• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

DB Shoulder Press form

Looks good bro! I've learned by working with John meadows that changing ur ROM is extremely beneficial. Full ROM with pauses at bottom and squeeze on top, stopping 1-2 in short and pumping style constant tensension and long negative all help. Dont just stick to one mix it up and keep the body guessing

Looks good bro! I've learned by working with John meadows that changing ur ROM is extremely beneficial. Full ROM with pauses at bottom and squeeze on top, stopping 1-2 in short and pumping style constant tensension and long negative all help. Dont just stick to one mix it up and keep the body guessing

Thanks for the advice man!

Strong bro! Rom looks great. Only u can judge how low is comfy and safe. U don't need to go all the way down. Like the other guy said play around with rom.

Some pros don't go nearly That high to keep more tension on the shoulder vs triceps.

I know u said to ignore the left hand turned in but it was hard to ignore. Is it always that big of a turn in when you do db military presses or did you just grab the db off center on that set?

IML Gear Cream!
Stupid... Lol. Doesn't have to be. There is no rule at what level incline has to be at. A lot of folks like a slight incline, ALOT

Agreed! Watch jay cutler on YouTube. He purposely does not go full 90 deg for less stress on his low back per his words. Jay has some of the best shoulders ever.

Agreed! Watch jay cutler on YouTube. He purposely does not go full 90 deg for less stress on his low back per his words. Jay has some of the best drugs ever.

corrected

Stupid... Lol. Doesn't have to be. There is no rule at what level incline has to be at. A lot of folks like a slight incline, ALOT

The higher the incline the more it hits the front delts. Every inch down from vert will change the front delt activation a littleee..maybe only 2%, but still. Try not being a pussy and put it straight up, you'll have to lower it 10lbs. :winkfinger:

Agreed! Watch jay cutler on YouTube. He purposely does not go full 90 deg for less stress on his low back per his words. Jay has some of the best shoulders ever.

You are using Jay Cutlers exercise form as a staple for correct form? Your a fucking idiot. NEGGED bitch

hhahahaha "agreed, watch jay cutler.."!!!! omg...i want to kill you

Your bench is not in full upright position. That is what's wrong.

You're right, it's one notch away from being fully upright. The reason I do that is that it's much easier to kick heavier DBs like 85s into position that way. I've tried a fully upright position and although I was still able to get the heavier DBs into starting position it took much more out of me and most of my energy went into getting the DBs into position instead of actually pressing them.

try them standing you will hit your core and your ticeps too ... i used to prefer standing .

When you have to worry about not breaking 90 degrees to keep your lower back safe, you're doing it wrong. We know that there is more contributing to Cutler's success than his ROM....

I never saw the argument of only needing to go down to 90 degrees. That's weak if you ask me. At what point in that lift do you ever lose tension on the shoulder? Obviously it's mostly personal preference, but it always seems to come off as an excuse to not go down all the way.

You are using Jay Cutlers exercise form as a staple for correct form? Your a fucking idiot. NEGGED bitch

hhahahaha "agreed, watch jay cutler.."!!!! omg...i want to kill you

Lol relax mr angry. U think I give a fuck about rep count points?

Jay had great shoulders early in his career in his early bb shows. Well before his pro level aas protocol.

yeah u guys are right jay is an idiot and knows nothing about training.........he won the sandows by blowing weider. same with Ronnie Coleman. It's all the juice the pros actually don't lift at all they just sit on the couch and juice.

I was merely pointing out he literally states in the video why he doesn't use a 90 deg bench to ease load on the lower back and it makes sense. I didn't say lay the bench fucking flat!

Go down till the bar or dbs are ear level.i will change it up also.2 second pause at the bottom,do strait reps the go into a alternate presses on same set or drop sets .I like going nice and slow on higher reps and get time under tention.Iv been going low as 10 reps and as high as 50 reps in one strait set.I dont do anything less then 10 reps anymore.i like doing palms facing in on the bottom and then thumbs facing each other on the top.Sometimes ill do alternate on each exercise.I really like the rest pause the most for fully hitting each fiber and it will hit it deep.

Back