• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What have I done to my back?!

Melodie

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Long story short. When I was 14, I weighed over 200 lbs but could bench more reps than every teen in my class including the athletic boys. I was very strong and wanted to show it off to my family so I would pick up my 80lbs dog straight off the ground and lift him onto my chest using just my back. I'm not sure if that was the cause of it but it's all I can think of. After doing that for a while I began having back pain that would continue to get worse. By the time I hit the age 16 I weighed around 230 lbs. We went to go see a doctor about my back pain and he just ran his finger down my spine and said, "You need to lose weight." Believe it or not I didn't think I was that fat but I really was. I had big bones but that wasn't the reason why I was so heavy. Maybe it had to do with the muscle I had also and my bone weight but I definitely was fat but I couldn't see it. One day I just quit eating and would eat maybe a sandwich a day sometimes nothing. 3 months later I weighed 165lbs. 65lbs I dropped off. But guess what? My back pain was still just as bad as it was 3 months before!! That was years ago. Since then I have kept my weight off and even had a baby and while I was pregnant the most damnest thing was I had no back pain but as soon as he came out it came right back. I have been jogging and eating good to try to get myself into tiptop shape but when I do intense jogging sessions my back becomes way out of wack where I can barely walk or even hold my son walking. The sound of my spine cracking can be heard by anyone nearby it's THAT bad. Since I lost all of that weight from not eating, my strength had depleted more then half so I'm sure lots of it was my muscle that was lost and I'm trying to get that back and I don't know how to fix my back problem. I've had it for so long it's become completely normal for me to be in pain everyday. I can't afford a chiropractor or a doctor right now so I guess I'm just looking for some advice on how to strengthen my back somehow are something so I won't be in pain anymore. Pics below. Group pic is me when I was at my heaviest. By the river is when I was at 165lbs. One of the black shirt side pose is me now.

Attachments

• 384344_10150401521167909_1150653287_n.jpg
    384344_10150401521167909_1150653287_n.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 74412_172059279475378_2826895_n.jpg
    74412_172059279475378_2826895_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 120824-162800.jpg
    120824-162800.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 35
Is it lower back? I had super bad lower back pains all my life. I started doing dead lifts very light till I got stronger. I have no lower bad pains till this day. I'm doing around 400lb deads now.

Yes it's my lower back. It sends pains down to my right leg now also.

I would avoid heavy lifting at this point. Sounds like a bulging disk. Try pull ups and chin ups to strengthen your back, this should put less stress on your lumbar than deadlifts or rows.

Nice progress pics btw. <3

Thank you very much! I will start trying this right away. It might help me get strength back into my arms too I hope :clapping:

Looking good! The back pain is a downer. Don't forget abdominal work. Have you tried an anti-inflammatory? If the nerve is inflamed that could cause chronic pain.

I had the same thing years ago, chiropractor helped alot, keep those stomach muscles strong, they support your lower back

Ok! I started eating wild salmon oil for omega 3 maybe that'll help with anti-inflammatory. I'm hoping that I will be able to afford a chiropractor soon because it does seem like my discs are not where they should be. Sit ups and crunches should help with the abdominal strength right?

Thank you for all the advice and kind words everyone! :heart:

I would get an MRI on your lower back to see if you have a bulging or herniated disc, a chiroprator would be the first place I would recommend going for a diagnosis and he/she can also order the MRI.

IML Gear Cream!
Ok! I started eating wild salmon oil for omega 3 maybe that'll help with anti-inflammatory. I'm hoping that I will be able to afford a chiropractor soon because it does seem like my discs are not where they should be. Sit ups and crunches should help with the abdominal strength right?
Be careful with situps they could bother your lower back also, try laying on your back on a flat bench and do leg lifts or raises, if it hurts your lower back don't do it

Be careful with situps they could bother your lower back also, try laying on your back on a flat bench and do leg lifts or raises, if it hurts your lower back don't do it

OK. I did notice that when I do leg exercises that it felt good on my back muscles like some kind of relief. I've just been doing crunches now and some sideways stretching and leg stretching and it pulls my back muscles kind of painfully but afterwards the pain in my right leg goes away. I feel a slight improvement after doing this for a week so I'm really happy about that!

I would get an MRI on your lower back to see if you have a bulging or herniated disc, a chiroprator would be the first place I would recommend going for a diagnosis and he/she can also order the MRI.

Oh my this doesn't sound good at all. I hope this isn't what I've done to my back :nail:Hopefully I can get an appointment some time this year!

Back