• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pylon's Journal V5 - The Race to 40

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey kids...

Been a while. More than a while, I guess. But here we are again.

Quick review: Maxed out a few years ago at 350. (The one pic in my gallery is from then.)

Got down to 240.

Got back up to 280 or so.

Have been back and forth. Slacking, yo.

I turn 40 in December, though, and I'll be damned if I'm going to limp across that line.

This place was a big help for me when I was serious. So I'm back to pick it up.

Nice to see you.

Made my return to the gym today. Nothing too tough to get started. Planning to go back to a HIT program with cardio.

WU - 10 min elliptical

Leg ext SS Squats

60x10 SS 45 x 10
60 x10 SS 90 x 10
90 x 10 SS 135 x 10

Calf Raises

90 x 10
90 x 10
180 x 10

Doing a two day fast to get going, planning on a paleo-like diet to follow.

I forgot how stiff I would be after lifting, especially after a long layoff. Didn't go heavy, but still battling a little. Think I might hit the hot tub to loosen up a bit.

Track work today. 20 min of intervals. 1 min run, 1.5 min walk. Not a great run, but it was after leg day, so I deserve extra points, right?

Breakfast: Egg white omelet with grilled turkey, avocado and salsa.

Legs are still stiff and sore. Had planned on hitting the hot tub at the pool yesterday, but it was closed. Of course.

Supposed to lift tomorrow, but have a 7:30am flight to Dallas, so I may lift today instead. Either way, will be at the gym and WILL get in a soak! :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Lifting day..

WU - 10 min elliptical

Flat DB flyes SS Smith incline

10s x 10 SS 50 x 6
15s x 10 SS 50 x 10
20s x 10 SS 90 x 3

DB pullover SS CG pulldowns

20 x 10 SS 45 x 15
40 x 10 SS 75 x 10
50 x 8 SS 105 x 10

Deadlifts

95 x 10
115 x 10
165 x 10

Not bad for first time lifting in months. Legs are still stiff, so tried not to go too much on uppers. Felt great. I forgot how much I like deadlifts. :)

Good day start to finish. Grilled up a bunch of chicken breasts last night, so lunch and dinner were both chicken with veg. I've decided I like avocado a lot, by the way.

Back on the road tomorrow, which is always a challenge. Got my lifting in today, tho, so just cardio until I get home for Friday lifting.

treadmill work today. 20 min of intervals. 1 min run, 1.5 min walk.

I should probably mention the running program is stolen from one of the many couch to 5k routines. I've got my first 5k coming up in october. I ran one on the track a couple of months ago, so I'm confident I can make it, but hoping to earn a decent time.

Breakfast and lunch stayed clean. Now to find dinner...

A couple of days of rest while on the road. Have done ok on diet. Took yesterday off for rest, today just got away from me. But it's probably for the best. No need to overdo it the first week back, right?

Lifting day. Starting to feel better about adding weight to the stack...

WU - elliptical, 10 min

Leg Ext SS Leg Press

60x10 SS 105x10
90x10 SS 150x10
120x10 SS 210x10

Calf press

210x20
240x20
300x12

Decided to get my running in as well. Was about halfway through when the tornado sirens went off and we were moved to the basement of the gym for 15 min Totally ruined my flow, so I'll just count it as some extra work and run in the morning.

Breakfast was a small chicken breast, lunch was a protein shake, dinner stir fried shrimp over veg. Not so bad.

Track work today. 20 min of intervals. 1 min run, 1.5 min walk.

I like the track at my gym. It's 10 laps to a mile instead of 9 like a lot of others. Makes more sense, not to mention being easier to do calculations.

When I'm on the treadmill, I tend to run 5.5mph. On the track, I was doing just over 6. Not sure if its a track thing or if I'm just able to go a little faster because of regular running.

Despite a decent load on leg day, very little soreness, just a bit in my calves. Not sure why, but i assume it's from the running after. I'll take it either way. :)

IML Gear Cream!
Happy Monday, kids.

Through week one in good shape. Settling into the Paleo food plan. Built a dehydrator this weekend, have about 6 pounds of beef in there. Should be done tonight. Will be nice to have around, and is seasoned with just salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Down about 5 pounds. Some of that is first week drop, but feel great to be sure. A little track work coming later today.

Track work today. 5 min WU, 6 intervals. 1.5 min run, 2 min walk.

Opted to run in the park instead of on the gym track. Outside running is a whole different world. I think I'll try to stick to that whenever possible.

Lifting day...

WU Elliptical, 10 min

DB lateral raises (Trying not to tax my cranky shoulder too hard with these, but not letting it off the hook completely)
10s x 10
15s x 10
20s x 10

BO DB Rows
20s x 10
25s x 10
30s x 10

Standing BB Curls
30 x 10
45 x 10
60 x 6

Triceps pushdowns SS bench dips (logging knee bend angle)
50 x 10 SS 45 deg x 3
60 x 6 SS 30 deg x 3
80 x 7 SS 0 deg x 3

Dips are a challenge with the shoulder as well,so going east to start.

Not a bad day all around. That gets me through the HIT cycle once. Now I can start adding weight and tracking strength progress.

Track work today. 5 min WU, 6 intervals. 1.5 min run, 2 min walk.
Outside running. Like it. :)

Off day. Needed some rest to be sure. Lifting tomorrow!

Lifting day. And it's also the second time around the HIT workout, which means I can start looking at increased reps and load. Always a good time!

WU - 10 min elliptical

Leg ext SS Squats

75x10 SS 135 x 10
90 x10 SS 180 x 6
105 x 10 SS 180 x 10

Up 15lb on ext, up 50 on squats. The funny part is my brain seized up on gym math. I started squats at 135, meant to be 90. Somehow I calculated 2 45lb plates = 45 lbs total. Went to 180 on the second set, same bad math, thinking I was at 135 and wondering why it felt heavy, hence the short set. Duh.

Hack Machine Calf Raises

90 x 10
180 x 10
270 x 10 - up 90 lbs

And to wrap up the week, running work today. 5 min WU, 6 intervals. 1.5 min run, 2 min walk.

Ah, Sunday. Day of rest.

After 2 weeks of clean food and consistent workouts, feel great. No shock, right?

Realized this morning I started late on getting ready for my first 5k. The plan is 9 weeks, I'm 2 weeks in. The run is in 3 weeks. No worries. I've done the distance before, so I was working to try to get a decent time. Will be good to see how I do. I'm going to finish the whole 9 weeks, though, with the intent of going through it again until I have decent times for the full distance. The nice thing about the program is it is about perspectives on effort, so it's slow/steady/fast instead of specific mph targets. Makes it easy to reuse.

Back