• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

78.5 MPG Cars and we cant have them!

That doesn't fucking surprise me one god damn bit! Fucking current administration...

That doesn't fucking surprise me one god damn bit! Fucking current administration...

It isn't just the current administration. It's been like that for at least a couple decades. A lot of this BS didn't just start January 2009 and become effective retroactively.

theres gotta be a way to modify your car to get the most gas mileage, unless its a hybrid. its all about fuel air mixtiure. It cant have anything to due with compression. NHRA cars get 800 horsepower per cylinder, its all in the fuel. these bastards are holding out on us. And dont bother with that hydrogen crap, I built my own hydrogen generator and it doesnt boost performance at all, it just kills your battery.

It isn't just the current administration. It's been like that for at least a couple decades. A lot of this BS didn't just start January 2009 and become effective retroactively.

also a lot of "people" didn't start paying attention to politics until the blackman became POTUS, when they should have been paying more attention all along. the US economy of 2012 is the culmination of the past 30 years, when labor was discarded in the 80's.

theres gotta be a way to modify your car to get the most gas mileage, unless its a hybrid. its all about fuel air mixtiure. It cant have anything to due with compression. NHRA cars get 800 horsepower per cylinder, its all in the fuel. these bastards are holding out on us. And dont bother with that hydrogen crap, I built my own hydrogen generator and it doesnt boost performance at all, it just kills your battery.

Of course hydrogen is going to kill your battery, it takes more power to split the molecules, you'd be better off running that battery straight to a dc motor like a super hybrid with front wheel drive on a diesel engine and rear wheel driven by a battery supplied dc motor using regenerative braking to charge the batteries. Don't get me started on how much energy ethanol wastes!!!

Don't get me started on how much energy ethanol wastes!!!

at least after 30 years the ethanol subsidy was allowed to die. the magic of the "free markets" at work.

Debunked: High-Mileage Vehicles Not Blocked from US Market

[h=1]Debunked: High-Mileage Vehicles Not Blocked from US Market[/h]
There are at least five things that factor in here.

First, VW used to sell the same (or similar?) Passat as is sold in Europe here in the US. But it didn't sell very well. It was too expensive and too small in the mid-size sedan segment. So they came up with a larger version with a better price point; and of course the size effects the mileage. [Americans are not nearly so concerned with mileage as Europeans are.]

Second, the way the US' EPA calculates mileage is different than the way the European equivalent does it. "The cycle is different," he said. The driving course and rigor set in the dynamometer is different. The fuel types used are different. The EPA estimates for diesel mileage tend to be lower than reality. For example, while the EPA says the Passat is 44 mpg, the Consumer Reports number comes in at 51 mpg.

"The number for the combined US cycle for the US Passat is 35 mpg, whereas the same powertrain in a European Passat gets 61.2 mpg on the Euro cycle."
Third, a US gallon (3.79 L) is less than an Imperial gallon (4.546 L).

Fourth, the US government doesn't stipulate to an automobile company what vehicles they can and cannot sell, other than setting the regulations for things like emissions, with which the manufacturers are required to comply.

Fifth, dealers are independent from VW and are not always aware of certain aspects of the auto business.

NHRA cars get 800 horsepower per cylinder, its all in the fuel. these bastards are holding out on us. And dont bother with that hydrogen crap, I built my own hydrogen generator and it doesnt boost performance at all, it just kills your battery.

they are also going through 8-12 gals per 1/4 mile run

IML Gear Cream!
theres gotta be a way to modify your car to get the most gas mileage, unless its a hybrid. its all about fuel air mixtiure.

Even if you get the rxn actual yield to equal the theoretical yield you still will lose energy converting that to mechanical energy and delivering it to the wheels.

The toyotas back home when I was growing up were getting what amounts to 45 MPG easy.

I think we can solve this right here, there are some crafty folk on this forum, lets give it a go

I think we can solve this right here, there are some crafty folk on this forum, lets give it a go

Don't have to, I thought I had a novel idea of a fwd diesel rwd battery hybrid, so I went looking around and found out that the French of all people figured it out....

"Peugeot plans to launch the world’s first diesel-electric hybrid before the end of 2010. Based on the 3008 crossover platform, the Hybrid4 uses a 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine fitted with a stop-start system that develops 163 horsepower. An electric motor on the rear axle develops 36 horsepower and 147 lb-ft (200 Nm) and drives the rear wheels. Total output is 200 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque (500 Nm), with CO2 emissions of just 99 g/km and an average consumption of 57.4 mpg (4 liters/100 km).

The hybrid system adds just 100 kg to the car's weight. The Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4 can run in front-drive, all-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive (the latter with 0 emissions). The French diesel-electric hybrid is expected to cost at least 15 percent more than a conventional top-spec 3008, but prices will drop once the hybrid system is implemented on other models like the 308, 407 and their Citroen equivalents (C4 and C5)."

I know VW could do better than that and the beauty is Bio-diesel can come into play on such vehicles...Mr. Diesel's original concept is finally making sense.

Now we just need electric charging roads powered by embedded PV cells and piezo electric charging mechanisms, look up piezo effect and then think about all the wasted mechanical energy that could be used as millions of tons of cars and trucks roll down the roads... Everywhere I look I see wasted energy potential, store heat from the sun at night and use the heat for thermoelectric conversion or even simple stirling engine generators, or simply for heating your shower water. Almost everyone does the latter here in Hawaii.

Heres one so few realize makes so much sense. Solar Thermal in evacuated tubes to make Superheated water or oil run to a heat exchanger using a lithium bromide absorption chiller for Air conditioning using the chilled water AC systems already in existence.

You could always get a biodiesel kit and hit up restaurants for their used veggie oil they actually pay to dispose of.

Electric cars and probably hybrids will be stepping stones until a better energy source becomes practical. Batteries rely on a chemical rxn where all the reactants(and products) are already contained within the system(battery). As the rxn goes forward the rxn rate decreases along with the electric potential, so it becomes less efficient as soon as you start using it. Then it has to be recharged which can only occur so fast. A fuel cell runs at its maximum potential as long as the fuel is there and refueling is quick. Personally, I'm holding out for a TIE fighter.

true...my comment was just a general statement in regards to increased power and fuel consumption. there's always a trade off somewhere.

Back