• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Texas refuses to implement obamacare.

Good for Texas! There are only a FEW good things about Obamacare but 95% of it fucks everyone! I wish Arizona would follow suit and do the same. Then again Texas is its own country for all intense and purposes. They technically don't have to follow anything the US govt tells them to do. I hate illegal a bit Texas is looking better and better every day!

figures...Texas ranks like 40th in healthcare..it's all politics for the GOP dam the people

I take it you're also ok if the federal govt mandates everyone to buy solar panels for their home or face a penalty, right? because ya know its for the common good to save the earth from us humans destroying it.

I take it you're also ok if the federal govt mandates everyone to buy solar panels for their home or face a penalty, right? because ya know its for the common good to save the earth from us humans destroying it.

It's a law that stood the test of constitutional objection. Texas will implement it.

It's a law that stood the test of constitutional objection. Texas will implement it.

Texas doesn't have to if they don't want to. They are their own governing body that doesn't have to follow US laws. After they seceded from the Union in the Civil War they were never formerly brought back into the US as a state. A good majority of people don't know that. Its the Republic of Texas, not the State of Texas.

I wouldn't mind the gov putting more tax breaks in place for solar panel usage..but considered I live in Vegas which has less solar powered homes then where I lived in PA, they might want to do something more...

if you actually followed US political history and economics by reading the legislation on your own you would realize why the fed gov is doing this. the gov is forcing people to think about the future and in raising a family as many are not doing it now, and it's not the first time it's been done. the gov uses all sorts of "tricks" to shape the US population and economy...

hate to break the news to you but choices and free will are mostly illusions...

LAM, I rarely ever agree with anything you say. This is def one of those times. You know a shit load of information that most people don't, I'll give you that. But our country is so far from what we say we are and try to get other countries to be. Yeah, its been a process of evolution. Its taken time to get where we are now. The last 4 yrs though we have seen more unamerican changes to this country than the past decade! This bill puts govt in direct power of life or death. Maybe when your in the hospital with stage 3 multiple myeloma like my brother is and you run out of the $50,000 the govt gives you for treatment and they send you home to die you'll think differently. Make no mistake, it doesn't matter if you have healthcare or not, if you have a terminal illness the government can and now WILL pull the plug on you.

This bill puts govt in direct power of life or death. Maybe when your in the hospital with stage 3 multiple myeloma like my brother is and you run out of the $50,000 the govt gives you for treatment and they send you home to die you'll think differently. Make no mistake, it doesn't matter if you have healthcare or not, if you have a terminal illness the government can and now WILL pull the plug on you.

how do you figure? all it does it makes those who can afford to purchase healthcare coverage do sor or pay a penalty. which in the long run makes for a healthier workforce and reduces the cost of healthcare at the EOL when it is the most costly. the healthcare coverage is still provided by the private sector and the whole "death panel" thing was debunked like 4 years ago...

IML Gear Cream!
I wouldn't mind the gov putting more tax breaks in place for solar panel usage..but considered I live in Vegas which has less solar powered homes then where I lived in PA, they might want to do something more...

if you actually followed US political history and economics by reading the legislation on your own you would realize why the fed gov is doing this. the gov is forcing people to think about the future and in raising a family as many are not doing it now, and it's not the first time it's been done. the gov uses all sorts of "tricks" to shape the US population and economy...

hate to break the news to you but choices and free will are mostly illusions...

I agree the gov does all sorts of shady things to move their agenda forward, most of the time people never even know it, but dam bro, the government is big enough, are you really ok with them forcing people to raise a family their way, because I have seen many of your posts referring to NWO population control, are you for that too?
would you mind the government "taxing" you for every year you didn't put up solar panels?

am I ok with it? of course not but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. and the good thing is that more Americans will have lifetime healthcare benefits. considering all the food we eat is bullshit even the fruits and vegetables we eat have been so tampered with you have to consume 3-4x in 2012 to get the same nutrients as you did in a single serving back in the 70's.

