• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

junk food vs no food

jimm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
lets just say for some unknown curcumstance you were unable to get to your normal healthy food choice for your diet and were say out somewere got stuck out there longer then expected for eg.. and you had the choice between say eating nothing or eating junk food like a mc d's or burger king or kfc :) what would you do?

say no becasue its "bad food" and go hungry untill you could get a healthy bb meal or just go nuts in maccas?

I would eat something small at whatever place you are at.....theres nothing wrong with eating a mcdouble at mcdonalds to hold you over, but ordering a big mac + large fries and large drink will hurt you.

There's no reason most people can't carry some kind of snack with them, but in dire situations you just pick the best thing that you can. :)

eat a angus wrap or something small to hold you over for a few hours. Most "junk food" places have decent things you can order. Wendys has chili, chicken salads, etc. there are subway's all over the place. Eating a Big Mac combo and a apple pie is not a good choice.

I saw a guy order (2) combo meals from Arby's. I thought he was ordering for a friend but he ate both of them. lol. yes he was fat.

lets just say for some unknown curcumstance you were unable to get to your normal healthy food choice for your diet and were say out somewere got stuck out there longer then expected for eg.. and you had the choice between say eating nothing or eating junk food like a mc d's or burger king or kfc :) what would you do?

say no becasue its "bad food" and go hungry untill you could get a healthy bb meal or just go nuts in maccas?

Happens to me all the time when traveling. This is why I have fitday loaded on my laptop so I can track macros & calories and adjust when I can eat right.
Short answer is: no starving is never good unless you are on a planned fasting diet.

if im tryin to gain weight i will eat McDonalds before i miss a meal. if im cutting i will absolutely go without

Eat the burgers, but skip the fries and sodas. Hamburgers or cheeseburgers are best, no fatty sauces, just meat and bun. Avoid fast food joint sauces like the plague!

Eat with efficiency not overeating. Keep the space for water or any other drink . Skipping food is not solution of fitness and good health.

Id eat whatever there was if I was hungry. A single meal isnt going fuck you up.

never want to go hungry for too long a period-catabolic

IML Gear Cream!
Saturated fats and trans fats, like those found in junk food, get dispersed throughout your body and can lead to fat build-up in your blood, thereby increasing your blood pressure.

lol i love kfc's ;)

:coffee:

Happens to me all the time when traveling. This is why I have fitday loaded on my laptop so I can track macros & calories and adjust when I can eat right.
Short answer is: no starving is never good unless you are on a planned fasting diet.

Here's my answer to traveling (tho I suspect the simple volume of food that you vs what I eat might present some challenges for you):
- I always pack good travel stuff that will cover me in a pinch if I'm stuck in an airport, worse yet, stuck on a plane on delayed take-off, stuck at an airport overnight or just caught starving w/ no immediate options:
-- pouches of tuna
-- protein bars
-- baggie of protein mix+ scoop
-- baggie of oatmeal
-- baggie of almonds or cashews

^^ that stuff is PERFECT to have with you. I also keep a small collection of plastic silverware.

I always try to get a hotel room w/ a mini-fridge and a microwave.

If I can, I'll find a nearby grocery store and get enough stuff to cover most of my meals - if its salad, a tupperware bowl, precooked chicken cuts, some fruit, some water, etc.

I can't stand going into restaurants alone and usually feel sick after eating fast food so I avoid those situations where I can. If you're stuck w/ McDonalds or something, you should still usually be able to find a "clean" meal. I'm more likely to go to a sandwich shop than burger joint if I have a choice, because at least I know what is going into my food. Greasy burgers just make me feel sick and frankly leaves my skin so greasy that I have to go clean my contact lenses.

A perfect example of a foodless situation - I was in Chicago for work, staying in a hotel downtown. Apparently the hotels in Chicago don't have stuff like you'd find at a Marriott Courtyard or something. No fridge, no microwave, not even a coffee maker. (I've been known to make oatmeal in the coffee pot!) Further, because I was downtown, most everything closed, including the Walgreens on the corner, by 6 pm and nothing was open over the weekend except the expensive restaurant next to the hotel. The one breakfast I had in that restaurant, I got my hand slapped when I submitted my travel expenses for spending too much, and it was the cheapest item on the menu. So, to that end, I hit a drug store that was open near my office during the day and picked up some fruit. I made oatmeal + protein mix + cut fruit for breakfast in my room for most of the 6 days I was in Chicago and then picked up some coffee on the way into work. I got lunch at work / wherever. Dinner, several times ended up being a pouch of tuna and more fruit because the choices were spend $$ at the restaurant or nothing, because stuff had already closed. Once I realized how early the places were closing, I also made a point to pick up a good sandwich during the day so I'd have something more than tuna for dinner. But either way, I was covered for all my meals and didn't break the bank, and didn't get caught having the choice of eating shit or not eating.

I'm not saying you need to travel w/ an extra suitcase of food, and I've never really been caught in this situation before because I don't typically go to locations that are in the middle of big cities, but I managed very well. At a min, I carry enough for a couple food emergencies - I always assume the stupid shit is going to happen going to or coming from my destination - caught somewhere in the airport or on a plane. But I can also be comfortable when I do get hungry - even if its a meeting that runs too long or whatever. I'm a miserable bitch on wheels when I get hungry, so I just make damn sure I never get caught w/o something decent to eat.

It obviously depends on whether i were cutting or bulking. If i were cutting thered be no point in eating the junk. Id just stay fasted for the time being and lose a bit more fat in the process.

Depends and you can always find something halfway decent in most places nowadays. Chicken strips, chicken salad, etc. I think just about any burger besides mcdonalds is probably not that bad. mcdonalds is total garbage except the actual chicken strips.

