• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Slimming work out for female!

Hypertrophy1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So here is the deal my wife just started going to the gym with me! She is trying to loose the baby weight and tone up! The problem is she wants a routine for a female! So if anyone ca help it will be greatly appreciated!

She is trying to slim down after having our children. So something pretty basic would be cool I just don't know for a woman so if someone could help it would be cool!

How frequently is she wanting to workout?

Men and women don't train differently. The difference is in her macros and amount of cardio.

She has been going about five days a week! I know she should be doing lighter weight more reps. Are there routines designed to develop a woman's physique as apposed to man! I know I see a lot of women doing a lot of exercises I wouldn't be caught dead doing! I want her to have her own routine so she feels like it's all hers!

I'm not sure what you mean by "lighter weight, higher reps", unless you're getting fitness advice from Cosmo.

Men and women don't train differently. She needs to track her macros to lose weight. Any routine a male would use to cut and preserve muscle is what she should use.

Ya I jus don't want my woman to look like a man so I was thinking to my self, well I guess she probably shouldn't do my work out!

yep, she'll probably end up looking like a guy if she does your workout. sorry, bro. can't help anymore.

"Slimming" means reducing size. For a woman with baby weight, losing that baby weight and reducing her total body fat will accomplish that.

In my opinion, the same workout a man would do to reduce their total body fat will do the same for women. It would take your average woman months and months of intensive sustained training to make the kind of muscular gains that would increase her body size, and that is just not even a concern for her.

I recommend a simple three day split with mostly compound exercises, and three or four weekly cardio sessions. I hate cardio machines personally, but cardio kickboxing/outdoor biking are fun and a good way to increase endurance and decrease body fat.

Ya I jus don't want my woman to look like a man so I was thinking to my self, well I guess she probably shouldn't do my work out!

Your woman can't look like a man just from working out. Physiologically impossible. I do the same workout a man would do.

I'm not sure what you mean by "lighter weight, higher reps", unless you're getting fitness advice from Cosmo.

Men and women don't train differently. She needs to track her macros to lose weight. Any routine a male would use to cut and preserve muscle is what she should use.

While this is great advice, a fitness novice is probably not going to track their macros, as someone who is already well versed and in good shape would need to do to reach their (considerably higher than average) goals.

Luckily, someone in her position can see tremendous improvement with training, and then with increasing fruit and vegetable intake and eliminating added sugars.

IML Gear Cream!
my wife loves doing circuit training for weightloss

most women get bored doing the heavy one bodypart a day crap

but the way we did it doesnt take long...there is some strength involved....get your hear going

even a beginner can do it

let her combine cardio and weights..start with 10 mns treadmill then switch to 5 minutes weights doing one or two body parts high reps
then switch to 3-5 minutes elliptical then again 5 minutes weights then 5 minutes bike etc...
a 45 minutes workout like that would really get her in shape while losing extra weight

While this is great advice, a fitness novice is probably not going to track their macros, as someone who is already well versed and in good shape would need to do to reach their (considerably higher than average) goals.

Luckily, someone in her position can see tremendous improvement with training, and then with increasing fruit and vegetable intake and eliminating added sugars.

fitday.com
myfitnesspal.com

it's not hard. tracking macros goes hand in hand with learning about proper nutrition. fitness is made in a gym, physique happens based on what you eat. if someone is motivated enough to go to the gym 5 days/week, they should be motivated enough to make a food log. especially novice's looking for results to maintain motivation.

Jmedic giving good advice here^^^ Fitday.com is user friendly, the wife and I use it (separate accounts) together and we keep each other in check by both of us being on the same regimen, comparing our cals for the day, etc... we are both involved in each others "daily food biz" which makes it fun and helps motivation by doing it together, I hope that made sense...

imo, if you're not keeping count of what you eat, you're wasting your time.

For a newb I always highly recommend the BODY FOR LIFE book - it has a very doable diet & 3 day training split w/ HIIT cardio on the opposite days, none of it geared towards spending a lot of extra time in the gym. What I like about this book is that it is an easy read but gives an explanation of "how" nutrition works as well a guidelines for a diet (as opposed to a strict meal plan). For a complete program w/ explanations of "how" and "why", I think it is a good place to start where she won't be getting piecemeal recommendations in a thread online. Diet is important to "get results", and the training aspect of it - where she might be looking for the components to put together or change as she needs, this gives all the tools.

Additionally, use of fitday.com gives a way to at least baseline a meal plan and then to make changes if / as needed.

I'm pretty good with diet that is moving way too fast for my girl baby steps right now! I want to ease her into a strict regament!

what are "macros"? I too am trying to lose a few lbs..(in my 130's want to be in my 120's) but know putting on muscle means putting on weight. How do I lose weight while weight training?

"Macro" is a term referring to macro nutrients. They are protein, fat, and carbohydrates. The micro nutrients being those smaller ones like vitamins and minerals.

You should not care about weight. What you should care about is fat. Gaining muscle will drastically improve the curves on a woman and give the appearance of nice tight butt, waist, hamstrings, shoulders, and arms. Do not be so focused on the scale and losing overall weight. Gaining pounds of muscle is good. More muscle means higher metabolism and more fat burning.

What makes you want to get to 120lbs specifically anyways? Who says you will be happy with the way you look just because you are 120lbs? You found your way onto a bodybuilding forum, so you must have better goals than to just drop 10lbs of overall weight.

IML Gear Cream!
Thank you for your quick reply. I just thought for my height 120'a would be best. But like I said I know muscle weighs more than fat so....
I have been eating a lot of chicken, ground turkey, fruits & veggies.
Your right... I need to stop focusing on the scale. Thanks

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it's simply more dense so it takes up less room.

1lb of fat weighs exactly the same as 1lb of muscle, trust me ;)

Yes, Proper dieting with low fat food or home made food, do regular exercise of body parts, do meditation .

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it's simply more dense so it takes up less room.

1lb of fat weighs exactly the same as 1lb of muscle, trust me ;)

Right, and if you take a bowl and fill it with milk and take the same bowl and fill it with muscle, the muscle will weigh more...the muscle is denser. Obviously 1 lb. of anything weighs exactly the same as 1 lb. of anything else.

I see nothing wrong with doing low weights/high reps. Girls respond well to this kind of workout. Of course, doing a basic "manly" workout is very advantageous, too. If she works out with you, then take her through your basic routine, then send her off to the machines for some high rep work. She could alternate between those 2 types of workouts or do them in the same workout. I had fabulous growth, density, striads with high rep work on machines and dumbbells but I went to failure every set, every exercise. I rarely used more than 20 lbs. dumbbells and got in contest shape. Legs were a bit different. It's also easier to do supersets with lower weights, which is great endurance training. She needs to find out what works for her and just lifting like a man is not always the quickest or the best or the only way to go, imo.

Back