• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Never ending tendonitis very frustrating

Yetna

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey bros I'm 6"1 195lbs. I've been lifting weights a couple of years now. Whenever I work biceps my left arm is sore as shit at the elbow. I recently laid off of it for a month and a half, and thought it should be healed. I went to the gym today and worked bis and once again soreness starts creeping up. I feel I could have much bigger arms if this wasn't in my way. What can I do?

I also have very severe tendonitis among many other injuries and the only advice I can give is to work around your injuries . Only other option is to not train and that is not an option . Goo luck and maybe your case is not as severe as mine and rehabilitation is an option for you . Good luck bro

^^^^ Agreed.

Have you gone to your doctor? Can you work triceps without pain?

Stop training your left biceps for three months. Working the right biceps may help maintain your left biceps. Sounds like crazy talk but I thought I saw somewhere that training the uninjured limb can keep the injured limb from atrophying significantly. And, fwiw, your triceps are what's responsible for your arms looking big.

Wishing you a full recovery.

Try out a product called E-Pharm Joint Force. This product has been priceless for my tendonitis issues and really works in a way no other product I have come across does. It is made by Patrick Arnold's company so that should make you feel a little more secure about investing in a bottle.

Forearm tendonitis was the first I ever experienced - back in 1992. Since then I've also got all sorts of fun w/ wrist & elbow and even more at the insertion points. It flairs and settles, but never really seems to have "healed". The thing is that you've started establishing a compromise in that joint, probably just from a combination of stress to the joint as well as simply repetitive motion. I'm going to check out the E-Pharm stuff as well, but the anti-inflammatories aren't going to make it "heal" because the environment you developed it in isn't going to change if you plan on being a lifetime lifter. As you start start to experience the isolated points of wear & tear, I'd recommend that you start to incorporate a few stretches into your program to warm up those smaller joints. Over time the same can happen at different connection points to the same area - like I mentioned - wrist, forearm insertion point, elbow - "inside" and "outside" (tennis elbow / golfer's elbow), bicep and tricep insertions to the elbow joint as well as so all the connectors into your shoulder / rotator. Expect it. When you hit 40-45 it will be there for sure. I'm 47 - currently I have no real issues in the big muscles, but the little muscles around all the little joints, including all the way up my arms, as well as my ankles and into my feet (plantar fasciitis) - I can literally feel the tightness if I twist or stretch these. Its essentially the same as getting a knot in your back or any of the big muscles, except its in the little muscles that we take for granted, don't explicitly stretch and bear the brunt of the repetitive motion stuff that is inherent in weight lifting

Here are some stretches I'd recommend you incorporate - even a few - but the consistency is what will save you over the years.

Google

If that link doesn't work for you, I just googled "youtube elbow tendonitis stretching exercises".

Ask any powerlifter or Oly guy or MMA guy about how important the stretches are....

Just one of the many ailments every bodybuilder/weightlifter goes through. Over time you'll aggravate your tendons with those heavy loads, the only thing i've found that works a 100% is rest.

I know it's hard to rest and not do anything, but as Murph says, work around it. You're probably working arms too much or too heavy anyway. Don't do Bi's for awhile, as hard as you're working those, put that same effort into legs or calves or some other part of your body that you feel is lacking.

Forearm tendonitis was the first I ever experienced - back in 1992.

I worked at a bindery in 1996 and moving the paper by hand was a lot quicker than using their cranes. We'd throw the sigs on the conveyor belt and just keep on moving, 13-hour days. Developed tennis elbow or what the doctor called epicondylitis.

Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis) -OrthoInfo - AAOS

Physical therapy and rest helped. What I thought was fixed. Was doing barbell cleans and found out soon enough that nothing is ever fixed, it's just temporarily healed. lol Not messing with cleans ever again.

