• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Corporations tax rate 12.6%

It should be even lower. If our government didn't have a spending problem we wouldn't need the corporate or income tax. Corporations would hire more and people would spend more. Economy fixed.

It should be even lower. If our government didn't have a spending problem we wouldn't need the corporate or income tax. Corporations would hire more and people would spend more. Economy fixed.

Why would they hire more? They aren't hiring now and profits are at all time highs.

Why would they hire more? They aren't hiring now and profits are at all time highs.
Profits are high but in an uncertain economy we tend to save way more. Believe me, before any tax cuts are given to the corporations the income tax should be done away with first. Eventually it should settle between 5-7%. If our government would stop our foreign military interventionism and foreign aid we would have more than enough funds left to fix social security, balance our deficit in 10 years and let the private sector create more jobs.

product_thumbnail.php
%255BUNSET%255D.png

I think strongly that the Federal government needs to shrink. Why should we have politicians from one state, one demographic telling us all the way across the country how we should live our lives in another demographic? I don't need rulers. We don't need a ruling class. Just give me absolute freedom and all will be well.

am I in open chat? I must be lost

Profits are high but in an uncertain economy we tend to save way more. Believe me, before any tax cuts are given to the corporations the income tax should be done away with first. Eventually it should settle between 5-7%. If our government would stop our foreign military interventionism and foreign aid we would have more than enough funds left to fix social security, balance our deficit in 10 years and let the private sector create more jobs.

The private sector can create more jobs in a heartbeat. They choose not to. The economy is only uncertain because people are underemployed and underpaid. If corporations are unwilling to boost the economy by hiring and/or paying better they should be taxed more.

It will all be ok. The Fed will print more money if it gets too bad. GICH!

The private sector can create more jobs in a heartbeat. They choose not to. The economy is only uncertain because people are underemployed and underpaid. If corporations are unwilling to boost the economy by hiring and/or paying better they should be taxed more.

While I agree with what they could do we must take a step back and look at what we would do if we were the driving force in an investor driven corporation. Would we gamble at this point with inflation and an unstable market? Probably not unless we could truly afford to lose that kind of capital. I understand where you are coming from but not all of these guys are greedy elitist banker types. Some are 99%er's. They keep only 1% of their income and reinvest the rest into the markets. Not all are like that but some are. For example, the company I work for has 4 share holders and 2 of them apply the 99% method. I am sure they get some hefty tax break for reinvestment and that helps prevent them from getting taxed upon taking out their capital gains BUT my company has had 8 years of continuous growth and we are above the national average for yearly salary and live in a cheap area in terms of cost of living. Some company owners are good to go. On top of the business tax from the federal government, companies in Michigan used to pay up to 25% in state taxes as well. That is pretty unacceptable and drives companies out of an area. All you have to do is look at the auto industry in Michigan where there was a progressive corporate tax with the Michigan Business tax. This was implemented off the idea that Michigan could live only off of taxes brought in by the big 3. This was only the case for 10 years! The auto industry actually moved across the border to Canada and Mexico just to save money. We recently did away with the MBT and the industry is slowly returning back to the state. Like I said before, if government wasn't so big and spent what revenue they brought in wisely, we wouldn't need these outrageous taxes on the individual or the corporation. The US govnt at the federal level brings in over 3 trillion a year in revenue but we still some how have a large deficit. If we cannot live within our means at 3 trillion dollars a year revenue then no amount will ever sustain us. This is an indication that the government will continue its tax and spend ways and will continually spend and find ways to spend any revenue that does come in. BTW, I am having a great time discussing this with you guys! Nice to have a conversation without things getting hostile.

IML Gear Cream!

It is not a corporation's job to hire more people unless that benefits the corporation. People are hired to produce money for the corporation. If you had a lawn service business with one employee would you hire another employee before you needed him just to "boost the economy?" If not, should your little corporation be "taxed more?"

It is not a corporation's job to hire more people unless that benefits the corporation. People are hired to produce money for the corporation. If you had a lawn service business with one employee would you hire another employee before you needed him just to "boost the economy?" If not, should your little corporation be "taxed more?"
This guy has read Ayn Rand. ^^^^^

Would it not benefit the corporation to help increase the economy?

Would it not benefit the corporation to help increase the economy?

In theory yes, however as I stated it is typically an investor based business. There is a risk in this unstable economy with all factors included that may be an unnecessary risk for profit.

