• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

recovery

blueboy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am currently doing Circuit workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday working my whole body in each session. Am I jeopardizing my lean muscle building by doing HIIT (running) on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Been training for about 5 months now. My goal is to build lean muscle to burn off the excess fat that I have and be a fat burning machine. I know that I need to keep the HIIT in my schedule because it is such a good tool for burning fat and building endurance.

I have been seeing good results but I want to maximize everything that I am doing and ensure that I am not jeopardizing anything.

I go through this circuit 1X Sometimes I do 2 sets for a few exercises:

MWF

Legs:
DB Squat
w8ed Lunges
Sumo Squat

Back:
Deadlifts
Bent over rows
One arm rows

Chest: (I usually pick 3 of these)
Push ups
DB Flyes on the bench
Floor Press
Dips
DB Pullover

Shoulders:
Military Press
Lateral Raises
Pronated Raise/Front Raise

Arms:
Skull crushers
Overhead extension
Curls

Abs:
Crunches

The weight I am using is not super heavy and I am not straining to complete a rep. It is more of a controlled, good form, full body workout. I make it intense by limiting my rest time in between exercises. It has been working well and I am seeing results. My main concern lies with the leg recovery. I do give my legs a good burn but not so intense that I can't walk the next day because I am sore. There is some soreness but am I hindering the recovery process by doing HIIT the next day (24 hours later)? My HIIT consists of Sprinting up hills for 25-30 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

If you have been doing this for 5 months now and your goal is to build more muscle and reduce fat, I would suggest that you consider moving onto a more advanced routine.

Circuit training is great for beginners to build a foundation, which I think you're past that point. Unfortunately machines have some disadvantages and you should incorporate free weights into your rountine, and reduce your traiing frequency and and increase the intensity for each body part.

You could move onto a upper body/lower body routine hitting each one 2x per week. Either way, you really need to start using free weights if you wish to advance any further.

Sorry for leaving this out. My circuit routine consists of using equipment I have at my house Dumbbells, Curl Bar, bench, stairs. I realize that machines are a no no. I have been slowly increasing weigts on the dumbells and curl bar. I also realize that eventually, if I want to keep growing, I will have to get a gym membership. For now, for financial reasons I am working with what I have and doing as many exercises that I can with 2 dumbbells and a curl bar and a lot of weight. I understand where you are coming from and appreciate your comments.

My main concern is: Do you think I am hindering the recovery process by running on my off days or should I be just sitting on my ass? Just a question about recovery.

Cool. Thanks for your help Prince!

Back