• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hows this looking?

Cru

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm new to the whole getting into shape thing, so i could use a little advice. I've already done the hard part and quit smoking, going on 3rd month. First a bit about me and what i want to happen. I'm 5'7" 170lbs. male. I dont look overweight, but i do have a beer belly. I just want to get into shape. i dont care how much i weigh as long as the gut is gone and i tone the rest up. I dont go to a gym and really dont have time to with my kids running all over the place.
Now heres what i'm doing right now:
Diet: (monday - saturday. Sunday is cheat day)
6:00am: 3 egg whites, 2 dry wheat toast, and 1 cup of fat free milk
9:30am: 2 oranges 1 apple (or plum)
12:00pm: 1 can of tuna on wheat bread
2:30pm: Turkey on wheat bread
5:00pm: Met-RX Protein plus extreme Whey ( after workout )
5:30pm: Chicken breast or small piece of lean steak, 1/2cup white rice or baked potato, lots of veggies ( corn, beans, peppers, ect..) (i replace the chicken/steak with fish once a week)
8:30pm: Fruit of some kind for a snack

workout: 3:45pm (4 sets of each. 12 reps 50% 1 minute rest, 10 reps 60% 1 minute rest, 8 reps 70% no rest 60% to exhaustion.)
Monday:
Traps- Shrugs
Chest- Incline Dumbbell Flyes, Bench press, Bent-Arm Dumbbell Pullover
Triceps- Bench Dips, Tricep Dumbbell Kickback, Seated Triceps Press
Forearms- Palms-Down & Up Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over A Bench

Tuesday:
Cardio (bike 20 minutes)
Abs

Wednesday:
Quads- Barbell Deadlift, Barbell Full Squat, Dumbbell Lunges, Leg Extensions
Hamstrings- Lying Leg Curls
Calfs- Dumbbell Seated One-Leg Calf Raise

Thursday:
Cardio (bike 20 minutes)
Abs

Friday:
Shoulders- Front Dumbbell Raise, Lying Rear Delt Raise, Seated Barbell Military Press
Biceps- Alternate Hammer Curl, Concentration Curls, EZ-Bar Curl
Middleback- Bent Over Barbell Row, One-Arm Dumbbell Row
Lowerback- Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift

Saturday:
Heavy Bag (3 minute rounds to exhaustion)

Sunday:
Lazy day :)

Originally posted by Cru
Now heres what i'm doing right now:

Diet: (monday - saturday. Sunday is cheat day)

6:00am: 3 egg whites, 2 dry wheat toast, and 1 cup of fat free milk
should increase protein here.

9:30am: 2 oranges 1 apple (or plum)
this is all sugar, need to add protein, carbs & fat

12:00pm: 1 can of tuna on wheat bread
veggies would be good here, and some fat

2:30pm: Turkey on wheat bread

5:00pm: Met-RX Protein plus extreme Whey ( after workout )

5:30pm: Chicken breast or small piece of lean steak, 1/2cup white rice or baked potato, lots of veggies ( corn, beans, peppers, ect..) (i replace the chicken/steak with fish once a week)

8:30pm: Fruit of some kind for a snack
this meal should be primarily protein & fat, no fruit.

** Overall the diet is not too bad except for the lack of protein and the all fruit meals. If you're trying to get lean you may want to change your wheat bread to better (lower on Glycemic Index) carb sources. Have you calculated out your calories? If not you may want to do that.

workout: 3:45pm (4 sets of each. 12 reps 50% 1 minute rest, 10 reps 60% 1 minute rest, 8 reps 70% no rest 60% to exhaustion.)

What is the goal of the work-outs? You definitely will not be building much size/strength from these.

OK so i guess i'm just as clueless as i thought i was..
My calories are around 2000.
I know that there is good fat and bad fat, what would be a good source for the fat that i should have?
Same goes for protein, whats a good source for this besides protein drinks or are protein drinks the way to go?
As for my workout, what i'm looking for is to lose the belly and develop the rest. I would like a very noticeable difference by summer. I know it wont be totally gone, but it would be nice to be able to take my shirt off in public and not feel like a piece of crap.

Nervermind about the workout, i'm going to try gopro's POWER, REP RANGE, SHOCK workouts. I have to change some of it cuz i dont have all the equipment needed. But i'll make due

Its a great routine, I've been doing it for almost a year and have seen some good gains.

Back