• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question about tuna and mercury content

John Quinlan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I try and get on here more often but I never seem to get it done. This is an amazing forum with a wealth of knowledge so I will put this question out there. I eat my fair share of protein which is good, chicken fish and steak (moderately). My question is, I enjoy tuna so how much is too much to eat per day/week as people seem to make a big deal about the mercury content. What are the exact dangers of mercury as I hear so many opinions. I know I find the real deal answer on this here. Thanks everybody

If you weigh:
Don't eat more than one can every:
White Albacore
Chunk Light
20 lbs
10 weeks
3 weeks
30 lbs
6 weeks
2 weeks
40 lbs
5 weeks
11 days
50 lbs
4 weeks
9 days
60 lbs
3 weeks
7 days
70 lbs
3 weeks
6 days
80 lbs
2 weeks
6 days
90 lbs
2 weeks
5 days
100 lbs
2 weeks
5 days
110 lbs
12 days
4 days
120 lbs
11 days
4 days
130 lbs
10 days
4 days
140 lbs
10 days
3 days
150+ lbs
9 days
3 days

White albacore should be in the right column

Thanks so much DetMuscle, I knew I could find the real deal in this forum. Wow, I was eating much more than that, much appreciation. Will alter a few things now, good to know :)

wish i paid more attention in school haha that chart makes no sense to me durrrr....

Mercury in fish is Ok as long as there's enough selenium in the fish as well. Tuna has plenty of selenium to bind to the mercury so the body can dispose of it. I'd be more worried about those filling that are dumping mercury down your throat every time you chew on something than what's in fish.

The FDAs website has or at least had great info on tuna and all seafood.

Albacore eat every 9 days

Chunk lite every 3 days.

I was eating tuna daily until I did some homework.

My heavy metals where off the charts!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348709526.156127.jpg

Also if you cook it with garlic it helps lower mercury content :cool:

Mercury in fish is Ok as long as there's enough selenium in the fish as well. Tuna has plenty of selenium to bind to the mercury so the body can dispose of it. I'd be more worried about those filling that are dumping mercury down your throat every time you chew on something than what's in fish.

^no kidding!!!!^this!
i was told to not be very concern so much mercury content. Its usually a concern with pregnant women, but the process by which tuna is caught now, eliminates much of the mercury.

Albacore eat every 9 days

Chunk lite every 3 days.

I was eating tuna daily until I did some homework.

My heavy metals where off the charts!!
View attachment 47563

In my quest for protein to also ate a can of chunk like or Albacore every day for about a year.

It tastes good, it's convenient, and has a decent amount of protein.

But after doing my homeowork also, I cut way back and now I never eat it (I don't eat it once every 3-5 days mainly because I just went to other sources)

Mercury as we know builds up in our bodies and it stays there. I'll pass.

In my quest for protein to also ate a can of chunk like or Albacore every day for about a year.

It tastes good, it's convenient, and has a decent amount of protein.

But after doing my homeowork also, I cut way back and now I never eat it (I don't eat it once every 3-5 days mainly because I just went to other sources)

Mercury as we know builds up in our bodies and it stays there. I'll pass.

Agreed. I eat it maybe 2 times a month now.

Fuck it, If the Tren and Halo dont get me, then I guess the tuna will, lol

When I die and they list cause of death in the news paper, I hope they write. "33 Year Old dies from Tuna Overdose, STEROIDS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS EARLY DEATH", lol .. Leave the damn juice out of it people, please blame the tuna and the Mercury they are smoking.

also, why in the hell would someone weighing 20lbs be eating tuna?

Back