• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

3-31-03 NHL Update

Rusty

FTW
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Friday Nights Scores
Maple Leafs 5 vs Islanders 2
Devils 1 vs Thrashers 1
Blackhawks 3 vs Wild 4
Canadiens 1 vs Sabres 4
Blue Jackets 0 vs Oilers 4
Capitals 3 vs Senators 2

Saturday's Scores
Rangers 3 vs Bruins 1
Senators 3 vs Canadiens 1
Panthers 1 vs Lightning 1
Blue Jackets 6 vs Flames 4
Thrashers 3 vs Predators 2
Penguins 0 vs Flyers 3
Sabres 3 vs Hurricanes 1
Capitals 3 vs Maple Leafs 4
Stars 4 vs Sharks 3
Canucks 5 vs Kings 1
Coyotes 1 vs Avalanche 6
Red Wings 6 vs Blues 2

Sunday's Scores
Islanders 0 vs Devils 6
Oilers 4 vs Blackhawks 4
Canucks 1 vs Mighty Ducks 3

Tonights Schedule
Thrashers vs Rangers
Flyers vs Penguins
Sharks vs Avalanche
Kings vs Coyotes
Sabres vs Stars
Oilers vs Blues
Predators vs Red Wings
Canadiens vs Hurricanes
Flames vs Wild
Lightning vs Bruins

NHL Standings

ST. LOUIS (Ticker) -- The Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues tuned up for the playoffs in more ways than one.

Brett Hull registered his 33rd career hat trick and Pavel Datsyuk had a goal and three assists as the Red Wings posted a 6-2 triumph in a brawl-filled contest with the Blues, sweeping the five-game season series for the first time.

Hull, who spent more than 10 seasons with St. Louis, opened the scoring midway through the first period, chipping a pass from rookie Henrik Zetterberg past former Red Wing Chris Osgood. He tallied twice in the final four minutes - which were filled with numerous fights - to raise his team-leading goal total to 36.

It was the second hat trick in seven games for Hull, who signed a one-year contract extension Thursday.

Sergei Fedorov and defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom also scored for the Red Wings, who lead the Western Conference with 104 points and have just three losses in their last 22 games.

St. Louis defenseman Chris Pronger played more than 16 minutes and scored in his season debut. The former Hart and Norris Trophy winner had been sidelined after undergoing knee and wrist surgery following last season's Western Conference semifinals against Detroit.

"It felt good," Pronger said of his wrist. "Never had pain, not once. I just won't be playing back-to-back games."

Pronger got the Blues within 2-1 late in the first period, ripping a slap shot from the top of the right faceoff circle past goalie Manny Legace. But the long layoff showed as he was on the ice for five of Detroit's six goals.

"I didn't handle the puck the way I would have liked," Pronger said. "The first period was a little shaky. I guess for a first game, that's something you can use and build on."

Valeri Bure also played his first game with the Blues since he was acquired from Florida at the trade deadline. Bure nearly made it a successful debut, putting a shot off the crossbar early in the second period.

Tyson Nash scored to get the Blues within 3-2 at 12:22, but Fedorov restored Detroit's two-goal lead 51 seconds later with a blast over Osgood's glove.

The game took a turn in the final 10 minutes as the teams combined for 243 minutes in penalties. In the final minute, 13 players received misconducts, including St. Louis rookie defenseman Barret Jackman and Luc Robitaille of the Red Wings.

"We were frustrated," Jackman said. "There were a few guys that were taking some liberties out there. We just wanted to show them that the next time we meet, it's going to be a battle."

"It was probably just frustration that the game got out of hand, down 6-2," St. Louis coach Joel Quenneville added. "Probably the result of our regular-season frustration against that team.

It was an emotional game."

Robitaille voiced his displeasure with the Blues' antics.

"It's an embarrassment for the league," he said. "They always talk about this stuff and then go out and do that. It was obvious from the beginning of the third when we got a two-goal lead, when (Reed) Low was going after Mac (Darren McCarty).

After two or three times, they end up fighting. A game on national TV, there's no need for that."

Yeah, baby!!!!!

Of course, I got stuck watching the goddamn Bruins/Rangers game Saturday. :rolleyes:

Dude, you missed the game of the year...............Fight city in St. Louis Saturday. There were so many fights, I lost track. McCarty ended up mid Ice without a shirt on, and still standing.

DAMMIT, I MISSED IT! All I saw were highlights. I saw Shanny get away with slashng a dude in the mouth. :D

That was only the tip of the ice, pardon the pun. St. Louis was out for blood. I would say that the Blues caused 90% of the fights. And Hull came up with another hat trick. It was truley an awsome game for Detroit. You really missed a good scoring game. With lots of action.

Back