• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Black Coffee as a pre-workout

MuscleGauge1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you guys think of this. Does it provide you with enough energy to finish a good workout? What about focus and drive? Can black coffee be an effective pre-workout?

What do you guys think of this. Does it provide you with enough energy to finish a good workout? What about focus and drive? Can black coffee be an effective pre-workout?

I'll do coffee every now mad than but I can't stay as focused as I can on a per workout

Caffeine Enhance Performance

Caffeine is one of the real deals when it comes to ergogenic aides.

There is plenty of research data that demonstrates.

Effect of Two Doses of Caffeine on Muscular Function during Isokinetic Exercise
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 42(12):2205-2210, December 2010.

Caffeine produces between a 5 - 8% increase in performance.

Aerobic Benefits of Caffeine Supplementation
Torrey A. Smith, MA, CSCS, NSCA Research

"The major finding of this study is that ingestion of 6-9 mg/kg of caffeine contained within a capsule one hour prior to exercise leads to a significant" increase in performance.

Ubiquitous

Caffeine is foundation of every "energy" and weight loss supplement on the market. That because it works.

Cheap and Legal

The cost for caffeine tablet or caffeine power is pennies.

Everyone sells it so you can't get busted.

"Does it provide you with enough energy to finish a good workout?"

That depend on how long, you work is. Caffeine will give you a boost. However, there are NO miracle "supplements" that allow you to push too hard too long.

"What about focus and drive?"

Yes, that is why people drink it upon waking or when driving late at night. It keeps the alert and focused.

Black Coffee

It will work. It provides about 200 mg of caffeine.

Kenny Croxdale

Only downside is I believe you build a tolerance to it. I never drank coffee, then when I did I broke out into a sweat right away. Then it took larger cups, then larger cups more often.

Only downside is I believe you build a tolerance to it. I never drank coffee, then when I did I broke out into a sweat right away. Then it took larger cups, then larger cups more often.

General Adaptation Syndrome

The General Adaptation Syndrome applies to caffeine and just about everything else in life.

You body will adjust to it and become desensitized.

Kenny Croxdale

many experiments and studies were done on caffeine, however it has to be a double blinded experiment where the subject does not know if he was taking caffeine or not, most studies suggest that it can help increase performance, some say by 6% but this increase disappears as the subject gets used to caffeine...so it is more significant in non caffeine users. few studies suggest that there are no increase in performance, another study looked at the effects of creatine, caffeine , and the combination of both creatine and caffeine and found not effects. As far as alertness it probably works. However caffeine does not improve reflexes.
so i guess it is a good stimulant for some as long as it is not abused or taken routinely, i believe most of it is not that significant it just makes you more alert giving the impression you are going to perform better.
IN SHORT IF YOU LIKE COFFEE THEN TAKE IT AND IF YOU DON'T THEN DON'T , JUST DO NOT EXPECT MIRACLES FROM COFFEE.
as far as i am concerned i did not try it, since i don't take caffeine it keeps me awake.

I add a bit of milk to mine but... a coffee is all you need! fuck all that hyped up bull shit on the shelves!

That's always been my go to for pre WO boosts. At literally a fraction of the cost of most formulated pre WO supps. Some times I don't even brew, I just get the instant kind and slam it on the way to train. Don't taste too good but serves its purpose. If money was no object than yea, id love to do the furmulated supps made for it, but I like to be on the fruggle side with my supp spending outside of the assentials like protein.

IML Gear Cream!
Black coffee, Taurine, Beta Alanine, L- Arginine and a rip of hash oil :winkfinger:

Just had my three cups of black coffee before my workout and it worked really well! I was full of energy and had some focus too. I Think that black coffee worked today. We shall see what it does tomm. I think that its a good staple product for energy and its cheap too. How many cups a day do you guys think is too much?

just amazed with the responses here as i've never thought of the same .. black coffee as a per-workout .. great .. I'll try and see how it would come out as an impact over my physique..

i just started drinking black coffee as a pre workout... working great... or if not an ECA

After a few months I've cut my coffee intake late in the day and found that using it only as a per-work out has worked for me along with 3G beta alanine , nitro w/ no added stims.

Just had my three cups of black coffee before my workout and it worked really well! I was full of energy and had some focus too. I Think that black coffee worked today. We shall see what it does tomm. I think that its a good staple product for energy and its cheap too. How many cups a day do you guys think is too much?

"A recommendation for the optimal dose is around 3-6 mg/kg..."
National Strength and Conditioning Research article

Example: 198 lb/90 kg Body Weight

3 mg X 90 kg = 180 mg of Caffeine

6 mg X 90 kg = 540 mg of Caffeine

Thus, find calculate you body weight in kilos.

Cup of Coffee = 200 mg Caffeine (about)

That means 3 cups of coffee will delivery approximately 600 mg of caffeine.

Sounds like you at the top of the caffeine grid, dependent on your body weight.

Kenny Croxdale

I got negged on another site because I advocated black coffee as an effective cheaper alternative to bullshit commercial preWO products.

I got negged on another site because I advocated black coffee as an effective cheaper alternative to bullshit commercial preWO products.

screw it it was stupid kids that are butt hurt about pissing away money on hyped pre-wo's!

for me a multi and some carb protein ( scoop of whey and a banana for eg, with taurine, creatine mixed in most of time) and a cup of coffee. 1hr later time to lift!

IML Gear Cream!
I will hit a no doze before the gym on days I'm suffering, but coffee only gives me a minimal effect. A lot of pwo are bs but not every one sucks. I tried Pni prodigy last year and been hooked since.

Grande pike redeye from starbucks. Thats a medium coffee with a shot of expresso. Can make you pretty jittery if not used to it. I love it before cardio on empty stomach really helps burns fat IMO.

Grande pike redeye from starbucks. Thats a medium coffee with a shot of expresso. Can make you pretty jittery if not used to it. I love it before cardio on empty stomach really helps burns fat IMO.

I've got this with a dbl shot of esspresso, gave me a buzz, and I'm used to most stims. I like this shit.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I take one cup pre workout, then, another half cup dilute in intra workout water. Later one help me prevent the crash.

In theory pure caffeine supplements in pill form work better than coffee because other compounds present in coffee like chlorogenic acids inhibit the ability of caffeine to inhibit adenosine (adenosine reduces the responsiveness of nerves to neurotransmitters).

In practice that effect is likely to be small and coffee is faster absorbed than a pill so all in all coffee is probably a great pre-workout. I'm not a fan of always needing a stimulant to go to the gym, but when I need something a coffee or a plain 200mg caffeine pill has always worked for me.

In theory pure caffeine supplements in pill form work better than coffee because other compounds present in coffee like chlorogenic acids inhibit the ability of caffeine to inhibit adenosine (adenosine reduces the responsiveness of nerves to neurotransmitters).

In practice that effect is likely to be small and coffee is faster absorbed than a pill so all in all coffee is probably a great pre-workout. I'm not a fan of always needing a stimulant to go to the gym, but when I need something a coffee or a plain 200mg caffeine pill has always worked for me.

but there are also vitamins and other factors that I feel make your point less worthy. I like a coffee over a pill any day iv done both many times.

Well if coffee works as a pre-workout, I better have a cup of cappuccino before going to the gym,, but is it working? I mean, all I heard was coffee makes a lot of fat building up in your stomach or sumthin..

but there are also vitamins and other factors that I feel make your point less worthy. I like a coffee over a pill any day iv done both many times.

What other factors?

Im wondering what factors as well. Aside from some antioxidant properties black coffee has little to no nutritional value.

Back