• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gregzs on Movies & Entertainment

IML Gear Cream!
Director Talks WANTED 2, Says It Will Be Shocking

Russian director Timur Bekmambetov is currently making press rounds for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" and while promoting that film, discussion inevitably turned to "Wanted 2." The director shared that the film " is very much moving forward" ---

"An unbelievable thing happened three weeks ago," Bekmambetov said. "Because we stopped, we didn't know what to do for three or four years. Three weeks ago I came up with a great idea and I pitched this idea and everybody fell in love with it. And now I think we're on track. Right now the writer is working on the script, and it will be shocking."

Wanted is based on 2003 comic book series from Mark Millar and J. G. Jones but it deviated considerably from the source material. Normally, that's a move that doesn't payoff but the $75M budgeted film earned $341M at the global box office. The natural tendency for movie studios when a film is this successful is to immediately fast-track a sequel but the creative team behind the film wanted to nail down the story first. It looks like they finally have and that the long-rumored resurrection of Angelina Jolie's character can be put to rest.

"It's a continuation of the story, with Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy). Other people are dead, you know, we can't bring them back. The story is the same character, same mythology, but it's got a great twist."

In terms of the sequel, the first film was vastly different from the comic book, redefining The Fraternity as a league of self-righteous assassins rather than super-villains who brainwashed the world's superheroes (vaguely inferred to be iconic DC Comics heroes) into believing that they were simply actors who played superheroes on tv. It will be very interesting to see where the sequel takes us and if it can retain the charisma of the original.

Strange Sounding Premise Of Upcoming MORTAL KOMBAT Reboot Revealed
With Kevin Tancharoen still attached to direct from Oren Uziel?s screenplay, we?ve exclusively discovered that the live-action reboot will follow a lowly unlucky supermarket employee who discovers that he has out of this world powers and must decide between good and evil, even though the evil side has helped him discover his true potential and who he really is.

Tancharoen and Uziel brought us the short film Mortal Kombat: Rebirth and the subsequent web series Mortal Kombat: Legacy starring Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan. They were impressive enough in their own right but jettisoned many of the fantasy elements in favor of a more realistic take on things. At least this would suggest that they wont be going the same route with the movie. Actually sounds as if they are trying to make this a superhero origin story type of thing. I'm going to assume this "lowly unlucky supermarket employee" will be a brand new character, unless they plan to drastically alter Johnny Cage or Liu Kang or something! But I'm sure those guys, as well as a whole bunch of other popular characters, will turn up to mentor the little fella.

First Photo: Jolie Revealed as Classic Disney Villain | XFINITY Movie Blog by Comcast

Walt Disney Studios is giving the public its first look at Angelina Jolie as the classic ?Sleeping Beauty? villain Maleficent, who is the namesake of a new movie set for release in March 2014.
?Maleficent,? which begins production this week, will co-star Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Miranda Richardson, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville. According to a studio press release, the film is ?the untold story of Disney?s most beloved villain, Maleficent, from the 1959 classic ?Sleeping Beauty.? The film reveals the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora.?
Oscar-winning production designer Robert Stromberg (?Avatar?) will direct.

Arnie Talks TERMINATOR 5 Appearance; Says It WILL Follow On From SALVATION

?I can?t say to much they want it held in secret if you know what I mean, but I will say that next year I will start filming it and it?s going to be one of the hardest films I have ever done I can tell you that already for sure?, Schwarzenegger said ?? they have six months set aside just for filming, so I will be training and getting into the best physical shape I possibly can before filming starts. It does follow Salvation although some of the producers and franchise owner were not too happy about the job McG did with it but they felt it was good enough to continue on and they want the fifth and sixth installments to be the closing of the franchise.?

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reportedly NOT Doing Anymore TERMINATOR Films Officially; Recent News Possibly Faked

Yesterday Moviehole.com and our sister site TheArnoldFans.com reported a new Terminator 5 news story involving Arnold Schwarzenegger's return to Terminator which would begin filming in 2013 and would continue for six months. The internet was alive with excited fans talking Terminator in hushed tones... Today it appears that the story may well have been a fake. How? the original story was in fact reported by "ActionEffects.blogspot.com" which was then picked up by "Moviehole.net" and then "TheArnoldFans.com" the facts in at least two articles differed, the original post cited no sources and was located in the USA but their info claimed Denmark... Questionable?

Classic Sci-Fi Movies Done Pulp Style

Artist Timothy Anderson has posted a trio of images that take modern classic science fiction films and adapt them to look as though their movie posters are actually the covers of pulp novels from the past. Check out these unique takes on The Matrix, Blade Runner and Alien.

