• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tempo, Strength, Muscle Growth etc..

ss4vegeta1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I have a question. It is my understanding that the eccentric portion of the lift is vitally important when it comes to muscle growth and stretching the muscle fibers. My question is "strength training" when it comes to the deadlift and squat. Alot of people do these VERY explosively. Alot of strength athletes drop the bar at the top of the deadlift. Also I see alot of people plummet to the ground when doing squats. Should the lift be fluid for proper strength and muscle growth geared to myofibilar hypertrophy? So load will dictate? For the most part is hard to make the lift fluid the higher the load and intensity. 500lb back squats in fluid motion isn't easy anyone would agree. Now that being said what is happening with the 100% strength training athlete who drops the bar at the top and does all explosive training? He isnt building muscle as much but is working it. So the good nutrition,genetics and anabolic hormones that come from training is adding to his strength and physique? Makes sense?

it depends on what you want to achieve.
strength training is not the way to go if you are not a competitive professional athlete (wrestler, power lifter, track and field etc...)... and in general is not a good approach for bodybuilding purposes.

if you want to look good and build a nice body and avoid injury i suggest:
1- always smooth movements with no jerking
2- No locking of joints
3- varying tempo (you can go fast and even explosive from time to time without jerking the weight)
4-train hard : it does not mean train heavy it means train properly with good contractions focusing on the muscle being used.
5- slow negative movements are good if you don't stay too long in the gym (for long workouts)
6- no need to go heavy with squats, just do them smoothly without locking your knees and dropping down all the way down.
7- deadlifts are overrated in bodybuilding and doing them explosively in a beastly way will lead to explosive injuries as well:)
8- don't waste time by resting too long , rest between sets may vary from 30 secs to maximum 3 minutes

Ok, I have a question. It is my understanding that the eccentric portion of the lift is vitally important when it comes to muscle growth and stretching the muscle fibers.

Eccentric Movement

The eccentric movement plays a role when it comes to muscle growth. However, there are many other contributing factors that are an intergal part of muscle growth.

Thus, there is no simple answer.

My question is "strength training" when it comes to the deadlift and squat. Alot of people do these VERY explosively.

Explosive Lifting

In the world of sports, Power rules. Athletes utilize explosive movement as a means of increating Rate of Force...power.

A lot of strength athletes drop the bar at the top of the deadlift.

As you are probably aware of this method only trains the concentric part of the movement. It is just another method of training.

Also I see alot of people plummet to the ground when doing squats. Should the lift be fluid for proper strength and muscle growth geared to myofibilar hypertrophy?

Heavy Squats

Plummeting down too quickly with a heavy squat is counter productive.

Force = Mass X Acceleration

Research shows that when a lifter drops too quickly the weight of the bar can be magnified up to 149%. That means if you are squatting 300 lbs, dropping too fast will increase the weight (force) of the bar weight to 447 lbs. (300 X 149% = 447 lbs).

Light to Moderate Squat Loads

Plummeting with light to moderate squats can be a very effective method. It develops the stretch reflex.

Research shows that when the stretch reflex is elicited, power can be increased up to 18%.

Jumping Example

Dropping down before jumping up increases your power. You will jump higher and further vs performing a jump for a dead stop position.

Strength Training

The use of maximal loads of 85% or greater for low repetitions of 1-5 with rest periods are necessary to increase Limit Strength (1 Repetition Max).

Compensatory Accceleration

When performing Limit Strength exercises, lifters should push or pull the load with as much force as they can exert. In other words, you need to push or pull the weight as hard and fast as you can.

Doing so develops and elicits more Type II (Fast Twitch) Muscle Fibers, which allows to to lift more.

Muscle Growth

Bodybuilding has more to do with scarcoplasmic growth.

"The Pump"

Scaroplasmic growth is stimulated with training method that produce, "The Pump."

That means moderate to higher repetitions (8 plus reps), higher sets and shoter rest periods (30 seconds to 2 mintues).

Scaroplasmic growth is associated more with an increase in muscular size, rather than strength.

Myofibrillar Hypertrophy

This is associated more with an increase in Limit Strength, rather than muscular size.

So load will dictate?

Load Dictate Training

The percentage of the load used dictates which strength you are training: 1) Limit Strength, 2) Power, or 3) Speed.

The method in training each strength contains different parameters.

what is happening with the 100% strength training athlete who drops the bar at the top and does all explosive training?

Strength Deveopment

1) It develops only Concentric Strength.

2) 100% Strength Training does not specifically develop "Explosive Power".

He isnt building muscle as much but is working it.

Myofibrillar Strength

This individual is building myofribillar tissue. However, very little scaroplasmic muscle fiber.

Remember, scarplasmic hypertropy is the primary method of increasing muscle size. Myofribillar development means an increase in Limit Strength.

Kenny Croxdale

Back