• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I need help incorporating BB w/ olympic WL

BirdyBirdMan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is an example of my program right now. It changes a little every week though. I really love bodybuilding and I want to incorporate it a little into my routine to help me get bigger and bring my muscles out more. Can you guys help me with this? This is what I have thought up so far. Monday I thought I could do 8 weeks to bigger forearms (from ABC bodybuilding) and then after I do that for 8 weeks do 8 weeks to bigger forearms 2. On Wednesday I could do the traps - (I made this up) Week 1:
Dumbbell Shrugs 2x8
Upright Rows 2x8 1x Static (60secs)
Week 2:
Calf Machine Shrugs 2x10
Barbell Shrugs 3x6

Repeat.

On friday I could do biceps - the 8 weeks to bigger biceps workout on ABC BB.

Does the bench press cover the triceps enough that I don't have to work them anymore? Also am I missing any other parts of my body? I'm assuming the Olympic lifts should get my legs pretty big right? It also works the shoulders right?

mon
power cl above knee off plinth 5x5
power cl + front sq 5x5 (each)
squat (full) clean 5x5
split jerk 5x5
clean pull + power cl 5x5 (each)
back squat 5x8

wed
warmup sequence
power sn above knee off plinth 5x5
classic (full) sn 5x5
sn pull 5x5
sn pull + power sn 5x5 (each)
front sq 5x8
hyper 5x10

fri
warmup sequence
power clean below knee off plinth 5x5
power clean 5x5
clean + split jerk 5x5 (each)
clean pull 5x5
back squat 5x8
bench press 5x10

sat
power sn below knee off plinth 5x5
power sn + overhead sq 5x5 (each)
classic (full) snatch 5x5
sn pull to knee 5x5

Olympic weight lifting is alot of fast twitch muscles. (snatch, cleans) But as long as you eat right you should get bigger. Alot of those olympic lifters you see that lift ungodly amounts of weight DO have big muscle. They just have beer bellies :D But some of the smaller ones I see are pretty cut up.

Olympic lifting and bodybuilding are like apples and oranges, sure they're both fruits, but COMPLETELY different.

Using Olympic lifts is more about "speed strength" and technique, they're used to improve your performance "on the field", e.g. by football players. Or of course in the sport of Olympic lifting.

So, why in the world do you want to incorporate Olympic lifts with your bodybuilding routine?

I want the opposite. I want to incorporate bodybuilding into my olympic wl routine.

Okay, fine. Why?

They do not go together in any way, shape or form. An Olympic lifter has no purpose with bodybuilding, and a bodybuilder has no purpose with Olympic lifts.

Just as powerlifting is completely different, a true powerlifter only cares about strength on the 3 major lifts, period. Their training style is focused towards improving this, nothing else.

A bodybuilder only cares about their appearance, strength is irrelevant, it serves no purpose. A true bodybuilder does whatever it takes to add more muscle, increase proportion, symmetry and ultimately get ripped.

An Olympic lifter only cares about how much weight they can clean, snatch and jerk. They do not care about their appearance, nor their strength. They do whatever it takes to get the bar up, using different type of tecniques, leverages, etc.

I'm not actually trying to be an olympic wl. I am doing this for basketball, to increase power and explosiveness. I just wanted to incorporate BB into it a little because I am so obsessed with BB.

Well, I dont think its gonna make you any smaller :p. As long as your in the weight room, and your diet is strait, you should be alright.

Originally posted by Prince
An Olympic lifter only cares about how much weight they can clean, snatch and jerk. They do not care about their appearance, nor their strength. They do whatever it takes to get the bar up, using different type of tecniques, leverages, etc.

What? They don't care about strength? You're honestly saying that technique and leverage alone is gonna put up 200+ kg in the C & J? C'mon....

Chris

Strength is a factor, but they're goal is to put up the most amount of weight, and this is accomplished thru learning proper technique and using optimal leverage. Just an example when they push the weight from their chest to full press they do it mostly by dropping down into a squat position, very low, and while the descend they snap out their arms then squat the weight back up.

IML Gear Cream!
Agreed, Olympic weight lifting is ALOT of technique. There was this guy last year that snatched more than me. I could bench,squad,dead waaay more than him. His technique and explosivness just kicked ass.

Back