmill would be better. I love the stair master, I rotate between it and the TM.

You're actually correct about the bike example. Weight bearing exercise will burn more cals than non wt bearing. So, a stair master or treadmill would be better. I love the stair master, I rotate between it and the TM.

Me too, I go full incline all the way to the top on the treadmill and will go up to about 2.5-3.0 speed on it for a fast paced walk

Great work juiceball44, thanks for the post outlining what you have found that works. All of us can learn from the success of others.

IML Gear Cream!
Great work juiceball44, thanks for the post outlining what you have found that works. All of us can learn from the success of others.

Thanks, I kinda wanted to take a different approach on a fat loss guide instead of just saying to calculate daily calories based on lean body mass and activity level, than subtract ~500 a day to get your magic number blah blah blah. Now people have this magic number but they are not really sure what to do.

I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is not preparing their food themselves. "but I've been eating clean all week, why did I gain weight" when you go out to eat, restaurants can turn any perfectly healthy meal into a dieters nightmare. Take a boneless skinless chicken breast and veggies, sounds perfect right... little do you know the chicken has been swimming in a pool of oil and loaded with sodium and the veggies are dripping wet from all the salty butter they have been soaked in. Add a soda or juice or 2 and a few bites of an appetizer or dessert and you have well surpassed 1,000 calories in one sitting. It is not uncommon for regular dishes at restaurants to have over 2,000 calories aka almost the total number of calories someone dieting should be eating for the day

Cutting cycle
50-100mg test prop ed
50-100mg mast prop ed
50-100mg tren ace ed (advanced bbers go higher)
as much hgh as you can afford ed (optional but highly recommended)

This cycle will help dramatically but again these all WILL NOT make up for a shitty diet
Ok awesome post, great results! Two questions:
(A) Where is the before pic?
(B) Why prop instead of cyp or enan? Does this really make any difference to fat loss or retaining muscle while losing fat?

Great read.... Question: cut mix for someone w/ a higher bf%? Or go w/o cut mix and just concentrate on diet and cardio w high intensity workouts? Really is there a starting point for bf % that cut mix is warranted or it can be used regardless? Thanks in advance...

Nice work OP. I too have that same body type and am on the path to getting lean and staying there. It's a TON of work.

Any adivce on maintaining your goals once you reach them? I don't plan on TRT or anything as I'm quite young. Again, great job and a hell of a motivational story.

I'll disagree on the dairy. Lots of studies showing that calcium helps in weight loss, especially on abdominal fat.
And as for cardio, if you hit it too hard, you'll burn carbs and muscle before fat. There's a nice middle ground where your body begins to burn more carbs, but fat burning is still higher than in the typical 'fat-burning zone'. I prefer to do medium level cardio when trying to lose fat, as it leaves more glycogen in the muscles. And stairstepper is very leg dominant. Personally, I prefer cardio on a rowing machine, as it hits rear delts, erectors, abs, legs, upper back, and biceps and forearms. You've basically got every muscle aside from chest/triceps burning fat. I feel treadmill is second best, if it's jogging, since it engages the core and a the arms to a small degree, although it's still leg-dominant.

I'll disagree on the dairy. Lots of studies showing that calcium helps in weight loss, especially on abdominal fat.
And as for cardio, if you hit it too hard, you'll burn carbs and muscle before fat. There's a nice middle ground where your body begins to burn more carbs, but fat burning is still higher than in the typical 'fat-burning zone'. I prefer to do medium level cardio when trying to lose fat, as it leaves more glycogen in the muscles. And stairstepper is very leg dominant. Personally, I prefer cardio on a rowing machine, as it hits rear delts, erectors, abs, legs, upper back, and biceps and forearms. You've basically got every muscle aside from chest/triceps burning fat. I feel treadmill is second best, if it's jogging, since it engages the core and a the arms to a small degree, although it's still leg-dominant.

You're over thinking this.

Like I said in the beginning nothing is set in stone. If you look at that list and only do one or two of the things not to do, more than likely you are in pretty good shape. If you are not losing weight and you look and find like 5 or 6 things on the list you are doing, now you know what you can try to cut out. I enjoy milk and have been very lean drinking it, but if someone hits a plateau in weight loss it could the extra 500 or so calories than having a little milk throughout the day will add.

As far as cardio, that's just what I like. The fact is cardio is anything that brings up your heart rate. You could get shredded as fuck playing wii fit like a maniac or jumping around your living room in your underwear doing p90x as long as you jack your heart rate up and keep it up for 20-45 minutes

If you had said 'no milk', I wouldn't have piped up, but you said 'no dairy', and that is pretty restrictive. No cheese, no yogurt...no calcium, really.
The cardio I just brought up because of they way you described how intense it should be. When cardio gets too intense, your body switches from a mix of fat and glucose/glycogen to almost all glucose/glycogen for energy. And like I said, I'd rather spare some of the glycogen for my next workout.
Rower I mentioned because you gave no options other than the stair climber, and the more muscles your cardio is spread over, the more you'll be burning fat instead of carbs. Plus, I'm a bit of a rowing fanatic :)

And exphys, others say the same as you... I overthink everything. But to me, it's just thinking.

Lol, I'm just giving you shit. People say the same thing bout me.

If you had said 'no milk', I wouldn't have piped up, but you said 'no dairy', and that is pretty restrictive. No cheese, no yogurt...no calcium, really.
The cardio I just brought up because of they way you described how intense it should be. When cardio gets too intense, your body switches from a mix of fat and glucose/glycogen to almost all glucose/glycogen for energy. And like I said, I'd rather spare some of the glycogen for my next workout.
Rower I mentioned because you gave no options other than the stair climber, and the more muscles your cardio is spread over, the more you'll be burning fat instead of carbs. Plus, I'm a bit of a rowing fanatic :)

And exphys, others say the same as you... I overthink everything. But to me, it's just thinking.

Well I'm glad I said those because you have added some very good information to this thread. The cardio example is just something for those people who do their "cardio" but don't even break a sweat. I'd rather them overdo it than under do it. If you want to be as anal (in a good way) as possible, you can calculate you "fat burning" heart rate zone which 60-70% of you max heart rate (220-your age) and have to way to monitor your heart rate to make sure you stay in the zone, not going under or over. This goes into more detail on heart rates - http://www.thewalkingsite.com/thr.html

Good genetics to me is the big ripped black kid who eats two meals of mcdonalds a day and doesn't lift weights often but is 6% with good full muscles...

QFT! I got a bro just like that, 6'6" (dont know what he weighs) but he is a monster! Doesnt work out, stuffs his face with everything in sight....and has a fucking six pack! THAT is the exact definition of "genetically gifted" IMO.

For the rest of us....just what you said in your original post.

And, oh by the way, awesome physique bro, great post, and regardless of what anyone says, take pride in the hard earned results of your labor.

Back