• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

prop vs enth

djquirk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm sure this has been discussed before but my search turned up nothing. I was wondering why some people choose test prop or test enth. Aside from the prop acting faster are there any other reasons to choose either one? I see a lot of the more experienced guys prefer prop. But even at EOD pins it's quite a bit more expensive to go the prop route so I was wondering whats the reasoning.

Just as its fast to build up serum levels, its also fast to clear. Many guys swap out cyp/enth to prop on the tail end of pre-contest cycles for that reason.

There is more actual testosterone in 1mg of test prop than there is in test cyp/enth as well due to the weight of the esters, and the difference is pretty substantial... prop is ~83.72% test and cyp is ~69.9% test as the cyp ester is almost two and half times more massive than propionate.

Some experience less bloat with propionate, but I can't speak to the science behind it. Besides, if you hold water on either, an AI should alleviate it.

Only reason is the time.

Prop = gains start to come at around 2nd~3rd weeks

Enenthate = gains start to come at anytime around 5th~9th weeks.

People do short cycles with prop for this reason, say like 8 to 10 weeks max while enenthate bros go minimum 12 weeks almost all the times.

I am gonna disagree with op statement on it takes 5-9 weeks for side effects to be felt. I Only run trt doses but I can definitely feel the longer esters test kick in by week 2 . I think it's just a matter of preference , as op said with the short acting test less time for sides to kick in and less time for it to clear ur system. It's obviously more of a hassle pinning ed or eod vs once maybe twice a week with the longer ester test, which is why I think most run with it because they plan longer cycle with other compounds.

you guys covered, it not much more to add here.

I like prop better because you hold less water on it.

Prop injections hurt but hold less water.

I felt prop in less than a week...I don't notice a difference between enanthate and cyp...I use cyp because it less injections and seems to be the least painful. More of less pain free.

Uhhhh... that kind of depends on the quality of the gear. If to much BA was used while brewing, i dont care how you pin it it's gonna hurt like hell. Same with the carrier oil. Some people dont tolerate EO well. I prefer gso but that's my personal preference. If gear is produced in an un-sterile environment or with un-sterile utensils, beakers and the like it can also cause very painful injections which lead to absess's. It's not just about pinning correctly. Not to mention pinning prop into virgin muscle. There are alot more factors that come into play than just proper injection techniques.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk 2

IML Gear Cream!
The difference is preference, nothing more. Mg vs. Mg, prop is stronger due to the ester attached.

At the end of the day it comes down to how often do you wan to pin. If your diet and A/I are in check you won't hold much if any water.

For me, I like to run cyp or enan, along with deca and d-bol when I'm doing a 12-14 week bulker. When I cut, I like prop due to the quick kick in time. I also like it to combine with tren-a, so since I am already doing ED or EOD injections why not? I must be one of the lucky few. Prop never seems to give me any worse pip then the longer esters. I have had enan or cyp that hurt like hell (poorly brewed), but have always been lucky with prop.

This was just brought up in another thread in this forum. In short, here are the main differences between prop and enth:

Test enth: Greater increase in protein synthesis, per mg.
Test enth: Increased conversion to estrogen.
Test enth: Slower release rate.
Test enth: Contains less testostrone, per mg.
Test enth: Possibly reduced conversion to DHT

Test prop: Lesser increase in protein synthesis, per mg.
Test prop: Reduced conversion to estrogen.
Test prop: Faster release rate.
Test prop: Contains more testosterone, per mg.
Test prop: Possibly increased conversion to DHT.

In the text below I re-posted a post of mine, which I had originally posted in another thread, as it applies to the OP.

"There is a lot of confusion regarding the effect esters have on testosterone.

Sure, test is test, but esterfied testosterone is not just test...it is esterfied testosterone. There IS a difference. Contrary to popular belief, the attached ester makes a difference in several ways. They effect the metabolism of the testosterone molecule and also causes variances in protein synthesis rates. They also effect the testosterone molecule in more well known ways, such as differences in absorption rate rate and the percentage of testosterone contained per mg.

Usually, all we ever hear about is 2 things: How they effect absorption rates...and the amount of testosterone contained per mg. Naturally, many assume that shorter ester will deliver a greater muscle building effect, due to the greater amount of testosterone per mg, but this is not so. Research going all the way back to the 30's (and which continued for many decades afterward) clearly shows that longer esters result in a greater increase in protein synthesis than shorter esters. In other words, longer esters are superior for growth, per mg of testosterone injected. If memeory serves me correctly, a 200 mg injection of test prop increases protein syntheis slightly under 200%, while a 200 mg inject of test enth increases protein syntheis into the mid-200 range. Every single subsequent study has shown longer esters to have a greater positive effect on protein synthesis. However, it is understandable why people would think shorter esters provide more bang for the buck. Not only do they contain more test per mg, but they frequenly provide quicker intial results. In light of this, the false belief that short estes are more potent is further strengthened.

