• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Elbow Injury after Heavy Barbell Shrugs....

sneedham

VP of LIFE
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I finally went to my orthopedic to check out my elbow and forearm pain and got my first (ever) cortisone shot. The DR warned me that it was a painful shot but I was thinking to myself big deal another shot....Ouch was I wrong, that was the most painful shot I have ever received... If you do not believe me try it...LOL.. Anyway I was wondering if anyone here has had side effects from such a shot. I felt flush, very amped up and not to mention could hardly move my arm for about 24 hrs... He told me it was going to take about 6 months to heal and that I had tore some muscle from the bone...I will never get another cortisone shot unless it is life or death....Just my two cents.... :shooter: Their should be a common training injury or ways to avoid injury sub forum here...Just a suggestion....

the muscle is not totally torn from the bone, if this happens then surgery is the option......cortisone are not recommended unless other anti inflamatory medication did not work

Sneedham: I got the shot in the shoulder. Doc. Says if you move when the needle is in there, it could break off. I did NOT move......OUCH! Hope you heal soon.

burrn

^cortisone shots are powerful local anti-inflammatory however if done the wrong way or if the injection hits the tendon then cortisone can cause damage and even tendon rupture.
i had one shot in my shoulder several years back, it did not hurt actually at all and i felt instant relief, but the doctor recommended me to be very careful not to aggravate it because he does not like to use another shot in the same place.

My guess is you stretched a tendon in your elbow. I probably would have denied to shot and just taken some time off. I'm not a fan of those shots and not because of the pain. Just don't think they are that beneficial. Either way give it some time and work within your pain tolerance and you should be fine...go light until the pain goes away dude.

Back