• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

F%CK...spring shows may be out!!!

gopro

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am so dissapointed right now guys and gals. Everything was right on target for me to compete in a May 31 and June 7 show...that is, until yesterday!

I was having a brilliant leg workout and then it happened. On my second set of stiff leg deadlifts (I already did quads at this point) I was cruising along with 315 lbs, intending on 12-15 reps. On rep 6 or 7 my left hamstring went POP! It was so loud that someone about 15 feet away heard it loud and clear.

I dropped the weight and curled into a little ball on the ground. I layed there sick to my stomach at the thought of what just happened...the pain didn't even register yet...but my GOD, it did about 30 minutes later!!

I have to go for an MRI, but the way it feels and the noise it made indicates a tear...how bad is the question.

Either way, my early contest plans look like they are all f#cked up. I am very depresses about this.

Just had to share...

GP! Bro, I am sorry to hear this. Keep your head up. You'll be back before you know it and that pro card will be yours!

Keep us updated..........Hope it's just a tear. I know that don't sound good to you right now, but I'll pray for ya.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Sorry to hear GP! :(

Take care of it and soon you'll be back! There are always other shows... later in the year?

Take care!

Thanks everyone for your concern...it really is appreciated. Right now I will continue to train my upper body and will stay on my diet. Cardio and legs are out for now, so I will make my diet even tighter. There are a couple of pro qualifiers later in the year...AND I WILL BE ONSTAGE FOR THEM.

I'm just really upset this happened and need to just get my head back on straight and work through it.

Thanks again guys...

Un lucky gp,hope everything is fine on the mri,best a luck to you.Keep your head up man you be back kicking ass soon!

Thanks kidda. The MRI shows exactly what I thought it would! A severe tear of the semitendenosis muscle of my left hamstring. It is really starting to bruise now, and looks nasty. I predict that I will be unable to train my legs hard for about 6-8 weeks. This really really sucks, but I will use this time to work harder on my upper body weakpoints and I will continue a stringent diet. My goal now is the NATURALMANIA PRO QUALIFIER this September.

Awwww crap, that really sucks GP, I know you'll work through it though but its still a pain in the ass when you've got plans but at least they can be readjusted.

shit man, that is always bad news. hope it isn't anything that you can't work out in a short amount of time. I am dealin and working through a few injuries myself so I know how it goes, but stay up and listen to your body. god luck dogg and be careful, you'll be back before you know it!

Damn GP!!
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you feel alright and it doesn't hurt to bad. I wish for a speedy recovery for you and heal well.

Good luck man, I hope all goes well for you!

You'll be back bigger and better, no doubt! :thumb:

What comp were you training for?

I know it sounds silly, but this injury really has me down...and that is the reason why I posted this...hearing the support and the well wishes from all of you does make me feel a little better. This is a scary injury for someone like me. When it happened I wasn't thinking about the excruciating pain, but what this could mean to my "career" as a bodybuilder. Sometimes torn muscles never heal right and the muscle forever looks damaged and forever is weakened, making normal training of the area difficult. I have worked very hard through the years to get where I'm at, and thinking for just a second that all that hard work may be down the drain is very frightening. I know that turning pro in the WNBF is nothing like being an IFBB pro, but it would be the crowning moment of a very long and difficult journey for me...a moment that I feel I am very close to, and one that I am afraid to never see. This injury probably will heal soon, but its been a scary experience.

To answer your question Prince...I have no idea why it happened. I think I am pushing even harder now, and when you couple that with less calorie/fat/carb intake, you are more suceptible to injury. I am also 34 years old now, and probably training harder than when I was 24. Older and more worn tendon/ligament/cartilage means better chance of injury.

To answer your question TCD...I WAS training for the Hercules Super Pro Qualifier, June 7th.

Missfourtens happen in training and in life. I'll be the first person to tell you "Shit Happens, Deal with it" My life has taken a sudden plung since the start of this year. For what was once thought of me being a dominating natural powerlifter, not comes down to me being nothing short but a brain. So far this year I've had a near career ending shoulder injury from football, I was expecting to bench press over 405lbs this March, Id also be Squatting and deadlifting both in the high 500-600 range by States this year. Now on the 19th i lost a dear friend and mentor Mel Siff, who was the most intellectual and the worlds most leading figure in sports and exercise science. Now iam faced with a life threatening blood problem that is passed down by my family. The doctor told me to basicly give up training or else my blood pressure would raise so high id black out, go into a coma or if iam lucky death. Will i stop training? Certainly not! Like I said.. Shit happens!

Kc

Thanks for that post fortified. Yeah, I know shit happens and I appreciate you sharing what you did. I hope that everything turns out ok for you, and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I will do just as you are doing...push on in the face of adversity.

Thanks again...

Just for the record, I did NOT mean my post in a negative way.. Just in case some think that, by all means iam not degrading you or anybody else with an injury.

Kc

IML Gear Cream!
GP, Sorry to hear the bad news buddy. I know how much you must have wanted it, because you have been very quite lately. I knew you had your mind on big things!!!! Just take care and don't push it too hard too soon. Make sure you let it heal! That will be the tough part. Keep up head up and spirits up bro!:thumb:

Thanks dg. Yeah, I have been a little quiet lately as I have been very focused on my training/dieting, along with my business (which gets nuts this time of year).

I HAVE to be smart and patient with this as a re-injury could send me into the surgeons office...and I REALLY don't want that.

I know what I have to do now, and I have no other choice but to look ahead and do it!

WTF!?!?! :eek:
I dont log on for one weekend and now i hear this??
Gp what can i say but i know you have the character to carry you through this.
I've always thought about injury, how even after training for only a year how much an injury would suck after all the hard work i've put into it..... and you been training for years!!
Chin up Gp, you are in top physical condition and that will help no end.

Originally posted by Rissole
WTF!?!?! :eek:
I dont log on for one weekend and now i hear this??
Gp what can i say but i know you have the character to carry you through this.
I've always thought about injury, how even after training for only a year how much an injury would suck after all the hard work i've put into it..... and you been training for years!!
Chin up Gp, you are in top physical condition and that will help no end.

Thanks as always my friend. I will get through this f%cking injury!

Sorry to hear about your accident GP :( ...

Life is a series of setbacks and obstacles, which makes achievement that much more exciting and deserved to those who succeed.

Just keep acheiving your goals, and you'll get there! This is just a little obstacle that you're GOING to work through! :)

That sucks, sorry to hear about this.

Thank you Blieb and TP. I am down, but far from out! I am just trying to put it into perspective and be happy it didn't tear off the bone.

Crap man, that really bites. Someone on another board that is a JR NPC went through a good deal of pain after his bicep let loose :( he was able to use "special supplements" to help get back on track though, and I know your against that. Although GH is legal, but I imagine your organization would not like that.

GP....just heard the unfortunate news and feel sooo bad for you. Hopefully the time off from llegs and cardio will allow you to do just as you say and work on your alleged "upper body weak points." Stick with it, train hard, keep the diet tight, and kick some serious ass in the Fall. We're here for ya....best of luck...FF

Back