Longer esters are aslo more likley to interact with aromatse, due to their longer time in the body. This is why long esters promote a more watery look compared to test prop and may possibly even be a contributing factor in their ability to elevate protein synthesis above was is witnessed with shorter esters."

Last edited:
only reason is the time.

Prop = gains start to come at around 2nd~3rd weeks

enenthate = gains start to come at anytime around 5th~9th weeks.

People do short cycles with prop for this reason, say like 8 to 10 weeks max while enenthate bros go minimum 12 weeks almost all the times.

dont think if its true!
When i do my own cycles,any testo i inject,start to gains real fast..in week 1-2 already big gains..but i am sure not muscle growth,but gains...;)

I have a question my test prop is brownish red do you think it's good or not? I've had it before and it was yellowish clear

false. i know how to inject bro, but prop fucks me up has me sick in a bed with swollen injections points like a bitch. runnin fevers and sweating like im inject 200mg tren ace/day or some shit.

i think its the grape seed oil.

a few of my bros have the same problem. and we get gear from the most respected on here

false. i know how to inject bro, but prop fucks me up has me sick in a bed with swollen injections points like a bitch. runnin fevers and sweating like im inject 200mg tren ace/day or some shit.

i think its the grape seed oil.

a few of my bros have the same problem. and we get gear from the most respected on here

No gear should do that. Says a lot for your source.

No gear should do that. Says a lot for your source.

i hear it is not uncommon for people to have allergic reactions to the grape seed oil. i stand by my source 100%, and so do my guys. i just cant do prop. no problems with tren ace, or other short esters.

it is what it is man. i've googled it though. its not unheard of Capt'n. thanks for your words of wisdom tho

Every single subsequent study has shown longer esters to have a greater positive effect on protein synthesis. However, it is understandable why people would think shorter esters provide more bang for the buck.

Links to ANY study supporting this statement??

IML Gear Cream!
I personally have gotten better results from prop myself. I usually get my gains about 14 days into the cycle and they really do last me a long time. I also like sustanol too for putting on mass. It really helps you gain muscle fast gains usually come 10-14 days into the cycle with that product. Good luck to you and your fitness and nutrition goals for the rest of the year. Let me know if you need help getting the products.

In the end test is test. Guys yaping baout water retention. But this is all up to your diet. The only difference is the time it takes for the esters to kick in. Many guys like to switch from test e to test prop at the end of the cycle. Why ? Because this way you can start pct from day 2. And not wait for weeks. More experienced users might might go with prop but for a average guy i think test e will be a better option.

i hear it is not uncommon for people to have allergic reactions to the grape seed oil. i stand by my source 100%, and so do my guys. i just cant do prop. no problems with tren ace, or other short esters.

it is what it is man. i've googled it though. its not unheard of Capt'n. thanks for your words of wisdom tho

Captn' is right...NO steroid should do that...and if anyone else who buys from your source is having the same problem, especially if it is multiple guys you know, then you can be rest assured it is not due to an allergic reaction. You are free to trust your source all you want, but the fact is that you do NOT know that you are allergic. In fact, it is very unlikely. Why? Read on. For one, all of your symptoms are pointing to either one of two things...either dirty or improperly produced prop (more likely). Aside from allergic reactions, prop should NOT EVER cause pain..and especially fever & swelling. This is why U.S. made prop is always 100% painless. Two, you tell us that you only have problems with their prop...so if it your problems are due to an allergic reaction to the type of oil used in their prop, then why aren't you getting this reaction from other injectables? It is EXCEEDINGLY unlikely that your source makes their prop with a specific type of oil that isn't used in any other injectables. Otherwise, you would be having the same problems with those too, but you're not.

Now, what sounds more likely to you...that your source uses grapeseed oil only in their prop and you are having an allergic reaction to it, despite all your symptoms mimicking those encountered with improplery produced prop...OR...is it more likely that me and the Captn' are right...and your prop is poorly produced? I'll let you be the judge of that one.

I would love to send you a bottle of test prop from PSL and see if you react the same way, but I would have to see what oil is used first.

Back