I've had the same thing for a while now and it's finally going away. Extra rest helped a lot but these types of injuries can last a long time, so I wasn't going to just wait untill it went away completely. I altered my training routine so that I had no isolation exercises for the biceps and did not go heavy on upper body pulling movements. It still aggravated it but not to the point where I needed anything for the pain. It was just enough pain/discomfort to let me know that it was still there and that I still needed to take it easy. It's almost completely gone now, but it's also been a good 4-5 months since it started. So be patient, because it's doubtful it will be gone anytime soon.

What arm/forearm exercises are you doing?
How much weight are you using on each exercise?

The reason that I asked that question above is that sometimes you can get elbow tendonitis if you do not rotate arm and forearm exercises, volume and weight.
Good luck with your issue.

IML Gear Cream!
A Thai Dr determined I have golfer's elbow. I can curl, but hurts to pick up a coffee pot.
When I was diagnosed with a hernia I quit the gym for 3 months. It went away.

The surgeon said 'go ahead' and lift until the hernia gets worse - so I did! Elbow came back.
I take Osteo Bi-Flex with gelatin to support collagen production. MSM, Chondroitin, may help a bit. I found CetylPure and it seems to flare up less.

I have the same issues in both elbows and knees.I just wrap the shit out of them and still lift heavy.I use a lot of Icy hott and Ice them down if too sore.Seems to help with the pain.

Unfortunately for me, I recently ran into this same issue with my right elbow. Rest, rest and more rest seem to be the cure. I was so desperate to lift again that I almost found my self in front of the doctor asking for a cortisol injection. After time away from the gym and a rigorous supplement regimen w/Alflutop, my tennis elbow seemed to go away. I however right now don't lift heavy and still wrap my elbow just for precaution. Also, Penetrex seems to do awesome right after a workout.

go see a pt or other clinician who does active release therapy or graston therapy, they work wonders

What worked for me was find out which exercises are really aggravating it.(In my case, skullcrushers/heavy dips)

Then I would find the best stretches for that area and really warm up good before going heavy on triceps. I read somewhere that negatives with light weight can help heal the tendon but who knows. All these things combined have mine healed, and I can now can go heavy on skullcrushers and dips without problems usually.

I may need to do that.

Now on 4th week no lifitng. Gettin' better slowly.

Trying the Joint Force stuff, just ordered. I'd like to do it naturally with rest. Even trying tart cherry juice along with the usual joint supp regimen.

Fucking elbows! I got the same issue as you, however, mine is so bad that it hurts to pull-up, chip-up, row, and military press. I am on 3 weeks of a rest, and it still hurts as bad today as it did 3 weeks ago. FUCK ELBOWS!

I experienced the same thing, golfers elbow. I didn't do back or biceps for 3 months. This is what I ended up doing:

1. ART therapy. Most of us don't stretch much. We lift chest, chest, and between the other muscles, chest. My chest was too tight. That pulls your shoulders forward. Also my traps were tight. That pulls the shoulders up. This creates a condition where it stresses the whole biceps chain "shortening" those tendons. You need to stretch chest and traps to lengthen the area. The tendons won't be so short and therefore being stressed all the time. Deep tissue and daily stretching helped fix my problem. I still daily stretch my chest and have not had it flare up for 2+ years.

2. I also incorporated igf-lr3. From what I've read, there are a lot of receptors in connective tissue. I think it helped repair the area.

Through this protocol, I could feel a significant difference after 2 1/2 weeks.

Fwiw it worked for me.

igf-lr3 is what you need while on this my dr put together arm is 100% pain free. while off of igf I can not train my right arm from the pain. i am hooked on igf-lr3 like a crack head.

IML Gear Cream!
there is stuff made for horses you can get from the feed store i was just talking to a powerlifter about. He says it taste like shit but its powerful enough for horses joints and ligs/tends that it blows us away. I have also used stuff that is injectable that is like WOW instant relief but adding pinning sucks.