Depends and you can always find something halfway decent in most places nowadays. Chicken strips, chicken salad, etc. I think just about any burger besides mcdonalds is probably not that bad. mcdonalds is total garbage except the actual chicken strips.

i dont know if they have them in the US but in mcdonalds in uk they have something called a Mc chicken ledgend.. if i get anything its that!

kfc its a zinger burger with salsa hands down haha

but yeah im doing my first cut now so the temptation is high i should really stop talking about kfc's

Wicked zinger tower box meal go large with beans and a bottle of water...sounds good for my cheat meal!

Id rather eat fastfood than go catabolic.

Order like 4 crispy chicken sammiches with extra lettuce and tomato from the wendy's dollar menu. Ask for a packet of italian vinaigrette.

1) Remove the buns

2) Set aside all of your lettuce and tomatos.

3) Take the chicken and wrap in napkins. Squeeze some of the oil off.

4) chop up the chicken and mix in the lettuce/tomato. Add dressing.

You now have a halfway decent meal while on the road for under $5

Order like 4 crispy chicken sammiches with extra lettuce and tomato from the wendy's dollar menu. Ask for a packet of italian vinaigrette.

1) Remove the buns

Might do that for a cheat meal one of these days

Here's my answer to traveling (tho I suspect the simple volume of food that you vs what I eat might present some challenges for you):
- I always pack good travel stuff that will cover me in a pinch if I'm stuck in an airport, worse yet, stuck on a plane on delayed take-off, stuck at an airport overnight or just caught starving w/ no immediate options:
-- pouches of tuna
-- protein bars
-- baggie of protein mix+ scoop
-- baggie of oatmeal
-- baggie of almonds or cashews

^^ that stuff is PERFECT to have with you. I also keep a small collection of plastic silverware.

I always try to get a hotel room w/ a mini-fridge and a microwave.

If I can, I'll find a nearby grocery store and get enough stuff to cover most of my meals - if its salad, a tupperware bowl, precooked chicken cuts, some fruit, some water, etc.

I can't stand going into restaurants alone and usually feel sick after eating fast food so I avoid those situations where I can. If you're stuck w/ McDonalds or something, you should still usually be able to find a "clean" meal. I'm more likely to go to a sandwich shop than burger joint if I have a choice, because at least I know what is going into my food. Greasy burgers just make me feel sick and frankly leaves my skin so greasy that I have to go clean my contact lenses.

A perfect example of a foodless situation - I was in Chicago for work, staying in a hotel downtown. Apparently the hotels in Chicago don't have stuff like you'd find at a Marriott Courtyard or something. No fridge, no microwave, not even a coffee maker. (I've been known to make oatmeal in the coffee pot!) Further, because I was downtown, most everything closed, including the Walgreens on the corner, by 6 pm and nothing was open over the weekend except the expensive restaurant next to the hotel. The one breakfast I had in that restaurant, I got my hand slapped when I submitted my travel expenses for spending too much, and it was the cheapest item on the menu. So, to that end, I hit a drug store that was open near my office during the day and picked up some fruit. I made oatmeal + protein mix + cut fruit for breakfast in my room for most of the 6 days I was in Chicago and then picked up some coffee on the way into work. I got lunch at work / wherever. Dinner, several times ended up being a pouch of tuna and more fruit because the choices were spend $$ at the restaurant or nothing, because stuff had already closed. Once I realized how early the places were closing, I also made a point to pick up a good sandwich during the day so I'd have something more than tuna for dinner. But either way, I was covered for all my meals and didn't break the bank, and didn't get caught having the choice of eating shit or not eating.

I'm not saying you need to travel w/ an extra suitcase of food, and I've never really been caught in this situation before because I don't typically go to locations that are in the middle of big cities, but I managed very well. At a min, I carry enough for a couple food emergencies - I always assume the stupid shit is going to happen going to or coming from my destination - caught somewhere in the airport or on a plane. But I can also be comfortable when I do get hungry - even if its a meeting that runs too long or whatever. I'm a miserable bitch on wheels when I get hungry, so I just make damn sure I never get caught w/o something decent to eat.

I thank you for this, as I have gotten caught up in the whirlwind and had very little next to nothing in my system; I have now an idea, that I can go to the store rather than eat that junk food crap!

IML Gear Cream!
Eat the burgers, but skip the fries and sodas. Hamburgers or cheeseburgers are best, no fatty sauces, just meat and bun. Avoid fast food joint sauces like the plague!

THIS^^^ i even just go pure patty and bun now when in the crunch. i dont trust their tomato/lettuce anymroe than their condiments. Eating a McD's burger in the crunch is better than starving. Just skip the soda and fries

1) Remove the buns

Right. Or remove some of the breading if you can, if you have the time. I've done this with chicken sandwiches...some brands of breaded food you can scrape off breading and some you can't.
Could save alot of b.s. calories...

i dont know if they have them in the US but in mcdonalds in uk they have something called a Mc chicken ledgend.. if i get anything its that!

kfc its a zinger burger with salsa hands down haha

but yeah im doing my first cut now so the temptation is high i should really stop talking about kfc's

I've heard of it or seen it mentioned either on TV or on here or some forum. I haven't seen them locally, so i don't know. But my question is is it the processed shit from a tube or actual flesh. The chicken planks/fingers or whatever is actual muscle fiber...at least.

If I absolutely have to I will get McDonald chicken nuggets and rip the breading off and eat that.... If it's good enough for usain bolt it is for me

^^^lol he got them black man genetics tho its unfair boooo haha (im not racist btw)

Back