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Screenwriters Hired For JURASSIC PARK 4

According to Deadline Universal Pictures is tapping into their Jurassic Park franchise one more time. And why shouldn't they? The three previous films have amassed $1.9 billion worldwide. This time they are looking at screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to revitalize the franchise, which they have quite a bit of experience with. The pair are responsible for salvaging the Planet of the Apes franchise with their refreshing script for Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Jurassic Park 4 will be produced by Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy. At the moment no director is attached. Kathleen Kennedy in last December said that the film could be released either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015. Til then Universal is re-releasing the original Jurassic Park in 3D on July 19, 2013.

UPDATE: Set-Photos of Angelina Jolie As Maleficent

new%203.jpg

From the Doctor Who Facebook Page:

"Very sad to confirm that Caroline John, who played companion Liz Shaw in 1970, has passed away."

Hugh Jackman In The Process Of Prepping For His Return As Wolverine

Hugh Jackman is busy working out in Barcelona gyms to get in shape for his role in director James Mangold's The Wolverine. And the recent photo (below) of Hugh shows him looking ripped as ever. The actor, who has been busy filming Les Miserables, took time-off from his gym regime to speak at 20th Century Fox International’s CineEurope presentation in Barcelona, Spain. He described his role as mutant Wolverine as being "the backbone of my [movie] career".

At one point it was indicated that shooting on the berserker mutant's next outing was to begin in 2011. Unfortunately, as a result of Hugh's commitment to Les Miserables, the commencement date was delayed. However, he did tell the theatre on Wednesday (June 20) that filming on The Wolverine will begin in "about 6 weeks". He also stated that he is excited to get his claws into the character again because he believes that "there's that great movie to be made that defines his character.".

The script, written by Christopher McQuarrie and Mark Bomback, is said to depict Logan heading to Japan where hr encounters The Silver Samurai. The story takes inpiration from the 1982 series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.

Another term which Hugh used and one which we have heard being thrown around a bit is "badass". X-Men Origins: Wolverine was received generally negatively by fans. Nevertheless, fans have been promised that the new Wolverine movie will be far more berserker and badass than before.

So far there is no other casting news on who will star alongside Hugh. The film is scheduled for release on July 26, 2013.

THE WALKING DEAD Season 3 To Feature "A Lot More Killing"

Victor Scalise must love his job. He is the visual director for The Walking Dead's special effects department and in this new featurette from AMC, he shows us how he and the rest of the team increase the intensity of the show using CGI walkers, landscapes and more.

BRAVE Director Mark Andrews Looks Back At JOHN CARTER And Expresses Interest In Sequels

John Carter divided critics and failed to make a significant impact at the box office, but what does Brave director Mark Andrews make of this? After all, he did play a role in the early brainstorming stages of when the film was conceived (which he describes as, "a crazy experience") and told The Playlist recently that he believes most of the blame lies with Disney. "I was in denial for quite a bit and the studio pulled the plug on it a little prematurely and I think there were some mistakes in marketing. It was like 'Give it a chance! This thing is struggling to find itself! Hold on a little longer!' I think, ultimately, what's really interesting now is that it's the #1 pirated movie of all time. I think all the bad press has given it this mystique." Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it!

As for a sequel to the film, Andrews remains optimistic that he and director Andrew Stanton will re-team to work on a follow-up despite the fact that many have declared the film one of the biggest box office flops of all-time. "It's going to get its legs back and me and Andrew aren't done with that story yet and we really want to do two and three. There's some great stuff for John Carter as a hero to deal with in the future. We're ready to go. As soon as somebody from Disney says, 'We want 'John Carter 2,'' we'd be right there." He also tells the site that Michael Chabon would be brought back to co-write any future films, although with the mixed critical response to Brave, only time will tell whether Andrews will also be involved with any of Disney's future projects

Aldis Hodge Wants To Lead Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

Since news broke that Marvel Studios' 2014 Captain America sequel may be followed by a big-screen adaptation of The Black Panther, potential T'Challa contenders have been modestly campaigning for the King of Wakanda. Via Examiner, the latest is actor Aldis Hodge. When asked if he favored a comic book series, Hodge replied:

"Growing up I was a fan of Black Panther and X-Men comic books. I was also a huge Batman fan. There’s recently been a little buzz online about Marvel pushing for Black Panther, and I’ve been in love with the idea for years. I want the fans to know that the one role I really want to play is Black Panther. I grew up loving the Marvel world, and grew up on martial arts. I still train. When Black Panther came around, he was almost like an African American Batman."

