• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How long can a person live without eating?

How long can a person live without eating?

• 3-5 days

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 6-9 days

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 10-14 days

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 15-18 days

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 19-23 days

• 24-28 days

• 28 + days

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Who gives a shit?

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • What a stupid question.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Let me think about it while I eat my Snickers bar.

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

buff_tat2d_chic

Tat2d Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, very dumb question.
I am not going to do it and I do not recommend you try this at home...but "How long can a person live without eating?" This is regarding EATING not DRINKING.

I know it was a creepy question. It was one of those things I was wondering. I tried to look it up online...and I couldn't find an answer so I thought I would see what everyone thought.

I was told approximately 10 days granted they have water at least. Now, when you say living you mean, breathing and a heartbeat, correct??

Other factors to consider woiuld be what their climate is. Ethiopia, no water or food, I'd die in 2 to 3 days!!!

Manitoba.. probably a 7 days (3 days falling short of boredom unless J'bo is accompanying me! :D )

Florida, NYC, LA- 10 days.

:D :D :D

Really now Dave. Winnipeg idn't that boring if it's summer and you are only visiting.

I think Jesus fasted for 40 days in the desert.

I think as long as you have water you can live for weeks.

Originally posted by PB&J
I think Jesus fasted for 40 days in the desert.

I think as long as you have water you can live for weeks.

yes he did. the longest you can live is aorund 40 days, but you have to drink a lot of water.

Doesn't it depend on how lean/fat you are?

And yes Dave i did catch that...you know me ms.observent

IML Gear Cream!
Its going to depend on the individual, of course. Women historically have higher endurance for these kind of things, probably due to fat storage, maybe metabolic rate, being smaller (using less energy) and so on.

I think the record is a little over a month, the record for a liquid diet I believe is around a year. Also keep in mind the bodies needs change under starvation conditions, this is why the body holds fat/water as best its can when you only eat say once a day.

Cambridge diet is a liquid, low calorie diet, and has a reputation for lots of people dying on it. I believe they are usually around the 1100 calorie a day area.

Originally posted by Prince
I heard that Satan fasted for 50 days in hell. :no:

I heard he still is , bet he wants a drink a water!

Without food and water I would say I cud go on for about one week. With water maybe two. Not something I???m willing to find out ???

I thought I heard somewhere that the average person can go about a month without food, and only about four days without water.

I bet you would look like shit after a month of fasting.

It could take as much as 60+ days to strave to death depending size and health, but no water 3 days maybe a week.

Don't try this at home :funny:

I think its 30 to 40 days, but it depends on the individual and how much activity is done in that time frame. With out water you can only last 3 to 4 days.

Live on water for 40 days and still breathing?? Forget it and give me a shotgun! :hair:

IML Gear Cream!
With this metabolism I think I could last for a couple of years.:yes:

id die after a day, im only 130 5'11, my metabolism is threw the roof, if i miss a meal in a day i want to shoot myself :bash:

Record for liquid diet is 1 year or more, or maybe the above :) I dont follow it.

Obviously till they die!!!! Ummm medically speakin that is.

i cant live 3 hours without eating :scared:

My second cousin was working on the roof and he fell off and crashed through the shed and it was locked from the outside. All he had was a coffee can full of water and a box of dried fruit. He ate all that fruit in two days and didn't have nothing else to eat. They said he lived about six weeks.

...said he lived about six weeks.

looks like he beat jesus...

In the Bible, Jesus, Moses (twice), and Elijah all fasted for 40days.

Jesus for 40 days. If God in human flesh fasted, how much more ought we? Matthew 4:2

Moses fasted twice for 40 days-Following his first fast, Moses received the Law. The second was to turn God's wrath away from God's sinful people. Deuteronomy 9:9,18,19

Elijah fasted for 40 days while fleeing in fear from wicked Jezebel, who threatened to have him killed. God gave him comfort, boldness and instructions to go back the way he came and anoint new prophets. 1 Kings 19

Medical testing has been done to see if the human body can handle a fast of 40+ days. All tests have been done unsucessfully. The body can't take a fast of 411 days, it would long be dead. Fasting's real good at the right time, but defidently not on a lifting day!

Back