LAM, I rarely ever agree with anything you say. This is def one of those times. You know a shit load of information that most people don't, I'll give you that. But our country is so far from what we say we are and try to get other countries to be. Yeah, its been a process of evolution. Its taken time to get where we are now. The last 4 yrs though we have seen more unamerican changes to this country than the past decade! This bill puts govt in direct power of life or death. Maybe when your in the hospital with stage 3 multiple myeloma like my brother is and you run out of the $50,000 the govt gives you for treatment and they send you home to die you'll think differently. Make no mistake, it doesn't matter if you have healthcare or not, if you have a terminal illness the government can and now WILL pull the plug on you.

wow, I am sorry to hear that about your brother. I feel your situation first hand, my father in law got 9 weeks of "home health care" (what a joke) after he had a stroke, then a heart attack in the hospital. they sent him home to die also, he doesn't qualify for any benefits because he "owns property" free and clear, if he had nothing, owned nothing, he would qualify for more benefits, like a nursing home as he needs 24 hour care, even if he sold everything he owned, there is a five year wait, fuck the government health care system, it is made to care for those who work the system instead of a job to support themselves and family. 9 weeks did nothing, it was a ridiculous, 2 times a week a nurse, a nurses aid and a PT would stop by his house for 10-45minutes, give or take...
but it is like beating a deadhorse trying to explain to someone that obamacare will be 10 times worse... soon enough people will see.

Because with the current economy a good majority of people can't afford the raises that are about to happen in healthcare cost. Oh, and if you believe a word they said that rates won't increase you have a rude awakening coming sir. I have a friend that works for United Healthcare and she said the company is proposing a "random rate increase" which wasn't talked about until just a few weeks ago... After Obamacare was passed. As for the "it just makes people who can afford healthcare pay for it or be fined thing" that's a bunch of shit. The people that can't afford it will still be fined and the death panel was taken out originally but it was slipped back in since this was passed as a tax. They condensed a 2,400 page bill down to 27 for Congress to read over. How much shit do you think was left out? Open your eyes man! The illegals get free healthcare with this bill but the American citizen who works 3 jobs just to survive and that's not including paying for healthcare doesn't? Its not right! It passed cause its considered a tax, not because it was considered constitutional. That's the ONLY reason and if people can't see that then they need to go take a short walk off a cliff with a long drop, give them time to think.

how do you figure? all it does it makes those who can afford to purchase healthcare coverage do sor or pay a penalty. which in the long run makes for a healthier workforce and reduces the cost of healthcare at the EOL when it is the most costly. the healthcare coverage is still provided by the private sector and the whole "death panel" thing was debunked like 4 years ago...

"death panel" in term was debunked. However, they will decide your level of treatment and care given. so what is the difference.

am I ok with it? of course not but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. and the good thing is that more Americans will have lifetime healthcare benefits. considering all the food we eat is bullshit even the fruits and vegetables we eat have been so tampered with you have to consume 3-4x in 2012 to get the same nutrients as you did in a single serving back in the 70's.

Wrong sir. The government can now determine the level of healthcare you get based off your current health. So the fast food family is fucked when dad has to have a triple bypass because he's plugging away at 10 McD's double cheeseburgers. To put it plain and simple because while I know nothing I say will make you realize the truth of what I'm saying, your entitled to your own opinion such as it is. But, this healthcare reform does away with the doctors Hippocratic Oath. The government says don't treat that person and the doctors CAN'T or they could have their license taken away. That's straight from my family physician and several friends in the nursing field.

wow, I am sorry to hear that about your brother. I feel your situation first hand, my father in law got 9 weeks of "home health care" (what a joke) after he had a stroke, then a heart attack in the hospital. they sent him home to die also, he doesn't qualify for any benefits because he "owns property" free and clear, if he had nothing, owned nothing, he would qualify for more benefits, like a nursing home as he needs 24 hour care, even if he sold everything he owned, there is a five year wait, fuck the government health care system, it is made to care for those who work the system instead of a job to support themselves and family. 9 weeks did nothing, it was a ridiculous, 2 times a week a nurse, a nurses aid and a PT would stop by his house for 10-45minutes, give or take...
but it is like beating a deadhorse trying to explain to someone that obamacare will be 10 times worse... soon enough people will see.

Its been extremely hard for us as he seems to not be responding well to any form of chemo. I'm sorry about your father. The same thing happened with my grandpa. He was in the hospital and they wouldn't do anything with him other than check vitals and administer meds. He lacked the strength to get out of bed himself. He could walk with assistance but the hospital wouldn't do that. So they sent him home to die. He wasn't out more than 3 or 4 days...