Aldis Hodge, 25, is best known for his Alec Hardison role on the TNT Leverage TV series, which landed him a Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Television. He has also appeared in Supernatural among many shows. And he currently has two films, The East and Lives of the Saints, in production.

Anthony Mackie Interested In BLACK PANTHER Role

"I was hoping I would be the Incredible Hulk, but that didn't work out," Mackie replied, laughing. "I would love to be a part of it. I love Black Panther and I love the story behind it. It would be cool to be a part of it."

UPDATE: In a separate interview with The Daily Beast, Anthony Mackie further expressed interest in the role of T'Challa, in addition to a potential, and suspected, direction the film could head.

If Black Panther is made into a movie, I would love for it to be along the lines of Batman. It has to be an adult action hero. I would love to be a part of it, though, and I would sign on to it today.

Anthony Mackie, 32, is personally one of my top 5 casting choices for T'Challa. Although the majority of his filmography doesn't exactly deem him fit for the role, hes dealt with action in The Hurt Locker. Anyhow, he's currently filming Pain and Gain with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson & Mark Wahlberg. What do you think?

Created by writer-editor Stan Lee & penciller-co-plotter Jack Kirby, “The Black Panther” (T'Challa) first appeared in “Fantastic Four #52,” and is the first black superhero in mainstream American comics. Back in January of 2011, Hollywood trades revealed that documentary writer Mark Bailey (“Ghosts of Abu Ghraib”) was hired to pen a live-action screenplay focused on the Wakandan king, for Marvel Studios. And recent claims indicate that “The Black Panther” adaptation could officiate Walt Disney Pictures' currently-untitled June 27, 2014 release date.

Say What? FLASH GORDON Star Now A Bodyguard In Mexico

What’s it like doing security work in Mexico right now? It seems a little scary at the moment.

It can be for somebody who’s not paying attention, who’s not using common sense. It could be very scary. It’s all perception. Don’t present yourself as a soft target. When we’re in these environments where it’s the real deal, we are traveling hard. We’re in armored vehicles. They look like normal sedans or SUVs, but they are armored. And we’re traveling hard and we’re traveling fast. With that said, most of the time we’re traveling low profile. We’re not putting up red flags. There are times when we have some dignitaries when we have to travel in a huge motorcade with weapons out the windows and stuff like that. But usually we stay under the radar. In other words, we don’t give the bad guys any opportunity. They’re watching us. We’re not stupid. They’re assessing, saying, “Well let me see, if I decide to hit this motorcade or this convoy, what are my percentages of success?” When they look at us and they know our training, they can only come up with one conclusion: it’s going to be a 20 to 30 to 40 percent chance, if that. So they’re not going to mess with us. And that’s not a macho statement. It’s just in the training. It’s just how we present ourselves.

What might you see that would make you turn around?

Okay, we’re at a major intersection in Tijuana and you look around at your situational awareness and you see the taco stand, everybody is doing their behavior that they’re supposed to be doing. You’ve got a couple next to you in a car who are kissing, a couple on your left who are arguing, you have people crossing the street, normal behavior. Why is there a pickup truck parked with two people in it and they’re not talking, their heads are not moving, and why are there a couple of SUVs across the street not moving? Well, I don’t know. But I’m not going to continue. I’m going to turn around. In other words, bad guys are usually bad actors. Seriously. They don’t know how to commit to the character that they’re doing.

Have clients ever recognized you from your acting?

They figure out after a while, but I separate the security industry from the film industry. When they find out that I was Flash Gordon and in the film business for years, that’s okay once I’ve already proven myself as a security professional. But when I start a project and people say, “Wait a minute, time out: you’re saying that we have a former superhero and/or actor in the movie business who’s protecting the lives of my family and me? Something’s wrong here.” [Laughs] I had a big, big successful executive at a major [movie] studio. I had been protecting him for about a year. Then he put it together. He said, “Oh my God, I know exactly who you are. I trust you with my life! Thank God I knew you as a security professional before I found out you were Flash Gordon.”

Viggo Mortensen Offered Lead In THE LAST VOYAGE OF THE DEMETER

last we heard, Dog Soldiers director Neil Marshall was attached to helm The last Voyage Of The Demeter - the story of the doomed the ship that carried Dracula’s coffin from Transylvania to England - for Millennium Films. Sir Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace were also said to be on board as the ship's captain and a stowaway named Anna Billington, but nothing was ever officially confirmed.

demeter.jpg

Now Bloody Disgusting report that both actors "may" still be attached, and that Viggo Mortenson has been offered the lead role of Henry Clemens. The site also reporst that the latest script draft by Lowell Cauffiel will "place the voyage center stage in a tale that is reminiscent of the first movie in the Alien franchise, in which a crew is slaughtered one-by-one by a mysterious passenger."

