• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Football training for stoopid strength gains

thedaperdan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is my first time back in awhile. I started football about a month ago and my strength gains have seemed to plateaued...I need some advice for a new split that will maximize my strength gains especially in my bench(which is my weakest lift). As of now...my split is... Chest and Legs/ Back/ Shoulders and upper chest/ bis, tris, and hams. I usually mix it up but thats the basic outline. Also it would be helpful to give me some exercise advice (rest inbetween sets/ intensity/ days a week/ ect.) any advice will help. thanks.

High school or college? You probably won't make any gains during season. Between practice, games, and recovery I doubt you can eat enough to put on muscle. Try to maintain as much as possible and work your ass off in the off season

Still the same thing. Do your best to maintain and be prepared to eat like an animal and train hard in the off season. Very few are capable of actually gaining during season, and I have seen linemen lose 15-20 lbs during season.

It's all about energy in and energy out.

any way to get my strength up? like switch up my split or train differently?

I'm a high school coach and played in college. I agree with Hoyle, the strength and conditioning is done off season and through 7 on 7.. You will not benefit weight training during season. It will hamper your flexibility and slow you down since the fibers are getting torched during practice and games. I tell my die hard weight trainers, if you're going to train muscles, use plyo movements with cardio and stretching. IMO it's fine to do a circuit on your muscles on a off day, but then again, not breaking down the fascia and twitch fibers that will tarnish your game play! It's all about diet and rest during season :)

Back