• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Criticize My Diet

fifo_thekid

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been on this diet for almost a year, and I'm feeling much much better than before
I adjust the macros according to my goals, trying my best to have at least 1.2 gram/pound protein and no more than 20% of calories coming from fatty sources. My fat intake is composed of 60% good fats. So here we go:

Meal 1: Egg Whites, Oats, Flax Seed Oil
Meal 2: Chicken Breast, Sweet Potato, Bread
Meal 3: Lean Steak, Brown Rice, Mixed Veggies (carrot, peas and corn)
Meal 4: Canned Tuna, Sweet Potato, Bread
During Workout: Whey + Oats Shake
Meal 5: Chicken Breast, Brown Rice
Before Sleeping: Casein Protein, Olive Oil

I have two immediate problems with this diet:
1- My carbohydrates sources are not as "complex" as they should be. I can't seem to find any whole-grain bread in here, although I'm trying my best to get brown ones. In addition to that, I hope that I can get more carb sources.
2- My food is super-bland! What do you add to food to make it taste good while keeping it healthy? Please keep in a mind that I'm a horrible cook :eek:

And one last note: I'm living in Japan, so please try to be generic as possible and I hope that you can avoid giving me brand names instead of the actual type of food...

Much appreciated

how many egg whites?
add something else to the casein, maybe some egg whites.
you take in whey + oats "DURING" your workout?
add more veggies

what are your goals?

2 egg white + 3 full eggs for breakfast
I forgot to mention that I'm adding skim milk to my casein, it helps me sleeping and it tastes superb!
By during I mean: drink half of the shake before the workout and the other half after the workout
I'm trying to add veggies but they're so expensive in here!!
Currently I'm cutting, then I'll be on maintenance for 5 months then I'll do a lean bulk cycle
I like to use the same diet plan for all goals, while adjusting the carbs

avoid the milk then. like 11g of sugar every 8oz. switch to almond milk or better yet, water. I would buy a meal replacement protein then add a little more casein to it before bed. Your metabolism and protein synthesis will be better with different types of protein vs just one.

for your breakfast i would have you eating 4 egg whites/1 whole with 6oz of lean turkey or ground beef. You have to make sure you are getting adequate protein in especially for your first meal. you can keep the oats in there if you want.

try adding cinnamon to your sweet potato. it will help regulate your blood sugar but also make those things taste a little better. There are a couple meals that you have 2 carbs in. substitute the bread for 10-15 almonds.

drop the intra oat/shake...blood needs to go into your muscles not your stomach while training...drink some bcaa intra if you need something...meal 1 protien intake is to low..do what the other poster said on pretty much everything else..

Dump the bread all together and have more sweetpot.

Like someone mention cinnamon is good to add to the s.pot and also a packet of splenda if you have it there in japan. Could also try butterbuds if you like.

Also sugarfree ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, spices/rubs do wonders for bland foods.

IML Gear Cream!
A round-up of the advice I could gather from this and other forums:
1- Add fruits, preferably berries (such fruits are super expensive in Japan. However, I'll try my best to find some reasonably priced ones)
2- Replace my flax seed oil (Barlean's Highest Lignan Flax Oil) with Primrose (may I know why?)
3- Brown-rice might have anti-nutrients. Any comments on that?
4- Cut the bread
5- Replace intra-workout whey+oats mix with simple carbs + hydrolyzed caseinate or hydrolized whey. Any comments on this? I thought that constant consumbtion of sugar is bad? Should I use this mix even when I'm on a maintenance?
6- Switch to almond milk instead of normal milk. Or use a meal replacement shake and add some casein to it. (I really like my current casein and milk shake, would that make a difference?)
7- Add cinnamon to sweet potato.
8- Replace bread with almonds
9- Replace whey and oats with BCAAs because eating while working out is counterproductive.
10- Suggested spices/flavors: sugarfree ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, curry, allspice, turmuric, cumin, dried herbs, cloves, garam masala, ginger, garlic, onion, italian seasoning, andpaprica

1. not fruits, veggies.
2. flax is fine
3. if you are concerned about it then use some whole grain pasta or more sweet potato
4. yes
5. #5 and #9 are the same question to me. yes replace it with bcaa or just go without. Sugar/carbs should be consumed right after a workout to spike the insulin and put your body back into an anabolic state. A monosaccharide (dextrose) and hydrolyzed whey isolate is what i do.
6. yes it will make a difference. I stated why in the post above. if you are in this for the taste of your diet you will not go to far.
7. yes
8. yes
9. answered
10. yes

1. not fruits, veggies.
2. flax is fine
3. if you are concerned about it then use some whole grain pasta or more sweet potato
4. yes
5. #5 and #9 are the same question to me. yes replace it with bcaa or just go without. Sugar/carbs should be consumed right after a workout to spike the insulin and put your body back into an anabolic state. A monosaccharide (dextrose) and hydrolyzed whey isolate is what i do.
6. yes it will make a difference. I stated why in the post above. if you are in this for the taste of your diet you will not go to far.
7. yes
8. yes
9. answered
10. yes
thanks

Your diet is full of fats and calories,I suggest you to leave chicken for a while it isn't very useful for in training eat fruits and vegetables and use red meat,eggs(white),beens,nuts, and drink milk avoid supplements that contains steroids by using this diet you will gain natural physic.