If that cast comes together, I would definitely be very interested to see this one. Vampire stories are a dime a dozen these days, and there are another 2 or 3 Dracula themed flicks either in production or at the planning stages as it is, but this sounds like it could be an original take on things.

First Official Trailer For ALEX CROSS Debuts!

Crusading Detective/Psychologist Alex Cross (Tyler Perry) meets his match when he goes against psychotic, mob "hit man", Michael "The Butcher" Sullivan (Matthew Fox). As Cross investigates the hit man's gruesome murders, Sullivan decides to send him a deadly message by killing his wife in cold blood. Enraged, Cross vows to hunt down the killer, if it's the last thing he does. However, Sullivan is a mastermind and continues to evade Cross while pushing him to an ethical breaking point as a cop and father. As Cross closes in on the killer, he discovers evidence that points to the unimaginable- a revelation that can change everything. Also starring Rachel Nichols, Edward Burns, Jean Reno, and Cicely Tyson, Alex Cross hits theaters October 19, 2012!

Noooo!

Ryan Reynolds Officially Cast As The HIGHLANDER

A while ago we heard that Lionsgate were after Ryan Reynolds to play the lead role in their planned remake/reboot of Highlander. Back then word was that the actor was the front-runner and both parties were keen to work together, but that it was still in the negotiation stages and he was free to pursue other projects. Well, according to The Tracking Board..

After roughly a month of negotiations, Ryan Reynolds has officially been cast in the lead role for HIGHLANDER. Reynolds will play Conner MacLeod, a Highlander who discovers he is one of a dwindling group of immortals who wander the earth and kill each other in combat for the final “Prize”

STARSHIP TROOPERS Reboot To Be Less Violent According To Producer Toby Jaffe

"The more expensive a film is, the harder it is now to make it that violent," explains Jaffe, also one of the team behind the Colin Farrell's Total Recall. "With Recall in particular, we made a conscious choice to keep it tonally closer to something like Minority Report. It gives the studio, and us as producers, the opportunity to reintroduce it in a new way."

"Verhoeven made his movie a critique of fascism," says Jaffe, "whereas Heinlein was writing from the perspective of someone who had served in World War II. Y'know, one man's fascism is another man's patriotism..."

"Working in a visual-efects renaissance as we are, we have the ability to do so much more now. We can do the Jump Suits [armoured exoskeletons from Heinlein's novel], for example, which I don't think they could have done before."

New BEAUTY & THE BEAST Extended Trailer Featuring SMALLVILLE's Kristen Kreuk

On Thursdays this Fall the CW network will unleash one of it's best comedies in years! Check out the hilarious extended trailer for their new show Beauty & The Beast. The show has made the marvelous decision to make their Beast not look like a beast. Clearly the Disney and Ron Perlman versions of the tale got it completely wrong. On top of that they have an adorable actress that is 5 foot 3 inches small kicking the ever living snot out of full grown thugs. Awesome! I'm telling you CW hasn't had a comedy this good since Aliens in America! I can't understand why CW consistently finishes in sixth place in total viewers? It's a mystery!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62453

A new viral site called ProjectPrometheus.com has launched and takes fans to a "Careers" page featuring three new viral videos from Weyland Corporation employees. Only the video below (featuring Jamie Rossi, a "nanotechnologist") is currently available, although the next two are sure to follow soon after. However, the most interesting part is that fact that the end of the video reveals the URL, ProjectPrometheus.com/SDCC. There's nothing there just yet, but as any self respecting comic book fan should know, "SDCC" stands for the San Diego Comic Con (taking place next month). Looks like the story of Prometheus is far from over...

Matt Damon to Return to ‘Bourne’ Franchise? | XFINITY Movie Blog by Comcast

Damon and Renner to Team Up in Fifth Bourne Movie?

Empire talked to The Bourne Legacy director/co-writer Tony Gilroy, producer Frank Marshall and star Jeremy Renner.

Renner told the magazine that his character, Aaron Cross, is "coming from a completely different background to Jason [Bourne]. He knows exactly who he is; he signed up to this...He wants to be part of a team. I can tell you he was in the military then he joined the [program]. He's a person who wants to be part of something... to have a sense of purpose. But then it's taken away."

Marshall, however, dropped the more interesting bit: "You see there are several different [programs] in the movie with different skill sets. All possibilities are open. My dream is that in the next one we see Matt and Jeremy team up."

That would be quite something. The action thriller, also starring Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, opens in theaters on August 10
fifthbourne.jpg

Back