While I agree with what they could do we must take a step back and look at what we would do if we were the driving force in an investor driven corporation. Would we gamble at this point with inflation and an unstable market? Probably not unless we could truly afford to lose that kind of capital. I understand where you are coming from but not all of these guys are greedy elitist banker types. Some are 99%er's. They keep only 1% of their income and reinvest the rest into the markets. Not all are like that but some are. For example, the company I work for has 4 share holders and 2 of them apply the 99% method. I am sure they get some hefty tax break for reinvestment and that helps prevent them from getting taxed upon taking out their capital gains BUT my company has had 8 years of continuous growth and we are above the national average for yearly salary and live in a cheap area in terms of cost of living. Some company owners are good to go. On top of the business tax from the federal government, companies in Michigan used to pay up to 25% in state taxes as well. That is pretty unacceptable and drives companies out of an area. All you have to do is look at the auto industry in Michigan where there was a progressive corporate tax with the Michigan Business tax. This was implemented off the idea that Michigan could live only off of taxes brought in by the big 3. This was only the case for 10 years! The auto industry actually moved across the border to Canada and Mexico just to save money. We recently did away with the MBT and the industry is slowly returning back to the state. Like I said before, if government wasn't so big and spent what revenue they brought in wisely, we wouldn't need these outrageous taxes on the individual or the corporation. The US govnt at the federal level brings in over 3 trillion a year in revenue but we still some how have a large deficit. If we cannot live within our means at 3 trillion dollars a year revenue then no amount will ever sustain us. This is an indication that the government will continue its tax and spend ways and will continually spend and find ways to spend any revenue that does come in. BTW, I am having a great time discussing this with you guys! Nice to have a conversation without things getting hostile.

If by an unstable market you mean the stock market, that has nothing to do people. It is computer code making the majority of the decisions and majority of the trades to the tune of thousands of trades per minute. That is why the stock market goes up three hundred points today and drops five hundred tomorrow. It has nothing to do with actual market conditions.

In theory yes, however as I stated it is typically an investor based business. There is a risk in this unstable economy with all factors included that may be an unnecessary risk for profit.

It isn't theory.

It isn't theory.

What you are suggesting isn't free market. I believe in a true free market which we do not even have today. There is no better regulation than the almighty dollar and the consumer who uses it. We shouldn't focus on where we are today we should focus on how we got here and how to never end up in this situation again. I do not believe government enforced regulations that kill competition is the answer.

negged. something tells me you haven't read any of her work. she was a brilliant writer.
She wrote good fiction. Her ideas were crap. They still are.

What you are suggesting isn't free market. I believe in a true free market which we do not even have today. There is no better regulation than the almighty dollar and the consumer who uses it. We shouldn't focus on where we are today we should focus on how we got here and how to never end up in this situation again. I do not believe government enforced regulations that kill competition is the answer.

The market has been heavily deregulated and look at the mess we are in. Regulations have been pulled back by the gross and business just keeps screwing shit up. You need look no further than the banks.

She wrote good fiction. Her ideas were crap. They still are.

Her ideas weren't crap. It's all about perspective. I personally believe in absolute freedom and small government. To a person like myself she makes perfect sense.

The market has been heavily deregulated and look at the mess we are in. Regulations have been pulled back by the gross and business just keeps screwing shit up. You need look no further than the banks.

Regulation is a horrible name for what has been going on bro. These fuckers got bailed out after the market voted with their business. Proping a bank up that should fail is not regulation.

The banking industry is tough to regulate. They loan out fictional money from fractional reserves and expands a mythical and fictional capital that only exists in a computer. This inflates our market heavily.

To be honest, the banking industry needs overhaul and it would have been had it collapsed. We could have been on our way to recovery a long while back without government intervention. They got a bailout from us without these bought politicians asking their constituents and continually fuck the public with outrageous business practice and horrible rates.

negged. something tells me you haven't read any of her work. she was a brilliant writer.

Come on bro, lets not neg. I would like to see a good discussion with substance and no bashing to be honest. Open discourse is healthy and we need to embrace ideas of others. We never know how much longer we will have true freedom of speech on the Internet!

Businesses bought deregulation from the government. They also bought immunity from the laws they have and are breaking. The market didn't vote with its business, the house of cards the bank created collapsed because it was built of fluff and pretend money. None of them have been prosecuted. Maybe a minor fine here or there with a promise from regulators not to prosecute or an admission of guilt on the part of the banks.

You are right on the verge of seeing the system for how it is but you won't let yourself get past a supposed ideal that would be the end of the common man.

corporations here layoff 300-1500 people and then next month give the execs a 40% pay rise for moving heaps of their services offshore to india and the philippines.......

most of the controlling shareholders of major mining here have moved all their wealth and bases to places like singapore and lichtenstein to avoid taxes......

Businesses bought deregulation from the government. They also bought immunity from the laws they have and are breaking. The market didn't vote with its business, the house of cards the bank created collapsed because it was built of fluff and pretend money. None of them have been prosecuted. Maybe a minor fine here or there with a promise from regulators not to prosecute or an admission of guilt on the part of the banks.

You are right on the verge of seeing the system for how it is but you won't let yourself get past a supposed ideal that would be the end of the common man.

I try to be open minded. I am pretty libertarian. Liberal on moral issues and fiscally conservative.

corporations here layoff 300-1500 people and then next month give the execs a 40% pay rise for moving heaps of their services offshore to india and the philippines.......

most of the controlling shareholders of major mining here have moved all their wealth and bases to places like singapore and lichtenstein to avoid taxes......

Those are the kind of companies that should be able to fail due to better competition and a true free market.

Back