Your diet is full of fats and calories,I suggest you to leave chicken for a while it isn't very useful for in training eat fruits and vegetables and use red meat,eggs(white),beens,nuts, and drink milk avoid supplements that contains steroids by using this diet you will gain natural physic.

Full of Fats???

How are you coming up with that? It incorrect.

Chicken

You post get crazier as we move along. There's nothing wrong with chicken.

Supplements with Steriods

This is just plain bizzare. EXACTLY, which supplement contain steroids?

Kenny Croxdale

avoid the milk then. like 11g of sugar every 8oz. switch to almond milk or better yet, water. I would buy a meal replacement protein then add a little more casein to it before bed. Your metabolism and protein synthesis will be better with different types of protein vs just one.

for your breakfast i would have you eating 4 egg whites/1 whole with 6oz of lean turkey or ground beef. You have to make sure you are getting adequate protein in especially for your first meal. you can keep the oats in there if you want.

"Milk does a body good."

Research has shown milk to be a very anabolic food.

Why avoid a food that promotes muscle growth?

Chocolate Milk

Research has demonstrated that chocolate milk post workout is one of the BEST foods to consume.

Again, it promotes muscle growth.

Kenny Croxdale

you dont want to be drinking or eating shakes or food while you train...just use a intra bcaa powder if needed...

Pre, Peri and Post Workout Consumption

You want to consume something before, DURING and after your workout.

Research has demonstrated this to enhance recovery.

Nutrient Timing

This is one of the best books on Pre, Peri and Post Workout food consumption.

It goes into the research of the importance of the Pre, Peri and Post Workout consumption.

The book is about $10 plus shipping. It is a short, easy read.

Kenny Croxdale

A round-up of the advice I could gather from this and other forums:
1- Add fruits, preferably berries (such fruits are super expensive in Japan. However, I'll try my best to find some reasonably priced ones)
2- Replace my flax seed oil (Barlean's Highest Lignan Flax Oil) with Primrose (may I know why?)
3- Brown-rice might have anti-nutrients. Any comments on that?
4- Cut the bread
5- Replace intra-workout whey+oats mix with simple carbs + hydrolyzed caseinate or hydrolized whey. Any comments on this? I thought that constant consumbtion of sugar is bad? Should I use this mix even when I'm on a maintenance?
6- Switch to almond milk instead of normal milk. Or use a meal replacement shake and add some casein to it. (I really like my current casein and milk shake, would that make a difference?)
7- Add cinnamon to sweet potato.
8- Replace bread with almonds
9- Replace whey and oats with BCAAs because eating while working out is counterproductive.
10- Suggested spices/flavors: sugarfree ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, curry, allspice, turmuric, cumin, dried herbs, cloves, garam masala, ginger, garlic, onion, italian seasoning, andpaprica

Switch to Almond Milk

This makes no sense.

Peri (During) Workout Consumpiton

This has been SHOWN to enhance recovery.

Kenny Croxdale

IML Gear Cream!
Pre, Peri and Post Workout Consumption

You want to consume something before, DURING and after your workout.

Research has demonstrated this to enhance recovery.

Nutrient Timing

This is one of the best books on Pre, Peri and Post Workout food consumption.

It goes into the research of the importance of the Pre, Peri and Post Workout consumption.

The book is about $10 plus shipping. It is a short, easy read.

Kenny Croxdale
the theories on intra workout food consumption are mixed like many schools of thoughts..in my exp with BB's i dont like intra consumption unless needed to get BS stable in certain supp plans..would be more then open to reading the intra research..

the theories on intra workout food consumption are mixed like many schools of thoughts..in my exp with BB's i dont like intra consumption unless needed to get BS stable in certain supp plans..would be more then open to reading the intra research..

Nutrient Timing

Drs Portman and Ivy provides reseach data on the important of ingesting something during a training session.

This aritcle does as well...

Bodybuilding.com - Intra-Workout Supplementation: The Secret To New Gains!

"...new research has revealed that intra-workout supplementation is critical to activating peak in-gym performance as well as generating the optimum anabolic environment conducive to new gains in size and strength.

As you progress through set after set of muscle fiber-tearing weight, your muscle energy stores gradually deplete. Therefore, you need to find a method of replenishing these stores between sets for optimal muscle performance. Intra-workout supplementation is the perfect solution.

