• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Working out with small weights.

Scotty the Body

I'm Dead Sexxxxy!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've read that hair loss for men is directly related to the listening of country music Bench_it. LOL

I agree with everyone else, go to the gym, personaly I admire the "larger people" that go to the gym, at least they're trying unlike the ones I see at Mcdonalds when I take my kids out.

Your not pushing Bench_It.

I have not joined a gym yet for the reason of how I look, but also I do not drive, so transportation for me is local bus service. It takes me over and hour to get home currently and also most gyms are not on my way, so I am currently hoping to get this new position (job) that will make it easier. Home Gym is out to since no room for it in my house. (do have free weights right now) but I am slowly trying to work the partner into letting me buy a bench. sigh.

I was thinking of them tension bands. Are some better then others?

------------------
Slow to start, slow to finish. Body work is the same way. Never take it fast

djl_ottawa@hotmail.com

LoL...Wrong...its from making u-turns under the sheets. I've got big ears too, from years for women tuggin on them. Country women know how to hold their licker.
rolleyes.gif

You're right. Just don't hold back because of what you think others are gonna think. They aren't the ones who are important.

------------------
Shut Up and LIFT!!

[This message has been edited by Bench_It (edited 02-28-2001).]

OK transportation could be a reasonable excuse.
redface.gif
... We'll let you slide this time...LOL

I don't have much experience with the bands. I'd just seen commercials about them. Sorry.

------------------
Shut Up and LIFT!!

Here is a question for you. I got these small dumbbells of 5lbs each. I want to bring them to work and workout while sitting down. Ok, since they are small weights means I can do more reps. How many would you say for 5lbs? 50 each arm? 100? max per day to to?

------------------

djl_ottawa@hotmail.com

Well, my goals are since I am at work and am not at home where my free weights are, I want to be able to workout at work instead of sitting on my fat (well ok it ain't fat) ass and do some work on my arms and chest.

So I would need resistant to make the arms develop? Ok, thanks. nix that idea, will just go home and workout after work as I have been doing.

As for the gym. I have not joined one yet because I feel uncomfortable in the state I am to go to one. I want to lose a bit more of the tire around the waist before I do. Been doing good. had to buy new pants last week from the loss of the waistline size.

------------------

djl_ottawa@hotmail.com

yeah, I agree with Hulk...lifting 5lb dumbbells all day is not going to make you grow.

They make a "device" that adds resistance to exercises, such as push-ups. There are ads in the muscle mags for it. Can't remember the name, but it would be more beneficial then using light weights.

------------------
train hard!

Suggestion #1 You can try those traveling gyms (those big rubber bands). I think they actually give u more resistance than 5# DBs.

Suggestion #2 If you are going to join a gym. Do it now. It'll probably help you lose the weight faster because of all of the other resources you have there to do cardio with. You won't be the first or only person to come into a gym overweight and leave cut. And everybody has to start somewhere.

Hell, I'm 5'8, 230# and have a 40" waist! And to top that off, I've go the friar tuck hairline going
mad.gif
(no comments EarWax)...youngest in the family and only one losing his damn hair...life ain't fair. But go out and do it. Just find a decent gym. Go in. And work out. NOW!

Don't mean to push. Just don't like seeing people limit themselves and procrastinate because of something like the way they look.
------------------
Shut Up and LIFT!!

[This message has been edited by Bench_It (edited 02-28-2001).]

Back