Texas doesn't have to if they don't want to. They are their own governing body that doesn't have to follow US laws. After they seceded from the Union in the Civil War they were never formerly brought back into the US as a state. A good majority of people don't know that. Its the Republic of Texas, not the State of Texas.

Not familiar with Texas V. White eh?

Not familiar with Texas V. White eh?

Your referring to the case dealing with bonds that Texas was trying to use after the Civil War? The one were the Supreme Court ruled that Texas never left the Union because the Constitution says that a state can not unilaterally seced from the Union? Nope! Not familiar with that one at all! Lol. Which in fact if one had looked at the Constitution it says no such thing. A state may secede from the Union if its governing body and the majority of its population are in agreement with the reasons for it secession. The governing body at the time was in agreement as was the majority of those residing in Texas.

The Civil War and its related events are one of my favorite historical eras. I have 1 floor to ceiling book case in my room with books about that time period and the events that followed as well as another book case with historical writings on the Revolution time period.

Wrong sir. The government can now determine the level of healthcare you get based off your current health. So the fast food family is fucked when dad has to have a triple bypass because he's plugging away at 10 McD's double cheeseburgers. To put it plain and simple because while I know nothing I say will make you realize the truth of what I'm saying, your entitled to your own opinion such as it is. But, this healthcare reform does away with the doctors Hippocratic Oath. The government says don't treat that person and the doctors CAN'T or they could have their license taken away. That's straight from my family physician and several friends in the nursing field.

show me where in the legislation is states that....what page exactly

IML Gear Cream!
show me where in the legislation is states that....what page exactly

I haven't read the 2,400 page book. Sorry, so I can't give you an exact page. I'm telling you what medical professionals have told me because it directly impacts them so they would know more about this bill than the general public i.e. you and me. If your retort comes in the way of "so you haven't actually read it? Then you have no hard proof?" you might not want to reply. Because the word of a doctor and several friends in the medical profession who have read more than what Congress has is good enough for me.

Obama is nothing but a bunch of flowery words slithering past a silver forked tongue. He says one thing while it means something else and a good majority of people can't see that.

This is what people SHOULD be seeing and aren't:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

For those of you that read this and don't know what it is... its the greatest part of the Declaration of Independence!

special_obamacare_in_pictures10_590.ashx

MG_0200-3xx1.jpg

Attachments

• 205280_10150985979722740_1048361210_n.jpg
    205280_10150985979722740_1048361210_n.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
Because with the current economy a good majority of people can't afford the raises that are about to happen in healthcare cost. Oh, and if you believe a word they said that rates won't increase you have a rude awakening coming sir. I have a friend that works for United Healthcare and she said the company is proposing a "random rate increase" which wasn't talked about until just a few weeks ago... After Obamacare was passed. As for the "it just makes people who can afford healthcare pay for it or be fined thing" that's a bunch of shit. The people that can't afford it will still be fined and the death panel was taken out originally but it was slipped back in since this was passed as a tax. They condensed a 2,400 page bill down to 27 for Congress to read over. How much shit do you think was left out? Open your eyes man! The illegals get free healthcare with this bill but the American citizen who works 3 jobs just to survive and that's not including paying for healthcare doesn't? Its not right! It passed cause its considered a tax, not because it was considered constitutional. That's the ONLY reason and if people can't see that then they need to go take a short walk off a cliff with a long drop, give them time to think.

So United Healthcare is only raising rates for no reason? That is exactly why healthcare is going up. It isn't going up because there are too many freeloaders. Freeloaders do their fair share of raising the cost but they aren't the primary driver of it.

On the subject of death panels, here is a link to the bill in it's final form. I've read it beginning to end. Please show me where death panels are mentioned. It's only 974 pages long, not the 2400 you claim, and the first 31 1/2 are table of contents so that will reduce the amount for you to peruse.

http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

"We hold these truths to be*self-evident, that*all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their*Creator*with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are*Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the*consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the*Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to*throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

For those of you that read this and don't know what it is... its the greatest part of the Declaration of Independence!

and the US Constitution & Bill of Rights went away with Rex-84...

