• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training partner and plateaus

jimm

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
basically ive been training 3 years now well i say training i first step foot in a gym 3 years ago..

Trained my myself the whole time.

Ive plateaued i think around a certain level well i am still gaining but just not as fast as i think i am able to...

A good friend of mine has taken up training and we are training together a few times a week im also using my girlfriend to help me in the gym aswell lol.

I feel alot better training with some one makes the gym more "fun" shall i say although i dont go there with fun in mind but you know what i mean.2

Im just wondering how many of you think its important to train with somebody?

I feel im getting much more productive workouts now just with getting spotted and helping me with forced negatives feels good to say the least..

Just worried i could be training to hard and might fry my CNS.

now i dont go to failure every set i will warm up blah blah then go as heavy as i can for say 6 reps on my own but with a friend im able to get an extra 6-7 reps and belive me he is not strong so hes not doing alot of the work im just finding it amazing how many more reps i can get with a "little help"

today was chest 308lb is usually my max on BB bench i can get 1 or 2 on my own with him i done about 7 reps today bear in mind hes only starting out and stuggles with 100lb on bench so hes not doing most of the work merely touching the bar.

Is it alright to train this way all the time or should i drop the intensity down every other week.

p.s im not training naturally either if that makes any difference on the intensity level and recovery times

I train with my wife 99% of the time. I find it a lot better to train with someone than by myself. Yes it makes it more fun but there is also someone there to help me push myself further and harder.

Having someone in the gym with you is great, even if they are not directly next to you or spotting with you, it just gives you the peace of mind that you have someone working towards the same thing you are, and if they can do it so can you.

A good training partner is a huge help - a bad one is worse than having no training partner at all.

My wife is the best training partner I ever had - if only because she always paid attention to my lifts (i.e. not checking out some chick instead of being a good spotter) and was on time, every time, focused on my goals. However, on heavy lifts (singles, doubles, triples on benches, etc) I sometimes use another lifter. LOL... she'd get a pretty good workout loading and unloading dozens and dozens of 45lb plates.

well i have a training partner but im 3 years ahead of him and he asks me what to do and how to do it every time we train i can use him to spot me tho and helpa few extra reps wich is good i need a proper training partner tho some one who can push me...

you need a good partner if you want to keep progressing imo. Especially on days you mentally don't feel like going, but if you don't you are letting done your partner. Find someone that knows what they are doing and not full of questions that just lead to distractions...

Yeah I'm so used to training alone it's nice to have the spot and help with extra reps but yeah loose my focus sometime as he's a good friend and wants to talk about bangin chicks and always asking how to do stuff... Il keep looking for a proper training partner untill then il train with him sum days and my girl others..

I know how it feels when ur starting out so I help him
Best i can

Back