Ice everyday take motrin and do your best to remove the inflammation. I wrap my elbows because triceps get really painful at 8% or lower bf. To the point where I cant train them. Keep your joints warm. Properly warm up, look into preexhuast workouts with light weight to reduce the heavy load later on.

I think everyone experiences some elbow pain now and then, you figure almost anything you do: curl,bench,shoulder press, tricep ext. and even back movements you involve the elbows-when mine flare I go light on movements that bother it, and I'm 51 and still chugging along

I hear you brother,

I have had the tendonitis explore my wrists, elbows, forearms and now my feet after years of training..

Strangely enough they all seemed to correct itself. I did explore homeopathic remedies from a health food store that really helped..

Also if you have heard of Yoga Toes.. they worked wonders for my foot pain.. Not sure if it will help.

Dont laugh , the yoga toes worked.. :)

Been using Joint Force for a few days now.
Pain is less but I don't know for sure if it's from laying off lifting heavy or from the Joint Force.

I've only done light upper body work with low volume twice in going on 2 months months.

Anybody have links so I can research igf-lr3?

there is stuff made for horses you can get from the feed store i was just talking to a powerlifter about. He says it taste like shit but its powerful enough for horses joints and ligs/tends that it blows us away. I have also used stuff that is injectable that is like WOW instant relief but adding pinning sucks.

Ice everyday take motrin and do your best to remove the inflammation. I wrap my elbows because triceps get really painful at 8% or lower bf. To the point where I cant train them. Keep your joints warm. Properly warm up, look into preexhuast workouts with light weight to reduce the heavy load later on.

Probably MSM powder.

In addition to time off, icing, and the usual immediate pain treatment stuff, I would also include some good stretching. Ultimately tendonitis, particularly in the arms, is a combination of repetitive motion and muscles that get tight, continue to get tight and just suffer from continued inflammation. And it just gets worse as you get older and your body can't recover from the tight muscles as readily. Definitely recommend good warm ups:

Fast Facts About Bursitis and Tendinitis

Tendonitis Fact Sheet | Muscle & Strength

Tendonitis - NHS Choices

DMSO ..but it only masks it.. Rub on forearms. I used it on my knees when I played football in college..Get kind of a garlic taste in your mouth from it .. Used that and MSN for acute tendinitis..

Same thing here with bicep tendon causes pain all the way to shoulder. It was my left one last year but I heard and felt that one go. All I did was work my left arm like it was hurt lower weight and more reps and it took about 8 months to get completely better. But now my right is hurting so doing the same thing can't stay out of the gym to old will turn into a fat old man. I do inject prop in biceps hoping it will help. It seems that if you are on test at an older age the muscles do get stronger and bigger but the joints, tendons and connective tissue is still and week. I do run Deca twice a year and if the timing is right it does help the pain of the injuries. I do use DMSO also but I put some TNE in it.

The great thing about TRT is the cycle never ends.

Sounds like you have the same issue as I. At night, my bis are literally numb after 13 years of consistent lifting. Right now, no more pain. Easy off the heavy curls, and focus on a decent amount of weight fully contracting the muscle for 2-3 seconds to really establish the mind muscle connection...If you have girlfriend/wife/mistress/mom/grandma...ask her to give you a deep tissue massage around the inflamed tendinitis area consecutively for a couple of days and STRECH!!!

Rest, ice, stretches, and (Meloxicam, a prescription only, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication); works wonders for me whenever an elbow or knee flare up happens (usually once a year or so). A medium to medium high dose of a Prednisone prescription for 10-14 days, along with rest, ice, compression, etc... is my go to when things get really bad tendon wise. Talk to your doctor OP if you haven't already...

I have been hitting it hard in the gym, but threw out everything that aggravates the issue. This seems have helped. Chin-ups replaced pullups. Standing cable row replaced t-bar row and bent-over row. No curls at all, and all of my pulling movements are slow and controlled. Now, it hardly even bothers me.

Lifting smart might be the best solution i think.

Back