Your referring to the case dealing with bonds that Texas was trying to use after the Civil War? The one were the Supreme Court ruled that Texas never left the Union because the Constitution says that a state can not unilaterally seced from the Union? Nope! Not familiar with that one at all! Lol. Which in fact if one had looked at the Constitution it says no such thing. A state may secede from the Union if its governing body and the majority of its population are in agreement with the reasons for it secession. The governing body at the time was in agreement as was the majority of those residing in Texas.

The Civil War and its related events are one of my favorite historical eras. I have 1 floor to ceiling book case in my room with books about that time period and the events that followed as well as another book case with historical writings on the Revolution time period.

The part you have conveniently forgotten involves Texas filing suit with the US Supreme Court which was ruled as Texas being under US jurisdiction.

Some people are so misinformed.

I haven't read the 2,400 page book. Sorry, so I can't give you an exact page. I'm telling you what medical professionals have told me because it directly impacts them so they would know more about this bill than the general public i.e. you and me. If your retort comes in the way of "so you haven't actually read it? Then you have no hard proof?" you might not want to reply. Because the word of a doctor and several friends in the medical profession who have read more than what Congress has is good enough for me.

Obama is nothing but a bunch of flowery words slithering past a silver forked tongue. He says one thing while it means something else and a good majority of people can't see that.

This is what people SHOULD be seeing and aren't:

"We hold these truths to be*self-evident, that*all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their*Creator*with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are*Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the*consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the*Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to*throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Just because someone is directly impacted by something doesn't mean they know anything about it. This is one of those cases.

Actually the government can not and does not determine the level of healthcare you can receive. That's between you, your doctor and your healthcare plan provider.

You really should take the time to educate yourself on things rather than take third hand information from a source that is incorrect in the first place.

So United Healthcare is only raising rates for no reason? That is exactly why healthcare is going up. It isn't going up because there are too many freeloaders. Freeloaders do their fair share of raising the cost but they aren't the primary driver of it.

On the subject of death panels, here is a link to the bill in it's final form. I've read it beginning to end. Please show me where death panels are mentioned. It's only 974 pages long, not the 2400 you claim, and the first 31 1/2 are table of contents so that will reduce the amount for you to peruse.

http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

zaphod, if you have truly read this 974 page crock of shit health care plan, and you feel like you understand it, but yet disagree with gov regulating your care, I guarantee you do not understand it, at least this part.

I can tell you first hand, I deal with current medicare on a regular basis, and the gov certainly does determine your level of care, in our specific situation, my father in law does not qualify for benefits outside of emergency room situations and doctors visits with co-pays, even though he paid taxes his entire life and he needs 24 hour care. here's the reason we are told he does not qualify, "your father has too many assets, if he didn't own anything free and clear, coverage would be different" but he gets denied for most things. I am certain of this, because I have personally written the checks to care for him on many occasions, that the bias medicare system will not cover.

As for the new obamacare and his claim "no one will be turned down with pre-xisting conditions" more of the same BS, our attorney has told us how to qualify, "you have to sell all your dad assets, wait 5 years, reapply to see what benefits he qualifies for". that being said, I don't have to read anything, I have already been a part of it. it sucks. I know this is:deadhorse: but, it is what it is.

zaphod, if you have truly read this 974 page crock of shit health care plan, and you feel like you understand it, but yet disagree with gov regulating your care, I guarantee you do not understand it, at least this part.

I can tell you first hand, I deal with current medicare on a regular basis, and the gov certainly does determine your level of care, in our specific situation, my father in law does not qualify for benefits outside of emergency room situations and doctors visits with co-pays, even though he paid taxes his entire life and he needs 24 hour care. here's the reason we are told he does not qualify, "your father has too many assets, if he didn't own anything free and clear, coverage would be different" but he gets denied for most things. I am certain of this, because I have personally written the checks to care for him on many occasions, that the bias medicare system will not cover.

As for the new obamacare and his claim "no one will be turned down with pre-xisting conditions" more of the same BS, our attorney has told us how to qualify, "you have to sell all your dad assets, wait 5 years, reapply to see what benefits he qualifies for". that being said, I don't have to read anything, I have already been a part of it. it sucks. I know this is:deadhorse: but, it is what it is.

Medicare is government run. Your private plan is not. Since your father has pre-existing conditions he can no longer be turned down when applying for coverage. Through a private insurer.

I was pulled over for an expired tag on my car. Doesn't mean I know how many points I'd get for speeding even though I experience being pulled over.

Back