• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Back width ideas

jagstd

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I have been training my back for more years than I would care to admit. I have serious thickness in my middle back, upper back (traps) and decent flair of my lats from a rear view.

My issue is getting that obvious, tapper from just below the under arms. That classic V look.

My back training is heavy, but I do stretch and change up my poundage and reps.

Currently I start with stretching, then do standing, wide grip cable push downs simply to get the blood flowing in most all areas of the my back. Then seated wide grip pull downs up to 6 sets, leading up to max weight for 8 reps.

Next up would be seated rows, on a downward angle, pulling weight up to torso, start out pretty light, leading again, up to eight clean reps, no more than 4 to 6 sets.

Close grip cable pull downs follow. 4 to 6 sets, not going too heavy as the stress this exercise places on my shoulders is immense, but i love the stretching feeling it gives.

Finished with just 2 sets again with standing cable, wide grip pull downs, again just to flush blood in most all of my back.

So we are looking at what? A total working set range of 16 to 20?? I know that could be a bit much, but feel that is my best range to feel the work.

Again, just looking for advice on that flair. I understand it is like most every other body part, genetics play the biggest role, but also know this can be overcame.

Thanks Bros.

PC

(BTW, CHINS.... yes i just stopped or Laying off them, as my shoulders have had issues and my body weight plays HELL on them doing chins, but i have done A TON over the years...) :thinking:

Well if you have a good flare to your lats maybe its just your shoulder width that is causing your taper to be smaller. The muscle part of the classic v-taper is wide delts, flaring lats, and a small waist.

If it is your lats concentrate more on squeezing movements to force the blood in there. Reverse grip pulldowns are great, chin ups, any movement where you can get a good squeeze on the lats and know you are hitting them good.

Rev Grip Pull downs are a great addition.... i think i will drop the seated pulls and add for a month or two and see what happens. Thanks man!

Well if you have a good flare to your lats maybe its just your shoulder width that is causing your taper to be smaller. The muscle part of the classic v-taper is wide delts, flaring lats, and a small waist.

If it is your lats concentrate more on squeezing movements to force the blood in there. Reverse grip pulldowns are great, chin ups, any movement where you can get a good squeeze on the lats and know you are hitting them good.

Back