• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Destroying Salmon!

TJohn

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
We all know salmon is an awesome source of EFA's right, well is it possible to destroy those fatty acids by cooking salmon in too high of a temp for too long??? I believe it is! I usually grill or broil mine to crisp the outside but leave the inside just barely done.

TJ

Mmmmm,,, toasted sushi :p

oh man! Grilled Salmon rocks. Marinate it with italian dreesing and baste it with it when you turn it! Also you want some fresh ground pepper (white pepper is the secret!) and it will melt in your mouth!:rocker: :buttrock: :thumbup:

Sounds like a personal problem...:laugh: Don't sweat it, we'll educate ya, Aussie.:grin:

I like to combine the zest of a couple o' three lemons, freshly cracked pepper (black usually) and a touch of good chile powder....sort of a dry rub.....then throw the salmon on the grill. Of course, searing it in a hot pan isn't that bad either. A dollup of sour cream, chives and garlic on top (in the old days) and Boom! Heaven.:thumb:

mmmmmmmmmmmm salmon. you're not a maritimer if you don't like fish! but then most of you probably arn't maritimers. ah well you are all invited to my place for a seafood dinner. *goes to fish off her back dock and to steal lobster from the fishermen next door* ...wuha!

seriously....yummiest source of protien around

DM -- Steaks, no question.

I think you have to be careful with the steaks...they cook well, but they seem to be pretty dense...a little goes a long way.....which is good because they're expensive. :thumb:

Hey TimeaJr! What's your take?:nana:

IML Gear Cream!
I prefer rare tuna!

Originally posted by kuso
:barf: Personally, I fucking hate Salmon....in any form :shrug:

Not too struck on other fish either.........

I'm the same way :barf: However I do love white fish :lick:

But I'd still take a rare steak anyday :thumb:

i would go with steaks but they do seem to be fattier so if that is a big concern then maybe fillets. make sure if you're leaving any seafood rare that it is fresh fresh fresh!

Hey TP, would that be red or white wine with Salmon? (Working on a menu here:thumb: )
I'm thinking about a spinach salad w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar....maybe some roasted (grilled) peppers or leeks. I'm just thinking out loud...y'all carry on.

Steaks / fillets what ever's cheaper and fresher when I buying. Halifax huh TimeaJr... Must get some nice salmon up that way :)

TJ

Originally posted by DaMayor
Hey TP, would that be red or white wine with Salmon? (Working on a menu here:thumb: )
I'm thinking about a spinach salad w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar....maybe some roasted (grilled) peppers or leeks. I'm just thinking out loud...y'all carry on.

Etiquette says white.

I say fuck etiquette, go with red.

I was thinking of something with average acidity...nice bouquette...like TimeaJr. up there...who, for the record, appears to be white............ so you must be correct.:thumb:

lol damayor ...cute very cute. that is not me in my avatar though...that is the real timea. however i am white too you are correct... correct about many things. :yes:

I meet the real Timea at the Arnold Classic.

I must say, she is much more beautiful in real life.

IML Gear Cream!
That's me.

Even got a picture, her face touching mine. She was thrilled.

Originally posted by TimeaJr
lol damayor ...cute very cute. that is not me in my avatar though...that is the real timea. however i am white too you are correct... correct about many things. :yes:

That's all it was....

I'm sure you are just as beautiful as your avatar, however.:D

Originally posted by DaMayor
That's all it was....

I'm sure you are just as beautiful as your avatar, however.:D

You might want to wipe that brown stuff off your nose.

Ha! *rubs hands together in anticipation* You wish to spar with DaMayor? Brown nose, eh? This Means War!
Too bad, I get off a 2:00....have a good weekend!:D

Afraid to mince words; rather smart. Have a good weekend too.

timea is a hotty and timea jr. is too i bet.

on the efa topic....this is where i know my shit (sorry about the language but i get excited over fats).....i used to work for an efa company......

Your answer is NO.....salmon in its natural form cannot spoil or turn its healthy omega fatty acids into bad trans fatty acids....however when any EFA's in their oil form are heated they will turn into trans.

and you guys wanta hear something that makes me ill.....last monthes oxygen mag. featured Hemp in one of their articles..and a good portion of that article was bullshit and BAD information. The hemp oil that they featured isnt cold pressed (meaning they heat it to obtain the pure oil from the hemp plant) which causes the oil to spoil....hempoil like flax gets rancid after 2 weeks after it has been exposed to the air (opened) and after 6 monthes of being pressed from the plant itself it is rancid....the hemp product they featured has no expiry date on their bottles and so you never know if your getting rancid oil until you open the bottle. Also they had like 5 recipes using hemp as an ingrediant.....they bloody well said that you could deep fry with it.......it made me nauseous to read........i will never believe anything they write until i check it out again...:mad: k i am done venting now.

lol you boys are funny and too sweet. twin peak what was timea like? hot goes without saying but was she nice? i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her

She was, I only had time to give her a moment or two though. :)

Originally posted by J'Bo
timea is a hotty and timea jr. is too i bet.

on the efa topic....this is where i know my shit (sorry about the language but i get excited over fats).....i used to work for an efa company......

Your answer is NO.....salmon in its natural form cannot spoil or turn its healthy omega fatty acids into bad trans fatty acids....however when any EFA's in their oil form are heated they will turn into trans.

J'Bo!!!! Another efa af-fish-ianado :) Thank you for answering my question. That makes me feel better about NOT turning my salmon into an oreo wanabe!!

As far as that article you described, that mag should be ashamed not only for misleading people but employing ignorant writers! Hemp oil is one of the best.

TJ

Back