...the latest research on intra-workout supplementation will change the way you build muscle - forever.

Test subjects consumed a 6 percent liquid carbohydrate and 6 grams of essential amino acid solution during their workout and were evaluated for hormonal and muscular adaptations as well as biochemical response.

After 12 weeks, the results were astounding! When compared to the placebo group, test subjects packed on more muscle (9.04 vs. 3.97 lbs.) than the placebo group.

test subjects also increased their max leg press strength by 39 percent more than the placebo group (463 vs. 334 lbs.).

intra-workout actually decreased serum [of the catabolic hormone] concentration levels from pre-workout to 30 minutes after exercise by 23 percent - preventing excessive catabolic response (317.1 vs. 245.4 nmol/L).5 "

Peri (During) Workout Beverages

The take home message is that you can maximize your results with a Peri as well as a Pre and Post Workout Beverage.

Kenny Croxdale

Last edited:
Nutrient Timing

Drs Portman and Ivy provides reseach data on the important of ingesting something during a training session.

This aritcle does as well...

Bodybuilding.com - Intra-Workout Supplementation: The Secret To New Gains!

"...new research has revealed that intra-workout supplementation is critical to activating peak in-gym performance as well as generating the optimum anabolic environment conducive to new gains in size and strength.

As you progress through set after set of muscle fiber-tearing weight, your muscle energy stores gradually deplete. Therefore, you need to find a method of replenishing these stores between sets for optimal muscle performance. Intra-workout supplementation is the perfect solution.

...the latest research on intra-workout supplementation will change the way you build muscle - forever.

Test subjects consumed a 6 percent liquid carbohydrate and 6 grams of essential amino acid solution during their workout and were evaluated for hormonal and muscular adaptations as well as biochemical response.

After 12 weeks, the results were astounding! When compared to the placebo group, test subjects packed on more muscle (9.04 vs. 3.97 lbs.) than the placebo group.

test subjects also increased their max leg press strength by 39 percent more than the placebo group (463 vs. 334 lbs.).

intra-workout actually decreased serum [of the catabolic hormone] concentration levels from pre-workout to 30 minutes after exercise by 23 percent - preventing excessive catabolic response (317.1 vs. 245.4 nmol/L).5 "

Peri (During) Workout Beverages

The take home message is that you can maximize your results with a Peri as well as a Pre and Post Workout Beverage.

Kenny Croxdale
my response to the OP's first post was in regards to oats and whey intra...bcaa's and a carb'd drink intra is nothing new and is what i posted when i gave my response...i stand.by my stance that intra food and consumption outside of bcaa's is a bad idea unless your either using insulin or your not concerned about what you look like...and the chocalate milk trails done at the univ of florida do show a positive impact but theres alot better options then milk...i for one dont desire.milk after training...

my response to the OP's first post was in regards to oats and whey intra...bcaa's and a carb'd drink intra is nothing new and is what i posted when i gave my response...i stand.by my stance that intra food and consumption outside of bcaa's is a bad idea unless your either using insulin or your not concerned about what you look like...and the chocalate milk trails done at the univ of florida do show a positive impact but theres alot better options then milk...i for one dont desire.milk after training...

And I believe otherwise. :)

Kenny Croxdale

milk is bad for you... doesn't matter what anyone believes, it is a fact... only redemptive milk is raw milk, very hard to find.

i used chocolate milk post workout... i got big, fat, and covered in zits

bread from wheat/gluten = bad for you, doesn't matter what preparation it comes in.. it's a fact..

anyways.. very simple carbs (forget what the name is) + casien hydrosolate is supposed to be the best peri-workout nutrition.. oats are not simple carbs lol..

avoid fruits, and look into adding coconut oil to your diet

A case study of one. Now is that real scientific research.

I am sure we can all read about it in pubmed.

Kenny Croxdale

the studies on pubmed regarding chocolate milk compared it to a control drink, and a carb-only drink.. so of course it's going to be better for recovery as it has carbs, fats, and proteins.. :coffee:

were you seriously basing your claims on those studies? I sincerely hope you weren't

the studies on pubmed regarding chocolate milk compared it to a control drink, and a carb-only drink.. so of course it's going to be better for recovery as it has carbs, fats, and proteins.. :coffee:

were you seriously basing your claims on those studies? I sincerely hope you weren't

My remark was directed at you're detained and extensive scientific research on yourself being published in pubmed regarding you're getting big, fat and having performing pinple popping on your ass. That's priceless entertainment.

Kenny Croxdale

My remark was directed at you're detained and extensive scientific research on yourself being published in pubmed regarding you're getting big, fat and having performing pinple popping on your ass. That's priceless entertainment.

Kenny Croxdale

is this you dodging the question? where do the studies you were using to base your claims come from?

Back