• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's the difference between resistance training and weight lifting?

jfonseka

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been doing both, resistance training and weight lifting, but never could tell the difference between them. Do they work difference muscles or do different things?

Weight lifting is lifting weights. Resistance training is doing just about anything under the sun that gives resistance to the muscle. Bands, Cables, whatever. I think most would say that free weights are superior...IF you have a good knowledge base. However in general...a movement pattern is a movement pattern. I'm not a fan of machines but the alternatives for the general public seem to be too difficult to entertain.

Last edited:
I have been doing both, resistance training and weight lifting, but never could tell the difference between them. Do they work difference muscles or do different things?

Weightlifting

Okay, I am going to be anal here. Weightlifting is the sport of Olympic Lifting.

The majority of individuals incorrectly refer to "Weight Training" as Weightlifting.

Merkaba

Merkaba provides you with a good answer on this.

Kenny Croxdale

Back