• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

pinning glute = sciatica issues??

Nok

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have been having problems with my sciatica for a couple years, ever since a minor car accident i got into. any of you that have a problem with this nerve understand how dibilitating this can be...

i think when i pin test in my glute it swells the area up a little bit (pinning 1ml) and thus pinches on the sciatica nerve. does this sound even remotely possible?

i haven't pinned in almost 4 days and this is the best it has felt. i'm due for another shot tomorrow and i'm wondering what my next best option would be. i tried my quads, but that's a poor option for me as i ride my bike to work every day.

delts? calf? pec?

what do you guys suggest and does anyone know of any good sciatica relief

about the best thing you can do for that when it acts up is ice the hell out of it.. you can get clay ice packs that work well, youu will want to position the ice pack at the lowest spot on your back as possible and just sit back on it while you are on the couch watching tv or something... I do it for an hour at a time.. really helps!

I have horrible spine issues, so sciatica is nothing new to me, and yes, aas inj in the glute can aggravate it sometimes(especially if you are fairly new at it.. or if you have pinned glutes a lot and have some scar tissue there)

the best solution is usually to pin medial delts(up high in the peak of the outside of the head of the medial delt), make sure you don't go too low on the delt and get oil stuck in between the shoulder and biceps... youu want it right in the middle of the medial delt....

that is great advice thank you.

these lowerback issues are really cramping my style. i had to go from a cut to bulk mid cycle simply because i couldnt run anymore! hard to cut without good cardio.

my sciatica has pretty much ruined this entire 12 week cycle lol. i've put on decent size i guess but still.

do you deadlift or squat? i find that deadlifts snap my shit up the worst. i can do squats okay, but cant get down near low enough. maybe like 2 or 3" above my knees. and leg presses are horrible i think because of the curve on the lower back for me.

can't take pain killers, recovering heroin addict. so i'm wondering if i just have to work out around this injury, or if it will get any better.

Try using 29g slin pins. You can pin anywhere you have less than 1/2 inch skin...delts, tris, pecs, etc...

I have back issues myself.
Had L5/S1 spinal fusion in 03 which made things a lot better.
Unfortunately, since it was a work related injury, it took 5 years to finally get the surgical authorization. Five years during which there was permanent nerve damage happening.

I literally feel your pain, brother.
You can PM me any time you want if you'd like my input, advice, solutions, etc.
I'll do what I can to assist.

BTW: overburdened know what he's talking about. He's helped me out before.
It is great to see that there are guys here who have each others back. In this case, literally...

i have been having problems with my sciatica for a couple years, ever since a minor car accident i got into. any of you that have a problem with this nerve understand how dibilitating this can be...

i think when i pin test in my glute it swells the area up a little bit (pinning 1ml) and thus pinches on the sciatica nerve. does this sound even remotely possible?

i haven't pinned in almost 4 days and this is the best it has felt. i'm due for another shot tomorrow and i'm wondering what my next best option would be. i tried my quads, but that's a poor option for me as i ride my bike to work every day.

delts? calf? pec?

I would hit DELTS before all other spots... even glutes. its easy and for me atleast pretty painless.
are you pinning the upper OUTER quadrant of the glute? thats where you are supposed to, should not effect the nerv unless you hit it, but your case is not liek most as you say you where in accident.

I would go with quads.

delts? calf? pec?

Stop pinning dorsal glutes altogether and switch to ventral. It's actually easier once you get the hang of it. Google it to see the pros and cons. Many nursing schools have already made the switch due to the risks of the dorsal site (and difficulty of ensuring IM vs. SQ) such as sciatic nerve damage.

whats your cycle? howm many mls are you using and what size pins?

I think his issue was swelling affecting the nerve. Not pinning the nerve itself.
Anyone who has experienced it knows that the slightest bit of swelling or inflammation can impact the nerve...even from several inches away.

I do agree delts are a great spot to pin. I still use 29g slin pins when possible (backloaded). You just have to go much slower is all.

So much intelligent consultation from knowledgeable pros in this thread. Great to see.

Thanks for all the help guys. I went ahead and pinned my Delt, and so far so good.

I'm using 23g i believe, and i am injecting 1ml per injection. (twice per week)

Hopefully my sciatica issues will begin to resolve soon!

IML Gear Cream!
Good luck man!

Back